The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Any medication to help my ageing dog?

michalis

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hello everyone, I am new here and looking for advice as I am worried

my dog has turned 16 and suddenly stopped to want to go out, she used to beg to go for walks, but all of a sudden she refuses to she just goes to the garden to poop and that is it.

she also suddenly stopped barking which i read could be because of bad hearing but i think her hearing was bad for a while before the barking stopped

he hind legs are a bit weak but either than that she can walk and run could she be sick?

is there anything i could give her to help her out?

has anyone come accross k9-gh? it supposedly helps dogs body produce enzymes to keep her youthful, but i cant find much info online

With respect I think you should take her to a vet. There are plenty of good safe modern medicines that might be able to help her.

Regards,

Juliatee

With respect I think you should take her to a vet. There are plenty of good safe modern medicines that might be able to help her.

Regards,

Juliatee
I did already, he just said its old age

If that is all your vet offered, in the way of help for your dog, then change your vet. If you have noticed a significant change in behaviour then you are right to be worried about her. It may be nothing more sinister than arthritis but it still needs treating!

Find a good vet and ask for a diagnosis. Most vets will run routine bloods tests to check how the kidneys and liver are functioning in elderly dogs. So much can be done to improve the quality of life for our ageing pets. A happy pet means a happy owner.

Once you have a diagnosis you are then in a position to try various treatments to help your dog.

If that is all your vet offered, in the way of help for your dog, then change your vet. If you have noticed a significant change in behaviour then you are right to be worried about her. It may be nothing more sinister than arthritis but it still needs treating!

Find a good vet and ask for a diagnosis. Most vets will run routine bloods tests to check how the kidneys and liver are functioning in elderly dogs. So much can be done to improve the quality of life for our ageing pets. A happy pet means a happy owner.

Once you have a diagnosis you are then in a position to try various treatments to help your dog.
ok thanks i will do that, is there anything else I can do? I read in another thread on this forum about aktiveit that helps the brain is that any good? also I found this nutritional supplements online called k9gh does anyone know if they are good?

I hadn't heard of it; I had a look online and their own marketing suggests giving it to dogs from the age of 3 so I'm not sure how effective it would be for an older dog. But actually it is a growth hormone supplement and it looks similar to some of the supplements taken by body builders. Personally I wouldn't use it because I'd worry about side effects but why not have a word with your vet?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back