The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Anyone got any thoughts on the BWRA proposals?

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Where have the 2 proposals come from on the forms that don't have a proposer name? I thought they all had to have a proposer & a seconder?

we have got our forms yet ..maybe cause theres something going on with the post at the moment

Where have the 2 proposals come from on the forms that don't have a proposer name? I thought they all had to have a proposer & a seconder?

I THINK THEY ARE PROPOSED BY THE ABOVE PROPOSER COULD BE WRONG THOUGH ;) THE ONE I AM NOT KEEN ON IS THE BEND CHAMPS / TYRONE ON A SATURDAY , IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME BUT WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE THAT WORK ON SATURDAYS. :0 :c ???

I think saturday opens were tried a while back - i know when we had a regional one years ago it wasnt very well attended with it being on a saturday. Saturday makes no odd's to me but like you say there are a lot of people who work / have things to do on saturdays.

run as weighed proposal was doreen hopkins and bend seeding proposal was y ragnoli & t weatherson

The most welcome thing is the return of the postal vote

:w Hi, could anyone tell me what the proposals are please?. Andy :D

:D

HI ANDY

BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS YOU MIGHT HAVE YOUR POSTAL VOTE FORM

SIDEWINDER BE FOR RCHs AS INTENDED :D

ABCDE RACING TO BE IN TWO CLASSES 24LB 32LB :D

TYRONE & BEND CHAMPS TO RUN ON A SATURDAY :angry:

WEIGH IN FOR ALL NATIONAL EVENTS BE 9-30am-11-00 :8

RUN AS WEIGHED AT ALL B.W.R.A EVENTS :angry:

ALL REGIONS SUPPLY 2 EXPERIENCED WORKERS

( ONE FOR EACH DAY OF CHAMPS)

TO WORK AND RUN EACH DAY :D

JACK CADMAN TO BE SPLIT INTO TWO GROUPS 24LB -32LB :D

SCRAP 28 DAY RULE AT ALL EVENTS EXCEPT CHAMPS :D

TO ALLOW INSIDE SEEDING ON BENDS AS WELL AS OUTSIDE SEEDING ;)

Sidewinder saunter proposal will not work as you will have to split vets into 2 groups champs and none champs.If you get a vet title it will not be worth the paper it is written on.The rule only changed a few year ago and if you were chasing for points the none champs got a raw deal as they could not race and when there are 19pts points on offer for supreme it is alot to catch up.

:D ANDY I PROPOSED TO HAVE A NONE CHAMPION VET CLASS AS WELL ,BUT THE TOP TABLE THROUGH IT OUT. :angry:

DON"T WORRY ABOUT IT BEEN VOTED IN BECAUSE IT WONT BE THERE ARE MORE NONE CHAMPION VETS THAN CHAMPIONS ;)

seeding on inside as well as the outside makes sense if they change from inside hare to outside hare but only with true lure dogs that chase and course the hare as they will go to whatever side the hare is on as soon as they can that very often being straight out of traps steve,

I see that no proposal was brought in to have the run offs at 2ft or 1/2 yd ld. Or two classes for supreem upo to 24 and up to 36 anyone want to bet that next years supreemes are under twenty two pounds in weight. Not that I find this all to predictable yawn!. :(

this isPeter posting

:D PETER YRD/LB AS BEEN THE FORMAT OF RACING FOR 30+YEARS,BEFORE THAT IT WAS ALL IN NO CLASSES SO IF YOU HAD A 27LB+ DOG AND YOU WERE DRAWN IN A HEAT WITH THREE LIGHT-WIEGHTS YOU WENT HOME OR WATCHED THE REST OF THE RACING,CLASSES WERE INTRODUCED SO THE HEAVIER DOGS COULD AT LEAST GO HOME WITH SOMETHING,I MYSELF HAVE A 30LB BITCH AND I AM QUITE CONTENT TO WIN A CLASS,I THINK THE FORMAT IS ALLRIGHT. :(

AS FOR INSIDE SEEDING ON BENDS I PERSONALLY THINK IT WILL BE ABUSED AS IT IS ON THE STRAIGHTS,PEOPLE SEED DOGS LEFT OR RIGHT BECAUSE THEY DON"T WANT TO BE DRAWN IN THE DEATH TRAP ( white ). JUST MY OPINION :0

Last edited by a moderator:
John, you might be happy to win your class, as i am, but the thing I do not like about yd lb racing over 150 is that most finals have only two dogs running as all other classes have pulled out. surely we all want to see the best five dogs in each run off at the championships in with a chance. I know I like to see four or five dogs comeing over the line close together not in a precesion that leads to injuries.

Still see you at the derbys next year, PS we must be realy unlucky as we both have dogs that are crap on the bends.

I personally liked most of the proposals....

Seeding is a problem...my dog, when he is the heaviest in a run off say, will go extreme right on the straights to see the lure...it's cost him several yards this summer just gone...However, on the bends he will be automatically on the right when racing smaller dogs...so, inside seeding can only come into play on the bends when it's an inside lure...have I got this right.

Paul

PS we must be realy unlucky as we both have dogs that are crap on the bends.

:D PETER U SPEAK FOR YOUR OWN DOG(LOL) :D

I HAVE EVERY CONFIDENCE IN PALOMA ON A DECENT TRACK SHE JUST COULD"NT HANDLE THE BENDS AT ASKERN ;) LIKE THE SAYING GOES HORSES FOR COURSES. :w

Abuse???? John to my way of thinking and seeing it is all left hand runners should be in one race, all right hand runners in the other- then the dogs that run true and chase the lure should be in their own race. Why should anyone with a lure dog be penalised for what is supposed to be the idea of lure racing.i.e- to chase the lure and have the misfortune of having in your own words 'to be in the death trap.'Surely this is abuse of a true lure dog.................

Last edited by a moderator:
yet but john u propes the other year that the sidewinder to be for all dogs and u got it now ure propising that it be back for just champions why?????????????

yet but john u propes the other year that the sidewinder to be for all dogs and u got it now ure propising that it be back for just champions why?

I THINK U HAD BETTER GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT ANDREW BEFORE U MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT, I HAVE NEVER PROPOSED THAT THE SIDEWINDER BE FOR ALL VETS,SO THINK BEFORE U TYPE :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back