The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Asfordby W.r.c

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:thumbsup: Racing this saturday 7th Oct, normal time 10.30 weigh -in

We cant get there this week, Sally would you put the results on for me please if you go.

:cheers:

hi i am jackie a new member, i am interested in racing my bitch she's non pedigree whippet out of viv's quest i have never done any proper racing before only at lurcher shows but would be intrested in starting could anyone give me some advice is the asfordby race track near melton mowbray if so its not far from me in lincolnshire, any help would be great many thanks jackie :)

Hi Jackie - I have 2 Viv's Quest pups they are out of Connor's Lass.

Asfordby is a stones throw from Melton Mowbray but I'm not very good at directions. Will see what I can do ...

jtweedie said:
hi i am jackie a new member, i am interested in racing my bitch she's non pedigree whippet out of viv's quest i have never done any proper racing before only at lurcher shows but would be intrested in starting could anyone give me some advice is the asfordby race track near melton mowbray if so its not far from me in lincolnshire, any help would be great many thanks jackie :)
Hi Jackie , Wellcome to whippet racing :thumbsup:

We meet on saturday mornings. If you can email or PM me your phone number I will ring you and give you more details.

We look forward to meeting you.

thank you all for your posts, i will look farward to meeting you all soon i now how to get to asfordby because i went to school in melton so i would just need to get the last few directions i cant believe its so close to home yet i have never been, as for my bitch i dont now much about her except she is coming up 2 years old was put on the track as a pup and she was more intrested in playing so she was sold to me. she has grown up alot now so maybe she will have a chance is she to old to start racing?

She works rabbits like a dream now and has turne out well.

View attachment 37516

Your bitch looks well :thumbsup: Jackie do you know what the dam is?You'll be well looked after at Asfordby they're a great bunch of folk.I'm sure you'll be made most welcome :D Karen

:thumbsup: good luck with her :luck: and look forward to seeing you at asfordby

i hope she give the racing her best i am looking forward to it, i dont now who the dam was i bought her at 8 months old i wish i did!!!

She looks like she could be out of the Saluki Cross bitch - is she two in February ?

my partner research this a bit when we got her and it was suggested as a possablilty she may be out of a saluki but we hope not, she shows no real signs of its. temperment, size, weight & looks etc

anyway she is pippa and is a fantastic bitch we love her lol she has sticking up ears to

She inherited Viv's Quest ears then lol :- "

We have 2 "radars" here plus pups Mother having "radar ears" too lol

Will probably see you next weekend :lol:

Wonder if she's out of the same litter as Dean and Deb Longdons dog.I think that was out of a collie cross bitch.Not sure but I know that ran well at Asfordby.Maybe Don might be able to shed some light on her litter.Hope you have some fun running her Jackie :D Karen

yes her ears are funny but i see she not the only one thank good, are you there this saturday 11th ?

do you think she is to old to start this racing ?

i might buy a another one or two may be, i will have to sneek them in the kennels without hubby seeing lol

can you still run them if they have collie saluki etc at the club?

can anyone tell me what i need to buy for my bitch and where is the best place to get all the kit from

i am all ready addicted its just weather the bitch is up to it!!!!!

she is a bit fat at the minute as well

I believe the racing organisations say the dog is to be "whippet-like in appearance" I know of a few with crossed bloodlines that have raced. Most clubs don't bat an eyelid and will let you come and run a fair variety of crosses. I wouldn't worry though Pippa appears relatively "whippet-like".

The best thing you can do for Pippa is fetch her along and let her have a go then try her with another dog in a few weeks when she is more experienced. Worry about the kit and caboodle when you find out if she likes what she's doing (which she probably will !!!).

Standard kit is a muzzle (a MUST for trialling with other dogs) and a good strong collar and lead along with a set of 1-5 numbered racing jackets like the Greyhounds and a trap board (you got to see one to know what they're all about) but for starters just a dog, a warm coat and some patience will suffice.

Hoping to be there on Saturday with Bumpy and her mum Kerri :D

Hi in regards to your bitch I have just looked through my records and yes I do believe it was out of Daves bitch she had 11 pups on the 14th march she had 6 bitches and 5 dogs

We had someone from lincs asking about a pup out of the same litter was sold to them as a whippet and got in touch with me and was annoyed when I said it wa suluki maybe that is were you had her from

I will be there on Sat and will have the stud book and pictures of the dam

Hope this helps see you sat and all the members will help you

look forward to seeing you Don

hi don that would be my partner trying to find out more thank you for the info, unfortunatly all my dogs except for my 11 week old pup have been stolen from my kennels yesterday afternoon they are all microchipped so i have everything cross they will come home i am gutted my old lurcher has gone and pippa been up since 5 am looking for them i cant believe it

I am so sorry to hear of your loss there is some scum bags about isnt there have you thought of putting your loss on k9 if you have it as a lot of racers could keep a lookout and tell you if they get any offers for them if someone wants to sell them

if you havent got k9 tell me what has gone missing and I will gladly do it for you

if you want to ring me feel free to do so would like to talk anytime my number is 01159327642

see you hope you get reunited with your dogs

jtweedie said:
hi don that would be my partner trying to find out more thank you for the info, unfortunatly all my dogs except for my 11 week old pup have been stolen from my kennels yesterday afternoon they are all microchipped so i have everything cross they will come home i am gutted my old lurcher has gone and pippa been up since 5 am looking for them i cant believe it
Hi Jackie, Im the one you rang the other day. Im so sorry to hear your dogs have been stolen. Contact the police , dog walden and all the vets in your area ASAP.

Do you have photos of all your dogs ? Go to missing dogs in main page of k9

Give everyone as much info as you can about each dog and photos if possible.

And put it on the net on every site you can find for missing / stolen dogs.

As soon as you have put some info on I will post it on to sites this end of the country for you , as I work for rescue.

Please get as much information on each dog as you can , markings , color , scares anything that might help.

Do you have a printer ? Get posters out to the vets and local shops. If you need anymore help you have my phone number Good luck with your search . Everyone will be on the look out for them if you get them on the missing dog section of k9 . :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back