The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ashburton Terrier,lurcher & Family Dog Show

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Great stuff :thumbsup: (w00t) sounds like we got ourselves a party then :wacko:

Just off now to help mow the race track and rings. :)

mmm praying for dry weather ,fairweather camper here :clown: will just have to pack up early before rain comes back ,omg do we need to book!!!!
No Tish just turn up :) We'll leave you to bring the sunshine then :thumbsup: :clown:

:D I HAVE JUST GOT TO BATH THE FERRETS :lol: AND WE SHOULD BE THERE ABOUT MID DAY :lol:

SEE YOU THERE :thumbsup:

:( Bloody gutted we wont be there, make sure you take loads of pictures of everything, Saturday nights party,(and i know you lot will have one) :lol:

Pictures lots and lots please please please, just for me. :- :thumbsup: Di

Well, I went, got soaked with rain and came home again :(

The dogs were miserable so I decided to give the weather best and go again another day :thumbsup:

What a shame, because the track and rings were lovely and it was all very well organised.

I do hope it clears up a bit for the many people who turned out from far and wide :thumbsup:

Well, I went, got soaked with rain and came home again :( The dogs were miserable so I decided to give the weather best and go again another day :thumbsup:

What a shame, because the track and rings were lovely and it was all very well organised.

I do hope it clears up a bit for the many people who turned out from far and wide :thumbsup:

:angry: Bloody typical of the weather to ruin a good show, but i bet they had a good **** up last night :lol: (rain or not) :- It's still a show i will be going to next year, well run and a lot fun, (on a sunny day). Put your feet up and have a cuppa tea, it's raining here too. :( :thumbsup: Di

Well, I went, got soaked with rain and came home again :( The dogs were miserable so I decided to give the weather best and go again another day :thumbsup:

Hi there Jane,i did see a glimpse of you,down the bottom of the field,i persumed it was you with you hat,blue coat.Sorry we did,'t hve a chat as we stayed in the car :( until the judging started,Benson got 1st in puppy dog and reseved Champion pup,the poor thing was not happy being in the ring :( ,then Oliver got 2nd in Sporting and Abbee 3rd in pedigree,then we all had enough!! I was soaked,so glad to get home and get into some dry clothes.Shame as its a lovely show.

:Dhad a great party Di wish you were there :D got soaked today in the racing Lara our pup won and so did Tigger so we did have a good day apart from the lovely british weather :angry: it was good to meet up with shona and her OH graham aka GOODGAL on k9 she made great punch with VONKA in it.That was what was in my coffee cup :lol: :lol: :lol: had a great time with tish jo deb and kev as well :D

Despite the weather :rant: it was a great day.

BIG thank you to kev and debs for yet again another very well organised lurcher working event and another BIG thank you to the show organisers......sorry i dont know your names :unsure: (but you are lovely people) :thumbsup:

Well done to all the winners but most of all well done to everyone for braving the weather and supporting a good cause.

It was great to see everyone......looking forward to the next!

Last edited by a moderator:
:Dhad a great party Di wish you were there :D got soaked today in the racing Lara our pup won and so did Tigger so we did have a good day apart from the lovely british weather :angry: it was good to meet up with shona and her OH graham aka GOODGAL on k9 she made great punch with VONKA in it.That was what was in my coffee cup :lol: :lol: :lol: had a great time with tish jo deb and kev as well :D

Hi

message from dave & Donna (show organisers)

We would just like to say a massive thankyou to all who braved the weather, to support and those who helped out aswell, for our show for the 2nd year!!

we've had rough tally up and reckon you all have raised a massive £600 (roughly) for the devon air ambulance!!! which is all very much apprieciated.......

....and we hope to see you all again next year (can some one order the weather please!!!!!)

dave and don

thanks dave and donna for a lovely weekend ,just a shame about the weather ,really pleased my piprudy (my old girl ) won the family show ,and lola still enjoyed the racing winning the coursing a
DSCF3241.jpg
nd straight terriers

Hi did anyone take any photos of the sim racing, cheers runtome

thanks dave and donna for a lovely weekend ,just a shame about the weather ,really pleased my piprudy (my old girl ) won the family show ,and lola still enjoyed the racing winning the coursing a
DSCF3241.jpg
nd straight terriers

A proper little cow girl, she not daft not getting her hair wet for anyone. :lol: Di

:sweating: What a day! So sorry we brought that nasty rainy stuff with us :(

Thanks so much though to Kev and Deb, all the helpers and so many friendly folk who made it a great day in spite of what the heavens were chucking down - great show - we'll definitely be back (if you'll have us - we'll try to leave that black cloud at home next year?!)

And well done with Lara and Tigger, Sarah - not forgetting Ruby and ... is it "Stumpy"? 's success!!

Good to see you all - cheers (w00t)

Sheona Graham Willow and Rowan xx

such a shame it was a touch damp, i wonder if 'spuddy's' warmed up yet lol

thankyou loads to kev and debs and the marshalls and judges and anyone else who HAD to stand out in the weather for hours

dylan won the terrier hurdles and got a lovely shield and reluctantly had to walk in the acid rain and won pairs with lola

willow was 2nd in companion puppy 6-12months (or 6-14mths :- lol) and 2nd in lurchers progeny with her mum noodle

and finally thankyou to goodgal for the scrumptious sangria and the recipe yum yum :cheers:

and finally finally thanks debs for the equally scrumptious chocolate cake yum yum yum :rolleyes:

and finally finally thanks debs for the equally scrumptious chocolate cake yum yum yum :rolleyes:

UMMMMMMMMMM Debs cake was lovely :wub:

Well done sarah & paul on your success at the weekend. Jade sends her sis a big WELL DONE and hopes to meet up with her again soon. We will have to venture down there one day when time permits.Hope you enjoyed the VONKA.

Sonia & Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Well despite the terrible weather we had a lovely time at the show and everything was well run...thanks to the organisers for a great day :) Even though our dog Chopper hates the rain he did us proud by winning the unders racing!!!! :rolleyes: Here are the vids of the unders and overs straight racing finals.....

Unders:

And Overs:

Cheers Shane & Tish ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back