The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

askern

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
maybe a couple of weeks ago they have had the time

i new they were goin to askern way befor the champs

some members were there infact quite a few,wonder how many other things have been changed by bwra n fed without all members voting on it

you have all had time to go racing at askern,no good moaning about it now,,the owner asked which lre we wanted to use and inside was voted on

:angry: jesus christ how many more times are we going round in circles? would you rather run to the outside and smash your dogs up OR run to the inside and be safe?????????? THE TRAPS ARE IN THE CORNER OF THE BEND AND RUNNING TO THE OUTSIDE WOULD CERTAINLY CAUSE A SERIOS ACCIDENT. Is it just because the FED have made this decision???????? The BWRA would have made the same decision given the same circumstances im sure. People from the NORTH have come down and raced and were present on thursday when the decision was made, also races from the eastmids southyorks midlands ect and all had their vote. You will agree this is the right decision when you go to askern. The managment have been very supportive and bent over backwards to accomidate whippets so give them a chance, they dont deserve anyone moaning and groaning or whippets will have little choice as to where they run.

fair enough the decision has been made to run the championship to the inside hare and as the last writer said some people from the north have hed a run round the track but as far as i no they have only run to the outside [correct me if im wrong] . but getting on to sundays open at askern can anybody tell me if this open is going to be run to the inside or the outside hare and over what distant .

the golden jacket on sunday and the next one will be run to inside hair over 280 meters, in the usual golden jacket weight groups

what is that supposed to mean?! it sounds like somthing from the 1940's... 

I WAS"NT BORN IN THE 40s BEFORE MY TIME :8

:c ??? :( :w :c

ALL I ASKED WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION AND HOPED I WOULD GET A SENSIBLE ANSWER :8

The NWRF choice of Askern has probably more to do with its gate money problem than anything else.

I have raced at Askern and it isn`t my favorite track due to the sharp bend and relatively poor facilities but is an acceptable track to run on but wether its worthy for championships is debatable.

As far as inside hare is concerned I think whippets run better to inside. The scratch dogs are probably better on outside hare.

To race a whippets at Askern there are a number of possibilites, unless the trcks changed;

1) run 200m inside or outside hare

2)run 280m outside hare but out of scratch traps

3) run 280m ouside and get 6 men to move the individual traps before the whippets have completed a circuit as was first suggested :0

4)run 280m out of the shute to inside hare - which is probably the only sensible choice at this track.

Wether the change to inside will render the races a lottery only time will tell. When we ran at Perry Barr to outside hare when the rest of bend meets were to inside hare plenty of dogs didn`t chase properly.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
THE FED COULD OF BROUGHT THE BEND CHAMPS TO EASINGTON ...IT HAS A OUTSIDE HARE WHICH WOULD NOT BE CONFUSING OUR DOGS AGAIN , ALSO I REMEMBER JOE OFFERING ADDED PRISE MONEY A FEW YEARS AGO TO GET THE BEND CHAMPS THERE ...I THINK THE MOVE BACK TO A INSIDE HARE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE BY THE FED MEMBERS AND NOT JUST THE COMMITTEE

WHEN THEY MOVED FROM INSIDE TO OUT SIDE WE WERE TOLD IT WAS SAFER FOR OUR DOGS NOW WE ARE BEEN TOLD THE OPPOSITE ...HOW THAT

Just makes me glad my dog won't be running - some are pretty versatile as far as inside & outside hare goes (non of mine are blessed though) but it does seem pretty daft swapping & changing it must be confusing for dogs that can't get a run beforehand to the inside. Yeh it probably should have been put to the members to vote on but i can't ever remember being asked for my opinion as a member on anything the fed have ever done.

Anyway good luck to them running - maybe the change will throw up some different names.

I do agree that the members should have been asked about the move back to inside hare as almost most tracks are out side hares now

maybe postal voting at the fed should be brought in ...

I went to askern yesterday the track itself looked in good condition it holds the water a little bit but thats no problem [better watered than to dry].the missgivings i have with the track and especialy on championship day ,is the reliability of the hare and the site of the boxes .

At yesterdays open there was a lot of mechanical

problems with the hare we all k no w

all tracks have trouble and its part of dog racing But if the champs are being held at this track and especialy to the inside hare theirs going to have to be a lot of improvement in the next th ree weeks before the champs. My thoughts and this is my own opinion about the forth coming event either they think about moving back to the outside and running from the boxes on the far side of the track,so every dog as a fair chance ,because it was clear yesterday that a lot of dogs never got a run to the first bend and if that happens at the champs theres going to be a lot of disgumbled owners beying for somebodys head,its bad enough trying to get dogs fit to run for its title free of injurys with out having to contend with a suicdal run to the first bend out of the 280metres boxes at askern and mark my words that where most of the titles will be won and lost. Im not writing this letter to slag askern off ,Im just concerned about the dogs that run that day and every dog has a fair crack of the whip

I haven't been to asken yet , but i am schooling amazing grace at easinton for the forth coming bend champs at the moment.

If i go to asken and don't like the way the track is or the way the dogs run onto a bend i will not chance my dog getting hurt ..i heard last night that theres quite a few dogs came of lame yesterday due to bumping on the first bend ..

Come on fed committee lets hear your answers to some of the questions put forward to you on here , i know amanda and richy would be willing to help you provide us with them

;) WELL SAID JEFF I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID,

IF THE DOGS HAD A STRAIGHT TO RUN OUT OF THE BOXES THEY WOULD HAVE TIME TO JOSTLE FOR POSITION INTO THE BEND, :) JUST MY OPINION :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back