The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Availability

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

As most of you know, it's been a difficult week both for you and me   :(

The problems started a week ago when the old host just pulled the plug on K9 Community saying it was taking too much resource. There were no warnings, they just pulled the plug and refused to start it again - despite paying them lots of money.

I was already thinking about upgrading the software and putting together a new site so that prompted me to move to a different hosting company and get the new site underway. What you see now is the result of that work. In the coming weeks I will hopefully get the new pedigree database on-line both for Pedigree and non Pedigree Whippets as well as getting the chat service back etc.

Unfortunately the new hosting company were taken a bit by surprise by the amount of resource the site was taking and, yes, it happened again we broke their server last night. That's why K9 was down again from yesterday evening until this morning. I have agreed with the new host that I will rent a bigger server from them and that should be installed in 4-5 days - until that time they will try to keep the service going but don't be surprised if availability is a bit intermittent over the next few days.

To try to help ease the load on their server I am going to try to do some work tonight (Tuesday) which will require be to close the forum for an hour or so. I will try to keep the outage to a minimum and try to do it when the forums are quiet.

Thanks for your patience over the last week and let’s hope we can soon return to a reliable service.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back