The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Avalonia

pegun1

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Lanny

pleased to see that you still log on i have some pictures to show you if i have managed to work it ok that is , Ulrike sent them to me at xmas :wub:

RomOkt07404.jpg

RomOkt07409.jpg

woooohoo the blonde managed to do it :teehee:

love

Dawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi from snowbound Ottawa where we have just broken the record for the most snow in December -- ever!!! Boy I hope the snow doesn't follow me to Crufts in March... I'll be drummed out of England it I bring it with me!

So glad to hear from you and see that lovely photo. Migosh he looks atonishingly like Cdn.Ch.Avalonia Lagavulin (a daughter of Ch. Nevedith Local Lancer x Ch. Sporting Field Perfection), that they could be littermates. Lagavulin -- call name Buffy -- is getting ready to have pups (sired by our Danish import Ch. Frontrunner's Full Monty) sometime between this afternoon and tomorrow -- New Years babies we think! -- for what will be her last litter.

What is the registered name of the boy in the photos and remind me of parentage please!

I now have high speed internet so you can send me lots of photos via my gmail account (lannymorry@gmail.com)

Lanny

Avalonia said:
What is the registered name of the boy in the photos and remind me of parentage please!

Hey Dawn, this is your Nevedith Kfa Kraka son isn't it???

Lanny

:D :D :D :wub:

Hiya Lanny oooh snow not my favourite stuff heehee, nooo please dont bring it with you and yes I will send you some photo's as soon as i get some more :huggles:

Yes he is the Kraka baby i am sooo pleased that Ulrike keeps in touch and that she is happy with him, his registered name is Highnote Secret Dazzler, I am in love with him hes gorgeous :wub: :wub: i nearly lost touch with everyone because i changed internet supplier but gradually getting them all the email addresses back.

Are you excited waiting for your litter ? new year babies :wub: have you thought about their names already

hope you had a lovely xmas and best wishes for the new year :huggles: and your new babies arrival.

love

Dawn

Dawn what a stunning boy he is very handsome :wub: :wub:

[SIZE=14pt]HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU[/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

what a fantastic looking dog obviously well loved :huggles:did you breed him dawn whats his breeding :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both of you :huggles: but the real credit must go to the Newtons who's Nevedith lines i have in my dogs, this boy is in Germany and has a fantastic home with a lady who is kind enough to keep me updated on his progress which i am really grateful for its soooo nice when people do and i have made some lovely friends :wub:

Dawn

Are you excited waiting for your litter ? new year babies :wub: have you thought about their names already

love

Dawn

Hi back. Just finished letting the hordes out into the snow... lovely day to be playing, we got another 5 cms or so and so I went out to take photos of the boys and girls running in the new clean snow. Great fun!

Dawn, someone asked you the breeding of your boy, and you haven't identified the mother yet, just the fact the Dad is Ch. N. Kfa Kraka, so perhaps you should let everyone know who Mom is. And for my records I would be thrilled with DOB as I put all this in my pedigree program.

As for the litter, due imminently, we haven't actually come up with names yet... we never themed the pups of this sire litter like we do some of our other sires (Ch. N. Local Lancers pups were all named after single malt scotches, while Ch. Avalonia Wotta Jesta's pups are all named after Jazz and Blues greats, mostly of the past). We did once before have a New Years Day litter, as this looks like it will be, and we named them all after fine French champagnes. My pick of litter boy is Avalonia Dom Perignon and he is like the finest of that champagne, just so exceptional. I am on my way out shortly to pick up some good champagne to go with my New Years Nova Scotia smoked salmon -- a ritual I can enjoy once we have the pups on the ground.

I shall keep you posted. Hope you noted my email address above. The old one went when we closed down the dial up service -- I am so thrilled with high speed!

Have a Great New Year celebration one and all and I do hope to meet many K9ers at Crufts in March. This will be my first time since I was there in 1977 (watching Carmodian Black Knight go BOB... though I was actually there to watch collies... awful hairy things I had to groom for too many years, which is why I moved over to whippets ultimately. My Mum showed and bred them in the very distant past!).

Lanny

Hi Again :D

Dans breeding is Ch Nevedith Kfa Kraka X Phoenix Chinadoll (Rosie)

D.O.B 13/11/2006

I bred Rosie she was out of my first litter :wub:

I also kept a girl from Rosie & kraka she isn't as matured as Dan i will get you some photo's for you soon, I am not good at stacking but you will get a general idea at what she like.

Hi Dawn and Lanny,

I am still alive....and found back my username for K9 :)

We had lots of snow, no, not in Germany, in Belgrade/Serbia, then ice rain and now it is melting and a bit warmer.

Dan looks great, I think he will have a bright future and I am planning tu use him for his halfsister, Nevedith Mfa Maria, for a litter. These two dogs fit perfectly together and both are incredible nice movers !

Dawn. lots of :huggles: and a big THANK YOU that you let Dan go to me !!!

And great to have your, Lanny, new e-mail adress, because my christmas greetings came back :(

Ulrike, Emil and the gang

And great to have your, Lanny, new e-mail adress, because my christmas greetings came back :(

Ulrike, Emil and the gang

Hi Ulrike, greetings from the wonders of a Canadian winter! First we had a record amount of snow EVER for the month of December, so bad I almost missed Christmas at my folks place (kind of important I be there since I was the cook as my parents are really aged -- 88 and 90), my birthday (the 28th) and I actually did miss New Years with my family because of a blizzard that dumped 30 cms of snow in our driveway -- not worth risking a 50 km each way trip to a party in that with dogs at home waiting to go out and be fed etc.

And now, all of a sudden we are into a huge January thaw and my property is a lake from the warm temperatures and rapid melting. I figure by later this afternoon the 150 cms of snow we had on the ground will be gone entirely. Fortunately we don't flood, but we live across the road from the Rideau River and Canals, declared a World Heritage Site in 2007, and my unfortunate neighbours there have apparently spent all night up tending their sump pumps and at least in one instance bailing out their basements to keep the water from filling their houses. You have to wonder why builders would put houses with below ground level basements on land beside a waterway controlled by a series of 200 year old locks, knowing the potential for flooding. Thank heavens it isn't me!

It is always a bit disconcerting to lose an email address, but when the opportunity final came to get off dial-up -- a bane in the existence of any one who lives rurally here in Canada -- and get high speed acess -- you have to go for it, so I did.

Ulrike, I have heard there are changes in your life and you may be moving this year to western Europe? Do keep me posted.

As you see, we have a small litter on the ground now that are growing beautifully -- it started as five but sadly one was very small and not well developed and we lost her on day two. After having only one litter in 2007 and that just 5 pups, we are now waiting for what will be our other litter for 2008 due at the end of this month.

Dam of the litter is Eng.Cdn.Ch. Nevedith Ceefa Ceely (Eng.Aust.NZCh. Nevedith Rare Rogue x Eng.Ch. Nevedith Justa Jenie) and sire is Cdn.Ch. Avalonia Edradour (Cdn.Ch. Nevedith Local Lancer x Cdn.Ch. Avalonia Barbados -- she is a daughter of one of our boys from Fin.Swed.Cdn.Ch. Scheik's Ardbeg Avalonia and her dam side is American with Bohem American Graffiti, Starline Reign On and Sporting Field Kinsman as grandparents/ggrandparents).

I think this may be the only litter in the world that can claim 4 of Nevedith's famous double J litter in a 5 generation pedigree with N. Justa Jesta twice, Justa Joy twice, Justa Jenie and Justa Joker once. And that of course also means a huge amount of Pencloe Dutch Gold and Nutshell of Nevedith in the pedigree.

When the dogs don't keep us busy our expanding garden -- now 2 acres of daylilies, keeps us going. Both myself and my son Mick are actively hybridizing and registering plants. Go have a peek at our Garden of the Week site and see what you think:

http://www.abacom.com/chacha/LannyMorry/index.html

Lanny

wow Lanny, your garden looks gorgeous :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:

Awww i am grinning from ear to ear i am so pleased that you are both back on here :huggles:

Looks like you have been extra busy Lanny :D gorgeous flowers by the way :thumbsup:

Ulrike where are you moving to ? Dan is looking good and i think that you will get a nice litter from your planned mating, I am planning on putting Dan's sister to her Grandad but she hasn't matured enough just yet and i will be keeping one back this time for myself :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to seeing pics of you new babies Lanny

Dawn

ps will get a picture of Dans sister on here soon i have been extra busy lately so havent had time :(

Dawn

Hey Ulrike just re-read this post :- " when i said the blonde managed to do it i was referring to me being dumb at putting pictures on here :b just realised you are blonde too but you got my share of the brains :teehee: my half a cell only works when it wants to. :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back