The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B.W.R.A. championship testing

john m

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It appears that once again someone has tried to buck the system and failed, no doubt in the course of time you will hear who.

It would be wrong of me to tell when all we hear are rumours, to some it will be a shock and to others it will come as no suprise at all.

Surely you would have thought that people will now know that you cannot get away with it, but it doesn't appear that all can learn.

My view on "trying to buck the system & failing" depends on what actually showed up in the test? Does anyone know what the drug was & more importantly if it was a proven performance enhancer unlike chocolate?

Last edited by a moderator:
IN MY OPINION THE I WOULDNT TRUST THE DRUG TESTING SYSTEM ALSO I WOULDNT PUT IT PAST ANYONE TO GIVE MY DOG SOMTHING AND I THINK ITS SAD THAT YOU CANT TRUST ANYONE AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW AT SCOTLAND MY DOG WAS LEFT IN THE AWNING AND TO MY SUPRISE SIMPSON WAS GIVEN SOME PEANUTS I WAS SHOCKED AND AMAZED THAT SOMEBODY WOULD DO SUCH A THING AND I THINK IT IS SAD WE CANNOT TRUST OUR FELLOW RACERS I KNEW MY DOG HAD BEEN GIVEN THESE BECAUSE HE WAS SICK AND THEY WAS STILL IN HIS SICK LUCKY FOR US HE WAS OR IF THESE HAD STAYED IN HIS SYSTEM COULD HAVE CAUSED HIM GREAT DAMAGE BUT IF SOMEBODY CAN GIVE A DOG PEANUTS WHAT ELSE CAN THEY GIVE A DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be interesting to see if those involved get treated the same way as those who have tested positive in the past and wether those who have publicly defended the drug testing regime and the banning of racers will stand by their "principles" in this case.

WHAT ASTONISHERS ME IS HOW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS UNTIL A MEETING HAS BEEN HELD WITH THE BWRA AND THE OWNERS OF THE DOG NOBODY SHOULD KNOW SO THE BWRA SHOULD BE LOOKING AT THIS OR HOW IT HAS GOT OUT.

NOT ONLY THAT BUT AS VICKY SAID WHAT HAPPENS IF THE LEVELS WAS UNDER THE GUIDELINES FOR BWRA SHOULD IT HAVE EVEN COME BACK A POSITIVE TEST.OR EVEN WORSE WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE PEOPLE DIDNT EVEN GIVE THIS DOG ANYTHING AND IT STILL CAME BACK POSITIVE AS I SAID EARLIER US MORE THAN ANYONE KNOWS THIS CAN HAPPEN.

MANDA

THE LAST LAST POST WAS FROM ME AS WELL.

Not saying that the people who have showed positive now actually did give their dogs anything, like you say there is proof that other people are purposely tampering with other people's dogs - but doesn't this just back up the case of dogs picking up tablets / kiddies sweets etc in the house? This is what other people have been banned for in the past!!

I WONDER IF THE PERSON OR PERSONS INVOLVED WILL BE ALLOWED TO RUN IN THE :0 N.W.R.F.BEND CHAMPS ;) :0

YEH I AGREE WITH YOU THERE VICKY I MYSELF HAVE 4 CHILDREN AND USUALLY MY DOGS ARE OUTSIDE IN KENNELS BUT DUE TO THE GHD BREAKING HAVE GOT ONE OF MY DOGS IN THE HOUSE AND YOU DO NEED EYES IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD BUT IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE AND A DOGS SAMPLE HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH OR THE DOG HAS BEEN GIVEN SOMETHING THEN THIS IS A DISCRACE AND IF YOU CANT TRUST THE PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE RACING WITH THEN WHATS THE POINT. ALSO FOR PEOPLE WHO DO GIVE THE DOGS SOMETHING I CANT SEE WHAT PLEASURE THEY CAN GET OUT OF THERE DOG WINNING BECAUSE I KNOW IT WOULDNT GIVE ME ANY PLEASURE.

MANDA

Unless you have your dog with you at all times or have them vidoe'd when your not there then there's no way you can prove that it wasn't you that gave the dog whatever has shown up. Most people will think "likely story" unless they know you well.

Maybe the shake up of drug testing which has been a long time coming is about to happen?

Anyone know what substances & what levels have shown up - failing a bwra test means nothing (as said before people can fail for non performance enhancing substances) but the substance & quantity is everything!

its not just the bwra who have had leaked information about who's failed drug tests.......people knew about batesons failed test before batesons did (inc myself) and they failed with the nwrf.

Committee members leaking info about drug tests will never be stopped - the only way would be for the people at the labs to send the positive testing letters out direct to the owner & the bwra on the same day!!!!

I agree that the owners of the dog testing positive should be the first to know. When Batesons Little Madam tested positive with NWRF we knew before they did via Stockton and East Midlands so it seems both the BWRA and NWRF need to look at how the information is handled. I believe that all test results should be sent to the owner of the dog and the ruling body at the same time.

Does the NWRF automaticaly ban racers who fail BWRA drug tests?

GOOD QUESTION THERE TONY BUT I CANT SEE IT AS BWRA WILL NOT BAN ANYONE WHO IS FOUND GUILTY ON FROM THE NWRF.

first off, no one knows the levels of any tests yet .....the bwra is not zero tolerence like the fed . ??? .so what is all the crap about the bwra being untrustworthy yet again,how do we know that the persons who have failed did not know before the shit hit the fan ,,,

i will stick to what i said before anyone using any enhancing drugs should be banned , all the talk over chocalate is a load of crap come on wake up these guys at the labs know whats what.,,, if anyone does not trust the bwra its simple dont race at the events and letts see where our beloved sport ends up.. isnt it bad enough allready compered to 4 or 5 years ago the way in wich numbers have declined ..... maybe we need to look a little closer to home to see why the sport is going down the pan .my wife was one of the members asked to take tests plastic gloves and all....as far as the baitsons ban ,this had nothing to do with the bwra ???

Perhaps those using drugs or considering using them should take a leaf out of our young son Harry's book. He as just set off at 8-30am this Sunday morning on his bike with one of our whippets on a 12 mile ride because he wants to do well at the forthcoming events.

How many 13 year olds would do this off their own bat?

And these such as Harry and like are the ones that are being cheated.

Karen

No one has said the BWRA are untrustworthy. As to wether we can trust the drug testing I think that we can be sure that the laboratorys process the samples correctly and the results returned are accurate and honest. Ritchie has reason to mistrust other racers as he believes his dog was deliberatly given something to prevent it running; past experience will lead anyone who has raced long enough to know that not all racers can be trusted which is why many are unhappy with other racers doing the tests and being responsible for the chain of custody of the sample.

I think that most racers believe that those people abusing their dogs by giving them performance enhancing drugs should be punished. Those that have blind faith in the BWRA and NWRF being correct and the Soceity of Greyhound vetinarians et al being wrong are unlikely to be persuaded differently.This debate has been carried out previously with no evidence to show those previously banned had used performance enhancing drugs. The labs have never to my knowledge been asked as to the source of the positives in the sample or wether they are performance enhancing and no-one has produced any evidence that they have suggested that those banned were cheating even though the chairman of the BWRA has been asked this by journalists but refused to answer.

A vote was carried out at a BWRA meeting at Kinsley and zero tolerance was passed - I was there. The committee may have changed its mind since.

The NWRF is zero tolerance and it would be ironic if they were not banned by the BWRA but would have been banned if the test was done by the NWRF.

The Batesons ban was by the NWRF and so was nothing to do with the BWRA but is still a good example of test results leaking out by senior committee menbers, and given the nature of the current positive tests the case is topical.

Last edited by a moderator:
i get the picture from a few people on here that they are sayin that my dad and paul are DODGY?????

dont lett it bother you andy ;) i think karens hit the nail on the head...........

im not gaz honest just dont like people slagging paul off cos i no how much work he puts in wat other people dont have a clue about and same with my dad hes been on the phone earlier and theres a gud turnout todat at melton with bout 80 :p dogs.

being down south this is the first anyone has heard of the results from fordingbride

club. if this is a leak then it is sad to hear this way. we knew somthing was up by the amount of time the results have taken. i myself have faith in the committee and belive they have done every thing by the book. we all know the rules on drugs so no one has and excuse.

just ask all the people who have passed.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back