The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B.W.R.A. championship testing

bwra is not zero tolerence ,but the fed is ,isnt this the trouble with drug testing ,letts wait and see the outcome .if you were tested at the fed wich i have been twice both passed on zero by the way, and the test came back possitive no matter what the levels you are banned. im not sure what level the bwra allow so cant comment on it all those banned from bwra were tested over 7 percent i think but not sure .... . and whoever the person is, who has failed, must not be delt wiyh any different to any one else ...........

I had it in my head that BWRA started with a tolerance level but had since changed to zero tolerance, i had someone agree & someone tell me otherwise on saturday...... Can anyone give any information to say which is true ie which whippet news it was reported in, so that i can read up?

Surely now if your banned by both bodies once failing a test then they both have the same tolerance level?

Can someone please enlighten me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Below 8% at the B.W.R.A. is a leg slap and a warning to your future conduct, above is an automatic 1year ban. Fed have said that anyone found guilty of above zero tolerence at the bwra will also be banned by the fed, the bwra is not pro rata as they do not have zero tolerance.

Whatever the outcome of this present debacle i should think that if you are on a family ticket, then it will effect all in the family. Being that if a positive report of any kind will mean an auto ban of two years for those members of that family who also hold cards at the fed. we will see if a positive report has been given and all that goes with it acted on.

AS MAY WELL KNOW BY NOW IT WAS VON N TONY WHOS TEST CAME BACK POSITIVE SHE ASKED ME TO PUT THE REPORT THAT CAME BACK FROM THE BWRA AND THE TESTING LAB ON K9 BUT FOR SOME REASON I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET IT ON,SO IM JUST GOING TO SAY A FEW WORDS AND IF ANYONE WANTS A COPY CONTACT VON N TONY WHO WILL LET YOU SEE ONE OR SEND ME A EMAIL AND I WILL EMAIL ONE TO YOU.

IN THE REPORT IT SAYS THE LAB RECIEVED SAMPLES ON 22ND OF AUGUST AND HELLBOUND DIDNT RUN TILL 23RD AUGUST (FUNNY DONT YOU THINK)ALSO IT SAYS THAT RECIEVED SAMPLES OF URINE BLOOD AND FEED AND ONLY ONE SAMPLE WAS SENT WHICH WAS URINE.

ALSO THE LEVELS WAS UNDER THE AMOUNT WHICH IS ALLOWED FOR BWRA SO SHOULD HAVE COME BACK NEGATIVE.

THE AMOUNTS FOUND WAS

CAFFEINE - 3.4MICROGRAM

THEOBROMINE - 1.0MICROGRAM

THEOPHYLLINE - 1.7MICROGRAM

WHEN I LOOKED AT THE REPORT THERE WAS A FEW THINGS THAT DIDNT SEEM TO ADD UP BUT I WILL LET YOU MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS UP BY SEEING THE REPORT,VON AND TONY JUST WANTED ME TO PUT THIS ON SEEING AS EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT IT ON HERE AND VON AND TONY HAVE NOT GOT USE OF A PC .

The letter i have just dug out says the following:

The levels of acceptance of caffeine and it's derivitives are set at:

under 8% - acceptable

8% to 10% - written warning & loss of Rch title

over 10% - 1 year ban & loss of Rch title

any 2nd offence will carry out further bans.

So has this been classed as a positive test? What are the consequences?

From the levels stated on the drug test it seems that they will only get a warning.

The real stinger is that technically because it was above zero level, tony and yvonne will have to ban themselves from the fed for 2 yrs.

Thankyou for that information Ritchie, typing on report may have been wrong, but was the test number on the bottle the same as the test number on the report, i think you will find that they were both the same number, but if they were not, then you have a gripe.

debbie here, i have just asked amanda for the report and think everyone who have already passed judgement on tony and yvonne should read it and apologise to the couple involved. the levels are well below 8% so there for SHOULD NOT BE A POSITIVE TEST, it also shows you that the lab tested BLOOD URINE AND FEED THIS IS NOT SO ONLY URINE WAS TESTED, AND IT SAYS THAT THE TEST WAS RECEIVED ON THE 22ND OF AUGEST HELLBOUND DID NOT RUN UNTIL 23RD AUG, SO on these facts the test is not positive and like i said apologies regarding some peoples remarks should be made. ANYONE IN DOUBT ASK AMANDA FOR THE REPORTS. PS HELLBOUND WAS TESTED 5 TIMES ALL WERE CLEAR, ALSO HELLBOUND HAS WON 5 BWRA TITLES AND ONLY 3 FED SO IF THEY WERE CHEATING DONT YOU THINK IT WOULD BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND ???

The lab report does look to be way up the wall, chances are the test result is still right (still only small amounts) but you'd think with something so serious the lab woudl at least get the information right.

if the levels shown are correct then its a slap on the wrist isnt this fairer than zero tollerence ???

Peter here,

well the guns been loaded the bullets have been fired casuaties laid upon the track, once again members seem, to take great pleasure in others miss fortune, even when there is no possitive proof of wrong doing. if the facts i have been given about the dates and samples taken are correct then tony and yvonne have been slandered and malisiously treated by fellow racers. when are we ever going to learn inocent until proven guilty? in my opinion the descrepencys in the report leave no other decision in my mind that hellbound was not drugged!!!!

too many rumors not enough facts ???makes you wonder is testing a good thing or bad, like pete says innocent till proven guilty..........

i am just getting back into the sport but on reading these reports im beging to wonder why i agree with jade people are finding these people guilty before the full truth comes out . dont get me wrong i dont condone cheats if guilty they must face the music but there is people out there wanting to hang them before a trial :angry:

SOMEBODY ASKED FOR SOME INFO SORRY CANT REMEMBER WHO.

DECEMBER WHIPPET NEWS 2000 PAGE 11 NWRF PROPOSED TO BWRA THAT ANYONE FOUND WITH A POSITIVE TEST FROM THE BWRA WOULD BE BANNED BY NWRF AND VICE VERSA THE BWRA SAID THIS WAS NOT WORKABLE AND SO WAS NEVER PASSED.

Firstly, for those who don`t know, I am opposed to the drug testing procedures carried out by the BWRA and NWRF.

The drug test results are likely to belong to Hellbound but as far as I`m concerned it makes little difference to me wether it does or not since I don`t believe the compounds found are performance enhancing at these levels.

From the levels of the methyxanthines stated in the report it is unlikely that this positive is the result of chocolate - whatever was the cause of this positive test it would appear to be something else as caffine was the highest level and not theobromine as is typical of chocolate ingestion.

Caffine is far more potent than theobromine as a stimulant. A urine level of 3.4 micrograms means a higher level of methyxanthine stimulation/intoxication than 12micrograms of theobromine - which would lead to an automatic ban.

Zero tolerance is just plain stupid as far as methyxanthines are concerened but the NWRF operate a zero tolerance regime and stated they would ban anyone testing positive with the BWRA. The BWRA in a moment of common sense decided that this was unworkable

It would appear that they have been treated the same as other racers in that the report was leaked. Who leaked the report and the reasons for doing so ought to be of interest to those involved. It would be hypocritical of those who have suffered this leak to claim the moral highground since it would appear they have leaked against other racers in a similar fashion.

The test results are not a positive; but then the NWRF has banned racers on the basis of results that the testing laboratory have stated were not positive, using procedures that would not stand up in court, and so it would be hypocritical of those involved to invoke this as a reason for no action.

I was under the impression the BWRA was also zero tolerance but will accept others statements to the contrary and as such Hellbound and its owners would not be banned which is entirely reasonable in any case. I believe that no action should be taken in these cases of low dose methyxanthines (especially theobromine). It would appear to be hypocritical of the owners of Hellbound to continue to race if these levels of methylxanthines are correct having banned other racers for the same levels themselves.

A second confirmation test is to be carried out on the sample and it appears the BWRA is to fund this ( unless someone knows different) There is precedent for this as Xstacy had a second confirmation test with the BWRA. The NWRF do not pay for this second test which is expensive and all the others who have proved positive with the BWRA have not had the benefit of a second test - which does lok like special treatment . If Hellbounds owners have paid for this themselves then this should be made public. BWRA members should be told were there funds are being spent.

Wether those that have crtised Yvonne and Tony owe them an apology for their critisism time and second test results will tell. I don`t think the levels on the report are performance enhancing and the levels are so low as to make deliberate administration less likely but the source is more suspicous than that of those previously banned.

As for their own treatment of fellow racers in the past, then perhaps these current events may make them think again and perhaps they have some apologising themselves to do.

can anyone tell me wot i can give my dogs 7% caffine so that i dont fall a drug test

but gives my dog a boost, as this is a category A drug.

Zero or nothing this is a joke.

This makes the FEDS a sham.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back