The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B.W.R.A. championship testing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Category A drugs

These drugs have no therapeutic indication for racing grayhounds in work and should there for not be present in a racing grayhounds system.

I was one of the shocked category .

How many people have now lost faith in the FEDS.

I for one now how hard these two work for whippet racing and like them as a couple.

mark, debbie here, why do you think that the fed is a sham and why would you think that people have lost faith in the fed? i for one dont see any proven material as to why people should think this way. i have NOT lost faith in the fed there is nothing to prove to me otherwise, they have not done anything wrong have they? it just goes to show that a stigma once attached wether right or wrong will stay with them and this is a shame, the dog has been tested 5 times CLEAR more titles with BWRA than fed i think people should use thier common sense, the facts are there for you to see.

it just goes to show that a stigma once attached wether right or wrong will stay with them and this is a shame
This is exactly the case with everyone else who have had positive testing results (most have felt the need to give up the sport they love because of the snide remarks at the track). This case is a little different because of the very small amounts shown but as Tony says the caffeine qty being double that of theobromine suggests something other than chocolate, yet still doesn't look enough (IMO) to enhance the dogs performance.

Whilst on the subject of dogs with previous clear results, as much as it doesn't mean "once clear always clear" - Xstacy was also proven clear at at least one event (unpublicised) & just look at the stigma people have attached to her & her owners after one failed test from small qty's of theobromine? In my opinion she's a once in a lifetime animal & doesn't need / hasn't had the use of performance enhancers but yet it's easier for people who have been beaten by her to think this way!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HI MANDA HERE I AGREE WITH YOU THERE DEB I FOR ONE HAVE NOT LOST FAITH IN THE FED I THINK IF I HAD TO PICK ONE BETWEEN IRG THE BWRA AND THE FED I WOULD SAY I HAVE MORE FAITH IN THE FED NO OFFENCE TO THE IRG OR BWRA.

I ALSO AGREE WITH YOU TONY THAT I THINK THEY SHOULD BE TESTING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT REALLY IS A PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG. :D

I think that everyone should have a second chance, if you fall a test once you should not be band, there are innocent people who have been. Zero tolarance should be the norm. if you do not pass a test your title should be taken away and given to the runner up. if one of your dogs ever wins again you should be automaticlly tested.

As for losing faith in the FEDS please practice wot you preach Zero Tolarance.

As for the dates being wrong leagle clap trap.

I still think tony and yvonne are two of the nicest people in dog racing and i hope we stay friends.

Referring to the reply i put on K9 on 15th sept.

I over reacted to all the rumours which were circulating at Melton on Sunday.

I should not have judged Evonne & Tony until the true facts are known.

If they are innocent i owe them an apology.[i hope that they are innocent]

Fair play John with your apology, it is easy when you feel so strong about your sport, to get carried away and say things that you would not normally say when calm and time to weigh up the facts. Also in responce to Marks statement that only zero will work, this is exactly why we have the problems with the test results. It has been stated in several reports over the last year or two, that dogs will produce certain levels of thse substances in there own body system. So how zero can ever work is beyond me.

last post was by peter not jade, I feel we need this testing sorted out once and forall at the next AGM as it is killing the very sport we all love.

ure hit the nail on the head there peter hope it can get sorted out for the sports sake, and hope me dad doesnt have to work 2 hard over it,

hey i agree we do need it sorting out but no matter what way we go you are all ways going to get people having a moan if the level is at 6 or 8%there say who ever is winning at the time there at it and if its zero then then people are going to say its not fair, but i think it should be voted on and both bodies agree on the same levels that way your not going to get but nwrf or bwra are on etc etc they must be the same :c

Now Tony, Wouldn't that be in an ideal world, Utopia in the whippet racing world ey, does that mean that we will have to consider running under one group, because that is the only way to get an agreement, and that wouldn't suit everyone.

I TOTAL AGREE WITH TONY BOTH BODYS NEED TO BE THE SAME ON THIS MATTER

OTHER WISE WERE DRIVING A NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF OUR SPORT.

TO FEW DOGS TO MUCH ARGUING.

have to agree with Mark...too few dogs, too much bickering, too little comradry etc..And I've only owned a whippet for a year...

Paul

too true mark, to much arguing and moaning ??? the sport is changing rapidly over last 4 years or so :( we need to get back to what its meant to be about ...

the main worrying point is that the 'young' people (me, andy ect) who might want to get our own dog and run it, are thinking twice because of all the uproar and unfriendly rivalry with everyone in the sport.

i think its driving the future generation away because of all the things that go on.

i can remember years ago when i must have only been 8-9 (DAMIAN!! :p ) and everyone on the track used to congratulate the winners and things like that, there would have always been a good atmoshere and you could talk to anyone.

but now there is alot of pressure and less of the good spirit that was around those years ago.

it seems pathetic that when somone loses there is ALWAYS somthing wrong with their dog or that the race wasn't fair to them ect. (fair enough i understand there are alot of injurys and dogs being seeded on the wrong sides ect :) )

but what happened to getting beat by the better dog? people should be gracious in defeat as at the end of the day....isn't it supposed to be fun?

i just hope for the futures sake things can be sorted out. in 10years time where will the sport be?

Well i suppose i should have my say too

I agree that 6 to 8% its a fair level as most whippets live in the house and are the best thief's i have ever seen , i find it hard to watch my lot especially if your cutting them down a little to make sure they hold there right weigh etc

I do agree that the FED should take a good look at the zero tolerance levels, as the recent test that came back via the BWRA just proves that zero is an unthinkable level to have...most of the labs i think will know the differences between a little chocolate and preforming enhances

Maybe a fed members meeting would help to improve on future decisions , also i would like to see drug testing paper work thats back from testing labs published in the whippet news, as many have heard and said (thats if they go off)

I understand that the taking of test at meetings might result in only a few been send off and tested due to the expense , but do agree that testing stops unwanted cheating

Maybe instead of all the back stabbing and moaning about our sport we should all be able to have our say in trying to improve the future of our sport

I have watched the BWRA and FED start to cater for the younger ones ..with fishing and drawing competitions , Junior sports days etc ..and i have seen how well this has gone down ..well done

that is what they need junior sports but u never get people helpin out to run these its just the same old few who do it week in week out

yes i total agree ..but hey who learnt you all to drink? see gaz did his bit ...shhhhhh i hope porkys not listening

Some posts moved to the Chit Chat Zone because they were off topic.

Please ensure your posts comply with the posting rules.

Thanks

i agree with denise about the fed changing the levels to comply with both bodies as i said in one of my posts but something that did come to mind and i would like to hear a few comments on this at big opens where testing is to be done and as we know not all can be done as too costs why not at the end put the names in a hat and draw them so as people cannot say they are after me i know this is done now pulling names out of the hat but if its done there and then in front of all it will save all the arguing now on this note everyone well you guys that like a bit of boxing im of to the rickey hatton fight on friday and back on sunday so this will be a wet weekend for me p.s. now told front row seats mite try and pick a few tips up for mine and mister farmers next drive out in the country as you know we were rescentley trainee puch bags lol :D :D :p :c

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back