The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B.w.r.a Championship Venue

S. Rodgers

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It has been decided by the committee that the B.W.R.A straight championships for 2007 will be held at Worcester W.R.C. on Sat 25th and Sun 26th August. Members of the committee have found a caravan site fairly close to the track that is willing to cater for us whippet racers as long as all site rules are strictly adhered to i.e. Dogs to be kept on leads at all times, and all dog mess cleaned up. The site has its own pub, bar times 11am - to 12.30 pm with an half a hour drinking up time. It has a dining room and beer garden and a beer tent has been offered. Meals Fri-sat 6pm to 9.30pm, a sunday roast can be pre-booked for sunday night at £5.25 per head Breakast sat and sun 8am-12 noon. Extra showers and toilets have been ordered to cater for our needs, the site also has its own launderette. The committee has negotiated a block booking price of £8.00 per caravan per night and £5.00 per nite per tent, there is also 6 rooms to rent that are basically furnished at £20.00 per night. SITE ADDRESS- Mr J R Parker- The Wharf Inn, Holt Fleet, Holt Heath Worcestershire WR6 6NN phone- 01905 620289- fax 01905 620140 Map Reference 150/825634. When arriving at site go to pub ask for Jim Parker, give reference as whippets and pay him for the amount of time you are staying on site. DIRECTIONS-From A449 at Ombersley,6miles north of junction 6, M5 take A4133 in direction of Tenbury Wells, after 1 mile site is on the left just before River Bridge.

T. COOPER

B.W.R.A. CHAIRMAN ON BEHALF OF THE B.W.R.A. COMMITTEE

B.W.R.A. CHAIRMAN ON BEHALF OF THE B.W.R.A

S. Rodgers said:
It has been decided by the committee that the B.W.R.A straight championships for 2007 will be held at Worcester W.R.C. on Sat 25th and Sun 26th August. Members of the committee have found a caravan site fairly close to the track that is willing to cater for us whippet racers as long as all site rules are strictly adhered to i.e. Dogs to be kept on leads at all times, and all dog mess cleaned up. The site has its own pub, bar times 11am - to 12.30 pm with an half a hour drinking up time. It has a dining room and beer garden and a beer tent has been offered. Meals Fri-sat 6pm to 9.30pm, a sunday roast can be pre-booked for sunday night at £5.25 per head  Breakast sat and sun 8am-12 noon. Extra showers and toilets have been ordered to cater for our needs, the site also has its own launderette. The committee has negotiated a block booking price of £8.00 per caravan per night and £5.00 per nite per tent, there is also 6 rooms to rent that are basically furnished at £20.00 per night. SITE ADDRESS- Mr J R Parker- The Wharf Inn, Holt Fleet, Holt Heath Worcestershire WR6 6NN phone- 01905 620289- fax 01905 620140  Map Reference 150/825634. When arriving at site go to pub ask for Jim Parker, give reference as whippets and pay him for the amount of time you are staying on site.    DIRECTIONS-From A449 at Ombersley,6miles north of junction 6, M5 take A4133 in direction of Tenbury Wells, after 1 mile site is on the left just before River Bridge.                            T. COOPER

B.W.R.A. CHAIRMAN  ON BEHALF OF THE B.W.R.A. COMMITTEE

B.W.R.A. CHAIRMAN ON BEHALF OF THE B.W.R.A

SORRY ABOUT THE LAST BIT RUSHING TO GET IT ON HERE

just pohned to book a room only bunk bed rooms do we need to pree book early for caravans sue

just tryed to book caravan but they said sorry we are fully booked so it looks like no champs for us this year :angry:

Gary i think the lady is getting it wrong, as the site has been fully booked for the bwra, so there for it would be fully booked, thats y there not taking any private bookings sue

mutley said:
just tryed to book caravan but they said sorry we are fully booked so it looks like no champs for us this year :angry:
Ive just phoned and booked our caravan in no problem, Jim was very helpfull

Last edited by a moderator:
misunderstanding sue got booked thanks :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me if there will be toilets at the track including a disabled loo. And will the track be waterd as I dont remember there being a water supply near the track

:cheers:

:thumbsup: well done the committee for all the hard work put into finding a great track and camping :cheers:

well done the commitee on sorting camping :thumbsup: hope this stops all negative comments about chps :D could you tell me which days are which for dogs bitches vets and scratch please some one ?

how many people are the rooms for ?????

dont fancy towing the caravan right down there

Last edited by a moderator:
Two rooms booked - seems we will be at this years champs :D

ahorsnall said:
well done the commitee on sorting camping :thumbsup: hope this stops all negative comments about chps :D could you tell me which days are which for dogs bitches vets and scratch please some one ?

dogs and scratch saturday bitches and vets sunday

ahorsnall said:
Nowt negative in my posts Chris, just thought that a venue which could accomadate caravans would have been more conveninent :wacko:

Just my opinion.

But if your only going for the day no problems :thumbsup:

Said 2 miles on the information sheet we were all giving yesterday. Took me a while to get through but got there in the end thanks to deb for the use of her phone. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back