The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B.w.r.a Championship Venue

To all the folks who's going to the champs with your caravans, please make sure you've got the correct vehicle for towing it (w00t)

i seen caravan goin across feild like that last year at scotland :D

The top table should be listen to there members wishes not just making decisions like these :blink: the poll is evidence enough of what the majority wanted , as for the gin pit track it would of been sorted for the weekend :thumbsup: ive been to Worcester track in July and its like running your dog on the car park theres no moister in that track lets hope its getting watered from now till then :oops: 40th anniversary and if you lucky enough to win you will be given a trophy with no atmosphere

[SIZE=21pt]TAKE THE CHAMPS TO GIN PIT FREE CAMPING AND A CLUB HOUSE :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

To be fair the poll is not the majority of the BWRA members not ALL BWRA members are k9 members it may be an indication from some of the members (72 was it) which venue they would have preferred.

BWRA MEMBER said:
The top table should be listen to there members wishes not just making decisions like these  :blink:   the poll is evidence enough of what the majority wanted , as for the gin pit track it would of been sorted for the weekend  :thumbsup: ive been to Worcester track in July and its like running your dog on the car park theres no moister in that track lets hope its getting watered from now till then  :oops:   40th anniversary and if you lucky enough to win you will be given a trophy with no atmosphere
[SIZE=21pt]TAKE THE CHAMPS TO GIN PIT FREE CAMPING AND A CLUB HOUSE  :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

WHY DONT YOU USE YOUR REAL NAME, DIDNT THINK SO

sadieandco said:
To be fair the poll is not the majority of the BWRA members not ALL BWRA members are k9 members it may be an indication from some of the members (72 was it)  which venue they would have preferred.
How many BWRA members are there?

come on just make the best of what we have venues are getting fewer these days :(

My Opinion so hope some members don't take offense as they have with other peoples posts in this topic.

I honestly thought AT Miners would have got the champs weekend...why because it had all that we needed ...free camping ,large club house , club members & there council willing to provide all the work the track & venue needed ...plus its a affiliated bwra club and some of the money spent over the weekend would of gone back into the clubs funds ie raffle ect....

I don't think dogs could be left unattended in caravans at the site in Worcester, but do know off someone who's been this week to to camp site that is beautiful and theres also good meals, laundrette, pub and a beer tent in use for the weekend

Why then was a & t refused? :wacko:

Jayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats obviously spreading on the grape vine in the North East then and hasn't yet filtered it's way down to the club it concerns and something the BWRA Committee failed to tell us. From what i gather it was something to do with the 51yd run off not being long enough. We stated we would roll the track every other weekend from now until champs, so the "track not being in good nick" to me isn't a good enough excuse to refuse us. We however can't make the run off expand in the 3 months we would have had so that to me seems more of an obvious reason. It would be nice for whoever said the track was in crap nick to let us all at the track know instead of spreading word behind our back, at least then we could do something about it.

Really doesn't bother me at all it being at Worcester, have always said i like the track, if well watered it will be a top class champs venue. We may travel both days or book somewhere near the track - i won't be risking leaving my dogs unattended on any caravan site though no matter how good the restaurant / bar / launderette is.

I would just like to add that I would strongly encourage whippet racers to judge for themselves the condition of our track when we have our open weekend there. I for one would be very angry if rumours and hearsay put people off attending. :rant:

I have to stay at home with our old girls 10 and 16 years. Please everyone make sure you know the new animal wellfare act before you go any where.

Dogs can not be left unattended in a car or caravan no matter where you are. Thay will not allow dogs to be left at the campsite on there own. Your car window can now be broken to get to dog suffering from stress or the heat without calling the police. No dog can travell now without a proper harness or the right size travelling cage.

Thats just afew bits from the new welfare laws. And the penalties for breaking these are very high.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back