The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B.w.r.a Championship Venue

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Tony Taylor said:
I guess the BWRA think the caravan money is better going to a 3rd party rather than the members via the BWRA bank account.
Interesting that ex NWRF committee members seem less interested in finding a venue with camping/caravaning now the money doesn't go to the beer fund  :oops:   sorry NWRF "expenses"

the bwra caravan money never went to the bwra member via the bank account it went to the VENUE they may have recieved a % if they came to such an agreement with the venue holding the champs,

Last edited by a moderator:
just got to make good of what we have got not ideal for some people but thats dog racing PS JUST HEARD GAZ BAILEY GIVING AWAY FREE SALT N VINAGAR CRISPS AWAY AT TRACK SIDE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hellbound said:
Tony Taylor said:
I guess the BWRA think the caravan money is better going to a 3rd party rather than the members via the BWRA bank account.
Interesting that ex NWRF committee members seem less interested in finding a venue with camping/caravaning now the money doesn't go to the beer fund  :oops:   sorry NWRF "expenses"

the bwra caravan money never went to the bwra member via the bank account it went to the VENUE they may have recieved a % if they came to such an agreement with the venue holding the champs,

theres been no trouble in here for a while now that is until ..........someone lifted a rock up f...k biting my lip why dont you say somethig positive or nothing at all:rant: :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
maz40 said:
just got to make good of what we have got not ideal for some people but thats dog racing PS JUST HEARD GAZ BAILEY GIVING AWAY FREE SALT N VINAGAR CRISPS AWAY AT TRACK SIDE  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
u wait gez lol :p u may get tashed :lol:

hellbound said:
Well I've read the BWRA accounts over a number of years and in the past, on the credit side, there has been the money from caravan/camping fees.

Unsurprisingly I haven't seen the NWRF accounts, but I'm hardly unique in that respect - were they ever handed over to the NNWRF ?, so who knows what happened there.

DENISE BAILEY said:
nettle said:
mutley said:
come on just make the best of what we have venues are getting fewer these days  :(
Weren't another two venues offered with space for caravans? :blink:

Jayne

Yes i believe they were but not appropriate from what i can gather

Where was the other venue that was offered and why was it declined?

I think it's only fair that the members should know.

Jayne

thing we should know what tracks where asked and looked at.as for u tony & yvone well if u get anywhere near the bwra commitee

any members with 1/2 a brain would give there bwra membership up with no questions asked.TO MANY LITTLE CLICKS IN WHIPPET RACING NOW.THIS IS WHAT IS SPOILING IT AMONG OTHER THINGS. THINK U LOT WANT TO LOOK AT WHY WE ARE LOOSING WEEKEND EVENTS(IT'S NOT THROUGH THE GOOD OLD WHIPPET IS IT)NOW LETS GET BACK TO WHIPPET RACING.BACK TO TOPIC ^^^^

nettle said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
nettle said:
mutley said:
come on just make the best of what we have venues are getting fewer these days  :(

Jayne

Jayne

Sorry unsure which other venue you are on about

i think the bwra decided not to use the a,t due to the champs being 150 front dog, therefore the scratch line would have to be moved foward 16yards due to not to be able to go back due to trees.

only leaving 32 yards finish to gutter :( nobody would like to see dogs injuryed and the dogs safety must come first.

a.t is a great club with a passion for racing,dont think the bwra are against them,but the dogs welfare must come first. I.M.O

the bwra committee have worked very hard to find suitable venue/camping.

maybe if people behaved themselves we would not be in this predicament.

DENISE BAILEY said:
nettle said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
nettle said:
mutley said:

Jayne

Jayne

Sorry unsure which other venue you are on about

Isn't Swollosnest available?

Jayne :blink:

The NNWRF Committee haven't been approached about swallowsnest

The bwra champs were held there last year weren't they?

So why not this year :blink: does this not come up to their standard?

Jayne

it may be the restriction the fed put in place for a certain member, they didn't aproach the nnwrf committee, the restriction been no use of the club on a night time for the said member ,due to an incident last year and before I'm shouted at I'm not getting into anything just answering a question :thumbsup:

DavidH said:
i think the bwra decided not to use the a,t due to the champs being 150 front dog, therefore the scratch line would have to be moved foward 16yards due to not to be able to go back due to trees.only leaving 32 yards finish to gutter :( nobody would like to see dogs injuryed and the dogs safety must come first.

a.t is a great club with a passion for racing,dont think the bwra are against them,but the dogs welfare must come first. I.M.O

A+T track is 150yds front dog with 50 yds run off. There are shrubs behind the traps but these could be trimmed back to give extra yardage.

The run off at A+T is about the same as Swallowsnest

The scratch dogs would obviously had the full 50yds run off which is more than sufficent. We have run 160yd scratch races at the club without any problems. The "problem of the ditch at the end is overstated as the field simply slopes down into the ditch. It's not a dead drop.Very occasionaly dogs do end up in the ditch ( which is less than 6inchs of water) but none have ever been injured.

The only difficulty with yardage as the track is as present is if a 16lb dog ran off against a 32lb dog, hence the finish line needing moving forward 16yds leaving 34yd run off. This only happens in the SUPREME run off. As above extra yardage was availble by trimming back the bushes behind the traps but when exactly was the last time a 32lb decided to run off at yard/lb for Supreme at BWRA champs??

DavidH said:
i think the bwra decided not to use the a,t due to the champs being 150 front dog, therefore the scratch line would have to be moved foward 16yards due to not to be able to go back due to trees.only leaving 32 yards finish to gutter :( nobody would like to see dogs injuryed and the dogs safety must come first.

Thank you for that, as Vicky said we all felt the issue may lie with the length of the run off. We too as a club all feel that a dog's welfare should come first (along with respecting DEFRA's new legislation) so if the BWRA Commitee feel that the length of the track posed a potential hazard then I accept this as a consideration within their decision making. So I assume we'll hear no more of these rumours regarding the tracks condition. :cheers:

DavidH said:
nobody would like to see dogs injuryed and the dogs safety must come first........................................but the dogs welfare must come first. I.M.O

To suggest that A+T track is unsuitable to run on because it puts the welfare of the dogs at risk is insulting to those club members who run their dogs there every week and to those who choose to race and trail their dogs at the track because it implies those members and racers don't put their dogs welfare first because they are prepared to run a track that is considered unsafe.

well i cant see us going if camping is 6 miles away.like you have said no dog can be left unattended in caravans awnings etc 6 miles up the road.i only have a mondeo estate and would have to bring 4 scratch dogs with me,which only two would be racing.one retired and a pup.what am i supposed to do with them then?my dogs welfare is the most important thing to me and i would not put them at risk for anyone,would rather give the title up than do that.i have raced on worcester track in august in the past and it was very dry dust kicked up behind the scratch dogs.im not slagging the venue of just stating facts no track is perfect that time of year. :oops: :oops:

Tony, I don't see it like that, I think it was a relevant issue to the BWRA because of their format and the fact that regardless of the unlikelihood of a 32lber running for supreme they had to be able to accomodate it.

I recall a request was made initially for the track to be 200yds in length, then when the commitee visited they stated they needed more than this. As no-one discussed the feasibility of this (e.g. removal of the trees) then I suspect the track length as the BWRA percieved it was what swayed their decision.

why does things have to be twisted on here,i was not slagging off the people at a.t just giving a point on the run in due to champs being 150 front dog.

what has caravans, and estate cars got to do with the run in, who said people neglect there dogs:rant: :rant:

no wonder people a keeping of here its all back stabbing.

to the people at a.t no insults meant :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back