The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B.w.r.a Championship Venue

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
D.Dan said:
well i cant see us going if camping  is  6 miles away.like you have said no dog can be left  unattended in caravans awnings etc 6 miles up the road.i only have a mondeo estate and would have to bring 4 scratch dogs with me,which only two would be racing.one retired and a pup.what am i supposed to do with them then?my dogs welfare is the most important thing to me and i  would not put them at risk for anyone,would rather give the title up than do that.i have  raced on worcester track in august  in the past and it was very dry dust kicked up behind the scratch dogs.im not slagging the venue of just stating facts no track is perfect that time of year. :oops:   :oops:
SO WHERE DO U SUGGEST WE PUT THESE DOGS DAVIDH.THINK THE WELFARE OF THE DOGS IN BOTHE ISSUE IS IMPORTANT.

Last edited by a moderator:
in the first place i only commented on the run in.i am a 100% for all the other

welfare items in these difficult times.

would of thought its up to individuals to sort there arrangements out as you do with any meeting.

the bwra have done there best so we will have to work around it. or dont go :luck:

DavidH said:
in the first place i only commented on the run in.i am a 100% for all the other welfare items in these difficult times.

would of thought its up to individuals to sort there arrangements out as you do with any meeting.

the bwra have done there best so we will have to work around it. or dont go :luck:

THINK THE LAST BIT OF YE POST IS THE BEST THING U COULD OF SAID DAVIDH.

DavidH said:
i think the bwra decided not to use the a,t due to the champs being 150 front dog, therefore the scratch line would have to be moved foward 16yards due to not to be able to go back due to trees.only leaving 32 yards finish to gutter :( nobody would like to see dogs injuryed and the dogs safety must come first.

a.t is a great club with a passion for racing,dont think the bwra are against them,but the dogs welfare must come first. I.M.O

the bwra committee have worked very hard to find suitable venue/camping.

maybe if people behaved themselves we would not be in this predicament.

David is the above statement an official statement from the BWRA ?

If not how come you know all the details about the measurements of the track.

I'm just curious, and not having a dig at you :thumbsup:

Jayne

What is the overall lenght of AT Miners track ?

i went with colin and trevor to check measurements,and as it is 150 front dog the main concern was the run. i put this to as people where unsure why not the a.t not offcial, but correct.

i asked bwra chairman if it was ok to put it on, he had no problem with keeping people in the picture.

Are you free to come and measure my stairs and landing for a new Wilton?lol

ps could the Chuckle brothers fit it :D Geoff :D

DavidH said:
i went with colin and trevor to check measurements,and as it is 150 front dog the main concern was the run. i put this to as people where unsure why not the a.t not offcial, but correct.i asked bwra chairman if it was ok to put it on, he had no problem with keeping people in the picture.

Well lets have it put right and correct then

I had a telephone conversation with Colin the morning after your visit the info given to me was they were happy with the venue the only concern was the run in, I informed Colin that this wouldn,t be a problem as the extra yardage could come from either cutting back the hedge which is by the way a couple of small bushes not trees or by angling the track slightly.( this had already been suggested to them in the clubhouse by one of our members) I was told he would send in his report for Tony and Mark to discuss.

THIS TRACK WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT FORWARD IF THE MEMBERS OF THIS CLUB HAD ANY DOUBTS ABOUT THE WELFARE AND SAFETY OF THE DOGS

BWRA N/W sec

DENISE BAILEY said:
nettle said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
nettle said:
mutley said:
come on just make the best of what we have venues are getting fewer these days  :(
Weren't another two venues offered with space for caravans? :blink:

Jayne

Yes i believe they were but not appropriate from what i can gather

Where was the other venue that was offered and why was it declined?

I think it's only fair that the members should know.

Jayne

Sorry unsure which other venue you are on about

the other venue put forward was KIRKCALDY

DavidH said:
why does things have to be twisted on here,i was not slagging off the people at a.t just giving a point on the run in due to champs being 150 front dog.to the people at a.t  no insults meant :luck:   :luck:

I'm not having a pop at you David and I'm positive you don't think anyone at A+T is putting their dogs welfare at risk.

But that's the point; There might be 101 reasons why the BWRA committee don't want to hold champs at A+T but because there is a risk to the dogs isn't one of them and it's unfair to slander the track as an excuse.

The track is 200yds long from our current start line to the edge of the ditch at the mid point of the track. However the ditch runs at an angle away from the track on the left hand side. When the ditch is fenced off with the orange netting the dogs funnel off to the left and the run off is then about 300yds.

At BWRA champs all heats, cross heats and champ class finals are 150 yds off scratch and 50yd run off is enough. It's about the same as Swallowsnest.So there's no welfare problem for these races in any case.

The only possible complication where the run off might have been a problem is if a 32lb dog that couldnt stop in 34 yards and could'nt turn left won the heavyweight run off and was run in the supreme final with a 16lber then there is a possibility it could run in the netting. Now if the BWRA is saying it has done a risk assesment and has decided the risk to this dog that can't stop or turn left is so great that it takes precedent over all other practicalities and they expect everyone to believe that then :rant:

geff, measured in back yards. :oops: havent i dug a hole for myself :- "

maybe the funnel should of be errected to show how it works. i only measured straight run off,first time i heard of the netting funnel???? mind it was a pig of a night when we went there.

After reading this subject it would seem that once again members options dont seem to matter :oops:

As for the poll i am fully aware it can not be used as evidence that a majority of members would prefer the Gin Pit to the other venue but may be if the commitee asked the region reps to get feed back then we would know for sure what the majority did want ;)

dave was doing a favour for the bwra he works for the council and is good at his job ,as he says dont shoot the messenger :thumbsup: we need more people like him who are willing to help

mutley said:
dave was  doing a favour for the bwra he works for the council and is good at his job ,as he says dont shoot the messenger :thumbsup: we need more people like him who are willing to help
no disrespect to Dave very good of him to give up his time to do a favour for the BWRA, however its doing our club an injustice if the facts are not correct, also are we not to be trusted as responsible whippeteers that we would offer an unsuitable / unsafe venue

By the way This club is steeped in whippet racing history as shown on T.V in Dissappearing Britain, we were in the process of getting the T V company to come back and film the 40th anniversarry champs all being well

Fletch might have even got an interview :- "

Yes I was thinking of getting in touch with T V central who filmed me & Hazel in the mid nineties at Chatsworth with our dogs.

We were featured in Heart of the Country :- " I was so camera shy and lost for words 8) I don't think I could do it again, but if the money's right I could be tempted :D

ps contact my agent Mr Pendleton

i saw u in that fletch :oops: my mistake it was compo in last of the summer wine :p

Don't tell porkies, they don't let you watch tv in Rampton (w00t)

MetalWard.gif

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back