The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Back In Sport

tranmere

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi am thinking of getting back into the sport i was last racing wippets in 1988 with the fantastic full flight wentwerth d x black flight at parkside wippett club anyone out ther remeber i know it was a long time ago and so intrested in buying a open class pup can any one help thanks

welcome iam sure youl get fixed up :thumbsup:

dont know if they were still racing in 88 but remember Bert and Roy Green also Billy Gill--had some great days at Parkside in the seventies ---

welcome back things have changed -----only two clubs left in Lancashire now---

Steve

remember Wentworth D racing at Parkside and Liverpool we actually have 3 clubs in the North West if you include Westhoughton bend club racing here every Thusday from around 6-45pm throughout the winter we used to race WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE , STILGO ,ROSSGO and GYPSY CROSS at Parkside think it was Mick Horan who ran it then

:luck: WELCOME BACK :luck:

hi i think it was mick at parkside my bich bonie aka fullflight broke track record at parkside in time of 8.18 for a 150 yards. not bad as i was only a younglad and had no transport so had to go from the wirral to st hellens on bus then train then walk 2 miels from staion i dident mind because this wonderfull bich loved it .Just wished i could of made opens and chamionships as am sure she would of been a champ.Is a time of 8.18 for 150 yards is that still a good time nowdays thanks for replaying

dogs have got a bit faster over the years was a good time in its day though

are you still in the Wirral your names not Dave is it

welcome back to the sport/hobby :D 8-18 is a good time for 150yards what weight was full flight? ;)

springer said:
welcome back to the sport/hobby  :D     8-18 is a good time for 150yards what weight was full flight? ;)
if your dog did 8.18 @ the rising sun it wud b flying :thumbsup:

hi she was 30lb she won the litle mustang trophy wich was suposed 2 be won by a 16-18lb

GETTING A PUPPY IS OK,, BUT WHO,S KNOWS WETHER IT WILL BE OPEN CLASS TILL IT GROWS UP

tranmere said:
hi she was 30lb she won the litle mustang trophy wich was suposed 2 be won by a 16-18lb
called my old bitch mustang sally,won a few races with her,couple of titles too,its right what deb says,its a lottery,you could go through,a dozen dogs gefore you get a good open glass dog,hope you get one.best of luck, :thumbsup:

i supose so thanks ill keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best .i bred full flight just 2 in litter the orther one flight master was a pig still loved it untill its dieing day tho

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back