The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Back Legs

code_veronica

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
HI, i borrowing amys (Code_Veronica) account to ask about our other dog Ollie. I'm a bit worried about his back legs, he always seems to leave them behind and comando crawl off the sofa, leaving his body and legs straight and just supporting himself with the front legs.

He was also qiute happliy lie on the sofa with his back legs still standing on the floor and when he runs one of his legs seems to flick out to one side rather than back and forth like his other.

I am starting to worry that this is going to cause injury because last night he did it on the stairs and was limping around the bedroom, we did check out the leg but he didn't yelp from us feeling it and was quite happy to walk on it again after a few mins.

Has anyone else had this or heard of this before??

Pics of ollie

Picture058.jpg

Picture025.jpg

he also has a rather bad overbite, so we are going to have to get his bottom canines pulled out as they are growing straight under his top ones.

Picture059.jpg

don't think its anything too serious but it does need sorting have you got an osteopath near you I can give you Pauls number 07711186216 he is in Leyland near Preston or Robert Meeks who travels around the country if he doesn't come to your area he will meet you at a convenient location his number is 07773327353

not sure about having bottom teeth pulled they won't grow any longer than normal I had one with the same condition although it is a defect it never caused her any problems

I agree about his teeth , they wont cause him any trouble , Years ago I looked after a Greyhound who was so overshot , his top teeth won races while his bottoms ones were still in the traps :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back