The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Baldness In Whippets?

minion

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello,

After a wee bit of advice if possible.

I have my first whippet and have noticed that she is loosing hair at the front of her neck and around the bottom of her chest. I took her to the vet and they did skin scrapes but couldnt find anything.

Now, I had a lurcher who died a few days after I got the whippet pup and she had exactly the same baldness. It may be a fluke but Its strange that they both went bald in the same places.

the whippet is only 11 months old.

Both dogs are brindle and I dond know if its common or if perhaps the lurcher had something that she could have passed on?

Anyone had these problems before?

whippets are prone to baldy bits in winter mine have it down their necks on their bellys and even the top part of their back legs gets thin,this happens every year with mine. :thumbsup:

trish g said:
whippets are prone to baldy bits in winter mine have it down their necks on their bellys and even the top part of their back legs gets thin,this happens every year with mine. :thumbsup:

Sidney has a bald chest and tummy.... natural in whippies

my lola is bald on the underside of her neck, i think it is quite normal. :thumbsup:

Cornish said:
trish g said:

Sidney has a bald chest and tummy.... natural in whippies

My Jinny has less hair under her neck and under her chest and tummy - perfectly healthy and normal :D :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back