The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bathroom Colour Help Please

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lol TC.

A while ago we did like the idea of black tiles and white grouting, but the kitchen is black and white and takes a bit of getting used to so has kind of put me off.

but I like the slate/grey idea!

Is that close enough!

We used these tiles as a feature wall, floor to ceiling, in our bathroom behind a claw foot bath (the pale green ones) but we got them from a shop on ebay for a fraction of the price :- " (like almost everything in our house - we have the house that ebay built :lol: )

http://www.firedearth.com/Products.asp?SectionId=14148

I think the colour is beautiful and soothing, but I realise they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. After we opened the boxes you could hear the tinkling noise of the glaze crackling for days!

We put a warmer white on the walls and ceiling - Dulux Chiffon White 4. It's amazing how much of a lift that gave the room compared to the base white undercoat.

:luck: with your project

PS. Forgot to say that that picture of Stanley Maurice is gorgeous :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
wigglesworth said:
We used these tiles as a feature wall, floor to ceiling, in our bathroom behind a claw foot bath (the pale green ones) but we got them from a shop on ebay for a fraction of the price  :- " (like almost everything in our house - we have the house that ebay built  :lol: )
http://www.firedearth.com/Products.asp?SectionId=14148

I think the colour is beautiful and soothing, but I realise they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. After we opened the boxes you could hear the tinkling noise of the glaze crackling for days!

We put a warmer white on the walls and ceiling - Dulux Chiffon White 4. It's amazing how much of a lift that gave the room compared to the base white undercoat.

:luck: with your project

PS. Forgot to say that that picture of Stanley Maurice is gorgeous  :wub:   :wub:

oooo those are really gorgeous tiles... :thumbsup:

oohhh now those are very nice :thumbsup:

our house looks like a ikea showroom :- "

WIGGY said:
lalena said:
WIGGY said:
lalena said:
(w00t) i love it! around the sink etc, fabulous!if i pay rent, can i move into your bathroom? i'll provide my own bedding :lol:
No problem as long as you like 6 dogs and 5 kids.

not so different here, currently 7 dogs and 3 kids, so i think i'll go for the bathroom! :p

:D :D :D :D :D :D Yours is a mad house as well then :wub: :wub: :wub:

um, in a word? yes ! :p but i bet i could cope so much better if i had such a nice bathroom. if i had yours, i dont think i'd ever come out! :lol:

Zephyr said:
We did our bathroom a few years ago in white, with blue and green tiles and green flooring, and have been very pleased with it. :thumbsup:   Good luck with whatever you go for :luck:
Zephyr, I'm getting a P shaped bath....any do's or don't's you'd suggest ?

Since I'm the only one who soaks in the bath and I'm not that tall I think I'll get a 1500mm one to give a bit more space, I'm having the taps away from the shower end and I don't think I'll bother with a handle/towel rail as I like my towel warm on the radiator :- "

what do you think of yours ?

Well, Julie, it looks great, but there are a couple of problems :wacko:

1 It takes FOREVER to fill as it is so big with the extra wide bit at the thend

2 Our particular one has a very straight end, and I would have preferred a gentle slope for me to lean against in the bath

3 It is too long for me, so if I try to lie down, I go underwater! I have to have a sitting up bath, which is not much fun, or lie on my front :- " It is just right for my OH though 8)

4 The clear curvy shower door is a bit of a so and so to clean properly

It is great for the kids though, loads of room :thumbsup:

Some of these may just be a problem with the one I chose, not generally, so good luck with yours :luck:

thanks for that,

I have thought of how much water it will take to fill (especially as I have the water really high) but at least the 1500mm bath is shorter and therefore smaller,

I've been looking for one with a good slope on it for lying back on,

I guess I'll just have to clean the curved screen by standing in the bath !

wish I wasn't so fussy and just order the cheapest easiest bathroom suite + tiles and get it over + done with :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back