The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BBC BROADCAST

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i reckon it should be done away with too, or at least scrap it for a year or so to see how it goes

I think scrap it!

It would be interesting to find out how many people have packed in racing because of it, i know a lot of people who've lost interest since it came into force.

Whats the worst thats gonna happen?

The "nudge nudge brigade" will be out in force - ARE THEY NOT ALREADY?

What has been proved in the majority of the tests that have come back positive? The majority weren't even performance enhancers.

I agree with JOJESS (Pat) the drug testing acts as a deterrant against some people intentionally drugging their dog. We can all stand up and say that whippet racing is just a bit of family fun with the pets that gets you about the country meeting friends form a variety of backgrounds and areas but we can also not deny that winning in the sport of whippet racing could mean so much to a few people that if they knew they could get away with it they would.

Maybe one in a hundred tests comes back positive with all the rest reading negative, maybe it is an accident, maybe not, it's one thing we'll never know but like I believe that testing just deters any would be drug users ... after all nobody wants to be caught with their hand in the cookie jar ... :teehee:

Hmm that's my bit on the matter ... I'll shut up now ...

Deterrent against what? Cheats/robbers like risk don't they?

What can possibly make a dog go faster? Call me naive.. but I don't know.

If some want to try, then let them at their peril, poor/abused dog and all that-but I don't honestly believe that their dog if given stuff it shouldn't have- is going to be on the scene for very long do you?

So basically, let them carry on if they feel the need.

Fitness and honesty/clear mind will always win long term.

Only my view..

Karen

Deterrent against what? Cheats/robbers like risk don't they?What can possibly make a dog go faster? Call me naive.. but I don't know.

If some want to try, then let them at their peril, poor/abused dog and all that-but I don't honestly believe that their dog if given stuff it shouldn't have- is going to be on the scene for very long do you?

So basically, let them carry on if they feel the need.

Fitness and honesty/clear mind will always win long term.

Only my view..

Karen
Yip couldn't agree more, if these people get off on beating honest whippet racers well let them, is my opinion! Theyre only cheating themselves!!

I would rather run WITH MY HEAD HELD HIGH against these people who would give their dogs 'something' to make them run faster?????? than have someone banned by a system what doesn't know what it is doing.God forbid, It could be one of us next.

ritchie said:
THE HFL LAB OPENLY STATES THAT NONE OF THE TESTS WERE POSITIVE ONLY THAT THERE COULB BE TRACES OF SOMETHING BUT TO FIND OUT WHAT WOULD COST APPROX £1000 WHICH THE BWRA SAID THEY COULD NOT AFFORD.
First off was this the lab that Irena and batsons were banned with ?

i though julie was told a bigger amount of money was need at the time...

I find it hard to believe the NGRC would deal with a testing lab that did not know what they were doing ....

NGRC is fortunate in having HFL as its chosen laboratory for urine analysis, because it is the world’s leading centre for research into the metabolism of drugs in both horses and racing dogs

Well i think drug testing should take place randomly, i for don't want to spend money traveling the country racing against cheats ...besides look at what enhancing tonics do for a dogs wellbeing, theres also other drugs that are far worst that cheats may give

Caffeine belongs to a class of xanthines and vary markedly in its ability to cause the relaxation of smooth muscle around the airways (bronchodilation) and around blood vessels (vasodilation), as well as directly stimulating the heart and cause an increase in urine production. It can also stimulate the brain and artificially improve the mental state

fed up 2 said:
:p
it can also stimulate the brain and artificialy improve the mental state.
IF THATS THE CASE THEN A FEW OWNERS SHOULD USE IT TO IMPROVE THEIR BRAIN AND MENTAL STATE. :blink:
Grow up :clown: ...anyway when are members getting there monies due to them?

fed up do you think folks are daft, no one needs idiots like u on here anyway, drug testing is in place right or wrong ,but the likes of you are not helping the sport why not sign your name, i think most have a good idea who u are anyway...

GAZ NOT DEE...I SAID EARLIER MAYBE SCRAP IT BUT THERE AGAIN.....

Last edited by a moderator:
THE NUDGE NUDGE BRIGADE WERE THE ONES TAKING TESTS IN FIRST PLACE AND THE ONES HELLBENT ON ZERO ,WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND... :- "

Well, well, well, what's been going on while I've been out. Let's just answer a few questions. I've not yet joined the Fed., again and my reasons have been made plain and clear to some members of the interim committee. I'm not necessarily in line to take over any position on the Fed. committee, that's up to the members. I also believe I am a more intelligent person than yourself(fedup2). Personally speaking I believe I could do agood job. BUT THE MAIN POINT IS.......I have a good memory and perhaps that's what your problem is. There is a thread to this subject that you seem to have lost, so perhaps you would like to start another topic, as I'm sure we could accomodate you.

There are a lot of people out there that would like to race ther dogs without the fear of being DONE for loving their dogs, so this dope issue has to be sorted. Whilst I'm on the subject of dopes why don't YOU tell everyone who you are coward?

:( So the fed has folded! well i hope your all pleased with yourselves i have read some of the post's and one thing you all say is what well run organised, open's they were. if the new committee put on open can Tony /Yvonne run there dog's OR ARE THEY BANNED. AND NO YOU DON'T NO ME. JUST FIND IT FUNNY THAT YOU CALL THEM CHEAT'S FOR HAVING LESS THAN 4% and yet you want drug testing stoped :teehee:

the fed has not folded and also say who u are and u may get an answer

No the Fed. hasn't folded, and it was not the members that were to blame for a couple of people thinking they could dominate whippet racing. I've been drinking with Tony and could tell a few stories, and my son would just love to see him again. I also took Yvonne to her first B.W.R.A. regional committee meeting and refused to take her again, as for someone new to the sport I stated then I had no trust in her, and I have even less now. SORRY MODERATORS I've gone off the thread as well, but I have a problem with blind people.

Well off topic lol

Well lets see i get banned for Gaz telling Tony and Von some home truths ..and now there arguing the point about testing labs ..because they gave a positive test..

The NWRF has not folded...Tony and Von resigned, and a new NWRF committee have been reinstated by members, all the members need now is the NWRF equipment, books and monies as its the members stuff.

So a time ,date would be appreciated so someone can call and pick it up, why are you not allowing paid members to have it?

i just found this it was posted in whippet news from Yvonne to Jill hardy ...not long after Ecstasy failed her test ....i love yvonnes answer in question 8

View attachment 1248

I think my eye sight is failing Dee cos i cant read it very good :oops: ....will it come any clearer.......

Dont you ALL think that it is time to stop falling out, :b after all we all love whippet racing.. :p and we all are human( i think) o:) so let's forgive and forget ey...... :teehee: :- "

If you right click on the pic then save picture as and save it ..it will open in paint or explore then you can make it bigger ...

I think its quite a good answer to Richie's original post

link to yvonnes letter to jill

:p If the fed has not folded then why ask when members are getting there money back!. As for equipment being returned what about the equipment at Blidworth that is fad and Bob oz did not give that back when he resigned from the fed committee.

Our many times have you resigned now LOL

Bob oz .my son would just love to see him GETTING YOUR SON TO DO WHAT YOU CAN'T
bob oz Refused to take her again i stated then i had no trust in her,GOD WHAT DID SHE DO???????LOL :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back