The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bbc2 Working Dogs

jane766

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What a fantastic programme!! My hairy lurcher boy also enjoyed it"" All those whistles and he even helped track the bloodhound scent. What a pity that those dog owners who needed to watch it probably didn't ie my collie is destructive etc etc. And what a gorgeous girl Mollie was :wub:

More educational programmes like this would help us all and hopefully the viewing figures will reflect this and enable more similar programmes to be commissioned.

I really enjoyed it. It was good to see a programme where you saw all the hard work going into training the dogs over several months, rather than the 'quick fix' dog borstal approach.

The Bloodhound's trainer was fabulous, such a lovely man. Great to see a dog learning to do exactly what she was bred for and loving every minute of it. I nearly cried when she was accepted as a police tracker dog and he handed her over to her new handler.

It was really interesting to see how the trainer worked the beardie (who had been a sheep killer) in the small pen with the sheep, and fantastic that after all the training she is giving him a permanent home as a working sheepdog on her farm.

If anyone missed it, it was a BBC2 Natural World programme, and I think is repeated on Sunday.

FeeFee said:
I really enjoyed it.  It was good to see a programme where you saw all the hard work going into training the dogs over several months, rather than the 'quick fix' dog borstal approach.
The Bloodhound's trainer was fabulous, such a lovely man.  Great to see a dog learning to do exactly what she was bred for and loving every minute of it.  I nearly cried when she was accepted as a police tracker dog and he handed her over to her new handler.

It was really interesting to see how the trainer worked the beardie (who had been a sheep killer) in the small pen with the sheep, and fantastic that after all the training she is giving him a permanent home as a working sheepdog on her farm.

If anyone missed it, it was a BBC2 Natural World programme, and I think is repeated on Sunday.

Thanks for letting us know about the repeat :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed it - and great that the outcome for both dogs was a good one. :thumbsup: It was lovely to see the dogs doing what they were bred for. :wub: :wub:

sounds like a good program wish i cud watch it. not got that channel though :(

It was an excellent programme and I really enjoyed it. Much better than the recent Underdogs show that had been aired on BBC2 as well.

Definitely the best dog-prog in ages :))

I loved the way the training was based around working with the dogs' natural instincts and strengths and was for a real purpose!

Just shows that dogs respond best when they are allowed to be dogs...

just spreading the word that the programme is to be repeated Sunday; I must check my local tv pages in the newspaper!

Hi Everyody,

Checked the paper, will be repeted at 1810 on Sunday.

Puppy is home now, decided to call him Totty. He's beautiful and setteled very fast.

Will post pictures asap. :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back