The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Beach Ban, Please Could You Sign This Petition?

wildthing

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Perranporth council are considering banning dogs from the wonderful Perranporth beach, if you have a second and particually if you have ever walked there and know what a fabulous dog beach it is, please could you sign the petition at the link below

http://www.dogslovep....com/index.html

Thank you

It seems to be sign of the times and is happening in more and more places :wacko:

wOULD LOVE TO SIGN THE PETITON BUT YOUR LINK DOESN'T WORK FOR ME! (sorry caps lock on I'm not angry!!!lol)

I am a dog walker and walk regularly on Perranporth beach, I get fed up of the minority who let their dogs foul the beach and do not clear up :rant: - not at all surprised that they want to ban dogs, Holywell and Crantock are at risk of having a dog ban, too. This is not just the fault of the holidaymakers, it is the local walkers, too :angry:

I have signed the petition, as I would hate to lose the opportunity to walk there :unsure:

I have signed the petition and added a comment to the effect that we will not visit Perranporth again if the dog ban goes ahead.

We holiday in the UK and always take the dogs with us. We only visit places where we can take the dogs onto a beach to walk (preferably for a long walk). Although there are still plenty of places where we can do this, we don't want to lose this lovely beach.

Bans such as this will not help with water quality which is what most councils are concerned about. However an alternative might be a section of the beach (nearest car parks) where dogs must be on leads and all poop must be scooped. Then the section of beach further away where most families will not venture can be free of a dog restriction and still accessible to us and to families with dogs. This approach is used at Woolacombe and seems very succesful.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back