The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Belvoir Castle

mrs d

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sorry folks that the bad weather did not allow the Lurcher showing championships and the child handling championships to go ahead today. There is nothing we could do about, the ground is under 2 " of rain which fell throughout the night without letting up.

We will therefore be changing the venue of these championships to the saturday of the Cheshire show, I will get everyone involved a letter out but please if you know anyone please pass the message on. Also if it's raining please ring before setting off, it's just impossible to get a message out to everyone on the morning of the show when you are camping out in the show field!

Schedule for Cheshire is:

Cheshire County Showground, WA16 0HJ

Saturday:

Open Lurcher Show

Child Handling Championships

Singleton Cup Championship - Lurcher Showing

Under 23" Straight Racing Championship

Over 23" Straight Racing Championship

Sunday:

Open Racing

Simulated Coursing Championship

Open Lurcher Show - Limited Class list

Chase the Bunny Championship - held in the main ring

Also would just like to congratulate the Terrier - Living Heritage Challenge Cup Championship Winners who were:

First: Mark Hurst with Davey (4 1/2 year old red lakeland) who also won the Triple Crown Terrier Champion of Champions. He received a check for £300, Sash, Dog Presentation Jacket, Trophy and the Triple Crown perpetual shield.

Reserve went to Lesley Maxwell with Jaz (also a red lakeland) - last years winner, who received a cheque for £100 and trophy.

3rd Place - Rob and June Malin with Meg (red Lakeland) who received a trophy.

4th Place went to Steve and Jose Hawkins with Buster (Jack Russell) who also received a trophy.

Well Done to all, here's hoping next weekend goes without a hitch.

Dorne

LurcherWorld

Cheers Dorne. Fingers crossed for next weekend then. its going to be the biggest Lurcher event weekend ever i think. All those finals..showing.. racing....Please make the weather good..... :(

Thanks for the info Dorne lets hope the weather is good 8) ,likewise this is the event of the year goodluck :luck: to all competeing,looking forward to meeting up with everyone again. :cheers: P.s [SIZE=21pt]THE[/SIZE] [SIZE=21pt]CORNISH[/SIZE] [SIZE=21pt]ARE COMING[/SIZE]

Just wondering how many dissappointed children there were up and down the country who had to travel miles, often leaving before the announcement that the show had been cancalled. Surely the child handling could have taken place regardless of a bit of water. I have been to shows where the weather has been much worse and they have still continued.

Also, as for not being able to contact everyone, well surely you have the details of all participants in order to send them tickets etc, so a simple phone call should not have been too much bother. I have to say I am very disappointed with the way lurcher world handled the cancellation of the show, and the way in which they let down their young supporters. It does little to encourage younger people to get involved in showing if they are let down. I know the girl we were bringing to the show will not be able to attend next weekend as it is simply too short notice.

Jessr123 said:
Just wondering how many dissappointed children there were up and down the country who had to travel miles, often leaving before the announcement that the show had been cancalled.  Surely the child handling could have taken place regardless of a bit of water.  I have been to shows where the weather has been much worse and they have still continued.
Also, as for not being able to contact everyone, well surely you have the details of all participants in order to send them tickets etc, so a simple phone call should not have been too much bother.  I have to say I am very disappointed with the way lurcher world handled the cancellation of the show, and the way in which they let down their young supporters.  It does little to encourage younger people to get involved in showing if they are let down.  I know the girl we were bringing to the show will not be able to attend next weekend as it is simply too short notice.

Its just one of thoughs things that cant be helped, I was down to judge the open lurcher show, i got there to find it not on, I had a 320 mile round trip, and a 50 pound fuel bill, but these things happen, i,m not moaning, for what people have told me you would get no were near the rings. car would have to be pulled out, and some people have a few dogs, and who would leave there dogs a 100 yards away from the rings, i wouldnt, lets just hope the weather is better for next week, cheers :D

whippet quick said:
Jessr123 said:
Just wondering how many dissappointed children there were up and down the country who had to travel miles, often leaving before the announcement that the show had been cancalled.  Surely the child handling could have taken place regardless of a bit of water.  I have been to shows where the weather has been much worse and they have still continued.
Also, as for not being able to contact everyone, well surely you have the details of all participants in order to send them tickets etc, so a simple phone call should not have been too much bother.  I have to say I am very disappointed with the way lurcher world handled the cancellation of the show, and the way in which they let down their young supporters.  It does little to encourage younger people to get involved in showing if they are let down.  I know the girl we were bringing to the show will not be able to attend next weekend as it is simply too short notice.

Its just one of thoughs things that cant be helped, I was down to judge the open lurcher show, i got there to find it not on, I had a 320 mile round trip, and a 50 pound fuel bill, but these things happen, i,m not moaning, for what people have told me you would get no were near the rings. car would have to be pulled out, and some people have a few dogs, and who would leave there dogs a 100 yards away from the rings, i wouldnt, lets just hope the weather is better for next week, cheers :D

I'm not moaning baout the fact the show was cancelled, fair enough if the weather is bad, but the fact is this was a final for CHILDREN, not adults, some of whom will have a long journey. I just think lurcher world could have dealt with the situation much more effectively.

Jessr123 said:
whippet quick said:
Jessr123 said:

I'm not moaning baout the fact the show was cancelled, fair enough if the weather is bad, but the fact is this was a final for CHILDREN, not adults, some of whom will have a long journey. I just think lurcher world could have dealt with the situation much more effectively.

How do you think Lurcherworld should of delt with the situation then? Perhaps as Dorne has stated for next weeks show people should ring them before leaving to make sure it is going ahead .

tory said:
Jessr123 said:
whippet quick said:
Jessr123 said:

How do you think Lurcherworld should of delt with the situation then? Perhaps as Dorne has stated for next weeks show people should ring them before leaving to make sure it is going ahead .

As lurcher world had organised the finals then they should have contacted all finalists.

Jessr123 said:
tory said:
Jessr123 said:
whippet quick said:
Jessr123 said:

As lurcher world had organised the finals then they should have contacted all finalists.

Sorry but it was not our decision to cancel the show (at the last minute - 9am on Sunday morning) this is down to Living Heritage, the police and Health and Safety laws. We are unable to contact everyone by phone as we do not have the relevant phone numbers, I do not keep phone records, sorry. We are also very disappointed that the show did not go ahead, we travelled a 300 mile trip, set it up in the freezing cold and persevered in the torrential rain ! It was that bad the RSPCA had to come out and rescue 2 ducks! :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back