The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bend Championship Costs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just curious, but was the fee not decided b4 the champs were adverised as been on there? :blink:

piglet your comment about paying a fiver and you are only watching flappin greyhounds is a rather stupid statement,we race our dogs on the flaps and both are good enough to win races in top grade at ngrc tracks and opens on the flaps if we were to sell our bitch we would be looking for at least £2000,you also pay £5 at many ngrc tracks - shawfield for one-it may not have great facilities but is a great running surface and you will be able to watch many of the best and most valuable greyhounds in the uk and ireland for only a fiver,so dont slate flapping dogs -they aint all crap mate -gretna has an all open meeting on this sunday and i may even go and spend a fiver to watch even if they are only flappin dogs-unlike your championship whippets!!.

as for paying £550 for the meeting well it maybe a hefty price but you get what you pay for and at the end of the day if you think £3 is too steep-how many sporting events can you watch in a comfortable stadium for that price?-and remember the staff that will be working will be working when they would not normally so will probably be on over time-go on dig deep its only £3 its the cost of a pint in some bars and for this price you will get a great day of racing at a nice stadium-your dogs are all worth it.

I haven't been to Stainforth but it does appear to be a top class stadium.

Whether it's worth £550 depends on whatever the going rate for stadium hire is. If Kinsley were £500 for example and Stainforth is better than £550 is reasonable.

Perhaps the issue is more about what whippet racers are prepared to pay for their racing. It seems to me that race entry fees, stadium entry and organisation membership have remained at the same level over the last 10 years, yet incomes have increased as have the costs of putting on an event. If we want to maintain or even improve the standard of race meetings then racers are going to have to spend more than they are now.

This is a championship event and the stadium should reflect its importance and £3 entry fee is still very cheap.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
mtotos

did i say they were crap????? i think not

some people who go flappin stop there dogs to make a few quid from the bookie

u no it happens as do i

i dont think the statement i made was at all silly

but if your dog is gud enough to run in the top races why do u run it in flaps??

seems bit silly that doesnt it??? u wudnt see the likes of best mate running in a seller round ludlow now wud u......

john m said:
I do not find that a charge of £3-00p to be excessive for an afternoon’s sport, those who go regularly to Greyhound racing pay £5-00p entrance fee for a nights racing of about 15 races, so compared with that I think it is very favourable.The charge of £550-00p for the hire of the facilities is another matter.

The stadium has to make a profit or there wouldn’t be any racing, but a jump from £200 to £550 seems to be rather a big jump in price considering that the stadium will make bigger profits on the amount of food and drink that they sell.

No doubt that it will require extra staff to open up the extra facilities but these facilities will make extra profits.

It will be a very well attended meeting so profits are almost certainly going to be higher than the Tyrone meeting

They are to video the whole meeting and no doubt they will sell the video’s at a profit or are we to assume that in someway the profits are to be split between the b.w.r.a. and the stadium and are the b.w.r.a. having a percentage of the profits from the stadium food and drink takings. If the b.w.r.a. are not having any percentage of any profits made then I find the charge of £550-00p  to be very excessive.

I agree totally.

so the £550 does,nt include the restaurant being opened just the cafe as last sunday yet an increase of £350 as good as it is its not worth that the food in the cafe was bloody awful

Me? Couldn't care if it's 2 quid or a fiver to get in, the bloody fuel cost's £45 for around trip...and, I still enjoy the day, and it's good venue, and quality is always dearer...

Paul

if u have a gud dog or even if u dont i dont think the £3 gate money is guna stop u from comin do u??

mtotos u cudnt reply cause u were talkin rubbish u no my example was right!

GO FOR IT ITS A GREAT DAY

WHATS MONEY FOR IF YOU CANT SPEND IT

I SPEND A FIVER EVER TIME I PUT A DOG ROUND THE TRACK IN TRAINING

AND WE ALL KNOW HOW MANY DOGS IVE GOT.

WELL I THINK I DO :unsure:

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

I THINK I DO

NOT SURE NOW :wacko:

GARY

this is a big event a good track top class lets push the boat out and spoil ourselfs and our dogs you all know this must be one of the best tracks i or we have run on with our dogs and look forward to doing it again. gary you pay trailing i think im right about £45 to 50 on a sunday so your have money left over that weekend anychance of a pint of you seeing your have money to spare lol :cheers: :- "

LOVE TO BUT CANT STOP

GOT TO SEE A MAN ABOUT A DOG :thumbsup: :- "

GARY

Doreen Hopkins I did try to get the cost down to £450 but they would not agreeI also asked about them opening up '' THE CARVERY'' to do meals but they said

that anyone wanting to have a meal in there would have to book in advance and if there were not enough people booking meals it would not be worth while, and it would also mean putting in extra staff.

weathergirls said:
so the £550 does,nt include the restaurant being opened just the cafe as last sunday yet an increase of £350 as good as it is its not worth that the food in the cafe was bloody awful
MAYBE IF SOMEONE CAN TAKE ORDERS AND PHONE THEM INTO THE STADIUM THEY WILL OPEN THE RESTAURANT FOR SUNDAY LUNCHES I AM SURE THERE IS PLENTY THAT WILL AS LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT USED TO EAT AT KINGSLEY, JUST A THOUGHT

ALSO AGREE THE INCREASE OF £350 IS EXTORTIONATE(sp)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back