The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

bend venue change for nwrf

ritchie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
DUE TO UNFORESEEABLE CIRCUMSTANCES NWRF WILL NOW BE HOLDING ALL THERE BEND EVENTS AT ASKERN GHD STADIUM INSTEAD OF KINSLEY THE FIRST ONE BEING ON THE 28TH SEPTEMBER - SHOW THE WORLD.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ALL NWRF BEND EVENTS INCLUDING THE NWRF BEND CHAMPS.

Does anyone know what the "unforeseeable circumstances" are?

Last edited by a moderator:
I DONT KNOW I DIDNT ASK JUST SAID ID PUT THIS INFO ON K9 PERHAPS IF YOU HAVE A WORD WITH SOMEONE ON THE NWRF COMITTE THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU.

??? does anyone know times and days for trialling at askern?????????

AFTER SPEAKING TO YVONNE THIS MORNING IT SEEMS THAT KINSLEY WAS WANTING MORE GATE MONEY THAN THEY WAS GETTING ALSO THEY HAVE GOT MORE GHDS COMING DOWN WANTING TO RACE,SO THERE WILL BE MORE GHD RACING TAKING PART ON A SUNDAY.

if i remember rightly neil trail times at askern are wed and fri=11 till ;) 12.also sunday 10 till 12. hope this is of some help...p.s askern has both inside hare and outside............jasper.

where is the new track and is it further then kinsley what is this place like foe i.e.

food and DRINK.

Hi tony,

Its a bit more petrol for us i think :angry: ,its north of doncaster but i haven,t been there myself,reading about the reasons for not using kinsley anymore is just

about the same as henlow MORE money, and as you know thats one of the best galloping tracks in the country still these tracks are much to good for our whippets

put them on a piece of mud and thay try there heart out for us.

Is that right that they have an inside hare ?. As we need as many entries as possible it would make sence to use the inside hare as dogs that will not run to the outside will normally run on the inside. How many dogs are left at home when its outside hare, just ask Kev with Mad Mick I think he has a dog that excells at the inside and is worse than usless on the outside. Just an idea but one I hope the committe looks at.

oh well looks like ill be there with me boysp.s. whats the food like and beer thats my main worry phill

i have not been to askern for two years now. it is a good running serfice' the bar and food are similer to highgate. i think the track is better. the running serfice is very good. to me it is also an ideal whippet track because it is quite bendy. and because of this i am sure it will produce mixed race results.

nothing wrong with outside lure,why use inside lure then go to highgate and run outside, most dogs are used to outside lure now,plus theres less accidents,and injuries

happening with outside lure

im not convinced that there is less injuries on the outside lure when whippets are racing, one week they are on the straights then next the bends. Greyhounds run only on the bends. They are trained on the bends from day one. our whippets are expected to perform on every type of course from week to week. My main argument is that our whippets run to a large piece of rag with bright pieces of plastic flapping about on the staights, then next run they are expected to run to a little black thing the size of a coke can on the outside hare on the bends. Yes some dogs seem to do both well, but more than enough struggle to cope. My own dog Southern scott is a classic example, he runs the bend with his head all over the place not knowing what he is looking for which is more likely to cause injury to himself and other dogs than any straight race. Inside hare lets all straight dogs and bend dogs see the hare running from the same place as it does on the straight. give all dogs a chance thats my moto. :p

there's more room for dogs when hitting the first bend if lure is on the outside'

as for those who cant or wont chase the outside lure tough,you all take a lot of time schooling your dog's for straight racing,so why not spend some time schooling

them to an outside lure as well,they will soon get the idea,they aint daft or blind they know what they are running for ;)

he outside hare is better because the dogs dont loose sight of it. were as an inside hare , some dogs do lose sight of it on the bends. and askern is very bendy. lets face it ngrc is a multi million doller dog race sport,and they use outside hare.why?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back