The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Best Lure For Machine

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
easy mate just tie a wet teacloth to it and like somone said use the stop start on the switch method and dont use the old womens best towel good luck tom

I sent country Joe a lure I made.

Red and White barrier tape in lengths. Around 10-15 lengths. Small piece of rope tied onto it , bottle cap over the top and taped on.

Nice and light, makes a noise and works in all weather.

I've used a sandbag cut into shreds with a rabbit skin cable tied on to get the pup interested. Got a 5 month lurcher here. Always give her a 30 yard play run with the lure. Get her interested.

Started the whippet like that.

Sandbags are fine in dry weather but too heavy in the wet.

The barrier tape is overall the best and easiest.

Turns are made out of bike wheel hubs.

I dont know why you would want to slow a lure down, using a heavier lure is bad for the machine. this puts stress on the motor and wears it out. I just 'drive' mine, if you want it slower then just stop-start, there's a knack to it.

I have great fun with the dogs and mates with it.

It's never too early to get a pup interested, playing about with lure, little 10 yard jogs, build it up. Change lures all the time.

I've got around 10. All made in the same way. Sandbags, tape, rope, fox tails, combat trousers cut/ ripped and a lumi vest.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back