The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Best Stud Dog?

gerard

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just wanted to get everyones opinion on whats the best stud dog. something with early pace. hellbound? bigland boy? etc would love to hear everyones choice! :)

just wanted to get everyones opinion on whats the best stud dog. something with early pace. hellbound? bigland boy? etc would love to hear everyones choice! :)
the best one is the one thats top of stud list i would have thought ? :thumbsup: is it wor john then just friends second i think

Good :luck: in your choice there's plenty out there :thumbsup:

neils right, just look at the list or even better do some home work and try something new :thumbsup:

got to say NORTH TO SOUTH little used to date but what he has thrown are all doing great

Come on Karen gives you choice i know your is number 1 fan ??????( --------- )
Mmmmmmmm let me think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Ok Lyndon (Mick) just for you HELLBOUND all the way :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 14 consecutive titles,and boy can he produce a good un ;) I'm on commision now :-

Come on Karen gives you choice i know your is number 1 fan ??????( --------- )
Mmmmmmmm let me think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Ok Lyndon (Mick) just for you HELLBOUND all the way :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 14 consecutive titles,and boy can he produce a good un ;) I'm on commision now :-
That's better gaffer be sacking you as head of fan club but joking apart it what do want from stud dog big or small pups you pick stud dog on that reason but my tip for stud dog that may be use a lot at end year is kens boybelle handle weight not to big not to small be nice see what is pups run like in future good luck what ever you choice it's not easy game some times it pot luck

I would have thought it depended on the bitch. what qualities does she have? what is lacking? Look for a dog with the abilities she needs, don't be like the rest of the sheep, be willing to take a chance on less used dogs if they have whats needed and use your own judgement. There are many fine well bred dogs out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have thought it depended on the bitch. what qualities does she have? what is lacking? Look for a dog with the abilities she needs, don't be like the rest of the sheep, be willing to take a chance on less used dogs if they have whats needed and use your own judgement. There are many fine well bred dogs out there.

what about bigland boy has he thrown any good pups?

someone said the top of the stud dogs (points) will b the best. not neccasarlily true they may have had a lot more bitches than some with less points. im not disputing the fact that wor john produced some fantastic youngsters and had quite a few bitches but sadly is no longer with us. again just friends has also produced some fab litters but has now been retired from stud duties. i have a hellbound youngster which im very happy with and ive also got 2 jack the lad pups which im very happy with. north to south seems to be producing well. u cud have a look on the stud dog bit on here 2 c if theres any on there.wot bitch r u wanting to line? wot sizepups wud u like?

If you want to check out what a proven stud has thrown, check out BWRA database.

http://www.thebwra.co.uk/database.htm

However, ideally you look at your bitch, identify the flaws and look at whether a stud is able to improve these. IMO the only real way of knowing this is to be there watching the dog run and know the history of the potential stud and it's relatives.

However, ideally you look at your bitch, identify the flaws and look at whether a stud is able to improve these. IMO the only real way of knowing this is to be there watching the dog run and know the history of the potential stud and it's relatives.

This is what i said isn't it? sort of

This is what i said isn't it? sort of

what about bigland boy has he thrown any good pups?

He has thrown a few decent animals but you would have to take into consideration that he has greyhound 2 generations back so you need to be careful regarding breeding rules. (i think) What bitch are you thinking of mating? and for what purpose?breeding please

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are thinking of Bigland Boy and want a scratch dog i have his son Bigland Bailey up for stud some new bloodlines,good luck with what ever you pick :luck: :thumbsup:

Out of interest, does anyone know if " what's it all about" is available at stud or has anyone contact details for the owner?

You may want to keep an eye on the Rooster Booster Pups who will be on the track next year, looking good at the moment. Though this dog was retired early due to an injury he has thrown weights right across the board. He raced at 40lb and is very well bred. Gary Farmer breeding on both sides.

Good luck with whatever you go for :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back