The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bichon Frise warts

Welshcake

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Looking for help for our elderly Bichon, Flossie. She has about a dozen warts scattered over her body .. they itch and bleed .. can anyone help with a remedy ?

Welshcake

Have they been diagnosed by a vet as warts?

My cat had similar, and as he aged his occasionally bled too, I think because the circulation isn't so good. Unfortunately I'm no help whatsoever as they didn't bother him or require treatment. I wonder if dabbing with a well-diluted antiseptic like Hibiscrub would help?

Have they been diagnosed by a vet as warts?

My cat had similar, and as he aged his occasionally bled too, I think because the circulation isn't so good. Unfortunately I'm no help whatsoever as they didn't bother him or require treatment. I wonder if dabbing with a well-diluted antiseptic like Hibiscrub would help?
I put Sudacrem on them but would really like to get rid even if only temporarily.The vet has said he can remove them but no guarantee they wont come back .. dont really want to put her through a general anaesthetic

I wouldn't have thought warts would itch though.

I can't find any mention online of dogs' warts itching. Does she seem to find them itchy?

We had an elderly dog who over a few years managed to grow 12/13 warts, a couple of them grew to about the size of a LARGE pea with a cauliflower effect. These never itched while any of them were growing.:rolleyes:
We had them all removed by our vet when she was probably about 12 years of age. She was a people dog, she loved human contact and loved to be touched. Unfortunately no-one wanted to touch her with these unsightly warts on her head or body. She recovered from the removal without any problems and enjoyed the remainder of her life with people stroking and fussing her in a normal manner.
She was finally PTS at the age of 13/14.

A happy little dog. RIP "Mattie".

We had an elderly dog who over a few years managed to grow 12/13 warts, a couple of them grew to about the size of a LARGE pea with a cauliflower effect. These never itched while any of them were growing.:rolleyes:
We had them all removed by our vet when she was probably about 12 years of age. She was a people dog, she loved human contact and loved to be touched. Unfortunately no-one wanted to touch her with these unsightly warts on her head or body. She recovered from the removal without any problems and enjoyed the remainder of her life with people stroking and fussing her in a normal manner.
She was finally PTS at the age of 13/14.

A happy little dog. RIP "Mattie".

Thats the ones …like a cauliflower. Bichon tend to be quite itchy dogs so maybe Flossie is more effected than most ..our 15 year old terrier has a couple and never scratches them. We dont want to risk a general anaesthetic..Floss is also 15

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back