The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BIG championship shows

Rachel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've just recieved my Southern Counties pass.  This will be my first all breed champ show and will also be my first outdoor show so it's all new to me - two questions:

If the weather is cold is it acceptable to take a coat into the ring whilst waiting to be judged?

If the weather is hot should you attempt to stop your dog panting when it is stacked?  can you take water or a cool towel into the ring?

Ooops - just thought of another question - can you use your dog cage onthe bench or does your dog have to lie within the bench on a benching chain (is this just a chain with two clips on each end?)

Any other tips on things to take that I might not think of  ???

Rachel (I must think calm thoughts)  
sprachlos006.gif

Hi Rachel,  I take it you mean a coat for your dog in the ring?  Its not often seen, I think because sometimes the judge looks back at dogs hes been over to see them standing naturally (sneaky!).

If its really hot yes cover her back with a damp towel if she feels the heat, I always think if my dog is hot and uncomfortable fixing that is far more important than any prize it may win.

You can put your cage on the bench, and if your dog has not been benched before this may be a good idea for both of you or yes a double ended benching chain.

Anything else?  I saw some people a few years back with wrought iron garden furniture having their lunch in the benching area while I ate my crisps!!

Kitchen towel is good and wet wipes, wellies in the car and an extra jumper oh and a thin t shirt and and and ???

You're right there Karen..........the more years you show........the more stuff you take.............give it a few more years and there will be no room in the car for the dogs LOL

Best of luck at the show Rachel. Just try and relax and enjoy.

Hope you like airplanes.......they are one of the main attractions at that show..........I will be there with my ear plugs LOL

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back