The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bitches Faster Than Dogs??

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
IVE BEEN TALKING TO JOHNNY STAYTE AND HE MADE A GOOD POINT IN THAT IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER NOW WHETHER YOU GET A DOG OR BITCH BECAUSE THE VAST MAJORITY OF OPENS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE DOG AND BITCHES SEPERATE.IF THERE IS A RUN OFF THE DOG IS SELDOM FAVOURITE SO ITS A REALLY NICE SUPRISE IF HE WINS.GOING BACK TO 150 YARDS BEING THE IDEAL DISTANCE AND THE OPINIONS PUT BY NUBIAN.ITS HISTORICAL OUR SPORT WAS ORIGINALLY INTRODUCED BY THE MINING COMMUNITY AND BEFORE THEY HAD THE LUXURY OF TRAPS THE WHIPPETS WHERE THROWN BY THERE OWNERS OR CLUB SLIPPERS.THE DOGS BEING SMALLER LENT ITSELF TO DISTANCES OF 130 MANY 140 AND 150 YARDS.THE BIGGER WHIPPETS HAVE ONLY REALLY COME TO THE FRONT SINCE THE 1970S WITH 14 OR 15 LBS WHIPPETS BEING COMMONPLACE RATHER THAN THE EXCEPTION.THIS IS A REALLY GREAT SPORT TO BE INVOLVED IN AND I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE A SON NUBIAN I HOPE YOU FIND ITS A REAL FAMILY AFFAIR.
Excellent points Robpoole. I appreciate the historical context you have given me.

Having said that though and especially with non-peds being bigger is it not time some serious thought was given to upping the distance a tad?
it's like what was said in a previous post not every club can get the extra distance,and personally i think 150/165 straight and approx 240mts bends is far enough. ;)
AGREE WITH YOU PLENTY FAR ENOUGH :thumbsup:

Back on topic

Personally the dogs Ive seen over the years that are as fast or faster than the bitches have no testicles

born with out them ...so to say

Back on topic Personally the dogs Ive seen over the years that are as fast or faster than the bitches have no testicles

HOPE YOURE WRIGHT JUST HAD MY DOGS OFF :luck:

Back on topic Personally the dogs Ive seen over the years that are as fast or faster than the bitches have no testicles

HOPE YOURE WRIGHT JUST HAD MY DOGS OFF :luck:
Sorry i didn't mean dogs that had there man hood surgically removed , i meant dogs that were born naturally without them

Having said that though and especially with non-peds being bigger is it not time some serious thought was given to upping the distance a tad?
It depends on whether the organisations would wish to continue whippet racing, breeding bigger has it's disadvantages especially from a genetic aspect as at some point the dogs cease to be whippets and become greyhounds. (where this point is exactly cannot be determined by a genetecist so it should be down to the organisations to use their experience and discretion to maintain the whippet 'form')

Another minefield that would develop would be that individuals would then start campaigning for larger traps to accomodate these big dogs.

There is (apparently) a valid reason why bitches run faster than dogs in relation to weight, I'll ask Tony to post as it's his observations and not my own.

It depends on whether the organisations would wish to continue whippet racing, breeding bigger has it's disadvantages especially from a genetic aspect as at some point the dogs cease to be whippets and become greyhounds. (where this point is exactly cannot be determined by a genetecist so it should be down to the organisations to use their experience and discretion to maintain the whippet 'form')

Another minefield that would develop would be that individuals would then start campaigning for larger traps to accomodate these big dogs.

There is (apparently) a valid reason why bitches run faster than dogs in relation to weight, I'll ask Tony to post as it's his observations and not my own.
I look forward to the response, can't guarantee I'll understand all the science behind it (as I'm sure there'll be some) but if Tony has a few links or a search I can run to find out even more info they would be gratefully received. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back