The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bleeding After Mating

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:cheers:

Wonderful news. Keep us updated on how she is going. And puppy photo's. Jill :teehee:

Hannah, when we've both got our pups can I bring mine down to play with yours and you can baby sit! :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Roberts said:
Hannah, when we've both got our pups can I bring mine down to play with yours and you can baby sit!  :- "
(w00t) .......You only want to do this so you can mix em up, and steal the black girl that i've ordered from Inca :- " :lol:

Strike Whippets said:
Just over 2 weeks ago Inca was mated ..........Her season then came to an end about a week after the 2nd mating took place.

hi there i am sorry dont no much about this myself but is it normal for a bitch to bleed for a week after the mating cus my bitch is still bleeding its not been a week yet but its still heavy not brow and we no she ovulated :b

this happed to mini and she went on to have 9 lovely babbies ;) good luck :luck:

hi there new to this can anyone help mated my bitch last wednesday and friday she is still in season is this normal is this what happend to your dog?

poppyandava said:
is this the right area to post a question sorry if not everyone :oops:

Inca took nearly a week to completely finish her season after being mated :) ........ This is an old thread and even after spotting etc ....She produced the most beautiful litter of 5 pups :D ....... :luck: ....I think we worry more than the bitch does as it comes naturally for them ;) ......If this is your first litter please note that some bitches (like us humans) can have cravings ......I was never told this and pulled my hair out when Inca wouldn't eat ANYTHING :eek: .......Eventually in desperation I went to Tesco's and brought everything from canned fish, cat food, dog food etc .... Inca went through box after box of dentastix's :blink: ......and Tesco's finest foil packs of dog meat :rolleyes: ......Her following litter all she'd eat was raw tripe that I had to add supplements to due to its lack of nutritional value ..... :luck: :luck:

hi there thanks so much for answering my question yes we do worry much more and ive already made that trip to sainburys and tryed her on oily fish and all that. at the momment she rather likes puppy food thank goodness.

i have to admit to you that ava my bitch is a standard poodle this was the only place on internet i could find a topic relating to bleeding in pregnant bitches :) thanks again you have realy helped put my mind at rest also i have a couple of frends who are vets and they could not ansewer this question thanks

OMG, that is an old thread! But can be helpful so I continue here too. :)

My Whippet bitches also do not eat for a while in the early pregnancy. With my first litter the mum to be did not want to touch anything, in the end she would agree to eat lamb fillet, but only if i hand fed it to her, cut in thin strips and while she was in my bed under the doona. :- " :b

With my consecutive litters I decided that I am not going to pamper her as much. I just make sure my bitches carry plenty of condition (without being overweight) before I mate them, and when they stop eating I let them be. I assume they have a "morning" sickness and they start eating when they feel better, not because i offer them something they crave.

One of my bitches bled for 4 weeks after end of her season and the vet did not give me much chance of her being pregnant. She had 7 pups :) So do not worry poppyandava there is every chance everything will be fine. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
my bitch was only off her food for about 1 day just after mateing i think it was just stress. she is now eating well i am trying to give her loads of good food. she is still trying to mate with am us :- " this only started this season but she is still horny dont no what to think. she is also sleeping very deeply -_-

When a bitch has been mated it does not mean that she will finish her season the very next day.

Normal seasons with no matings take 3 weeks or so, sometimes bitches do finish slightly sooner when mated but only a couple of days.

I know each bitch veries but all the bitches I have had pups from have gone the usual 3 weeks season.

thats grate to hear i am just going to have to keep my fingers crossed. we have now got to wate a couple of weeks for a scan. we tryed breeding her last season but the boy just seemed to short anyway we enden up having her ai ed we were so excited when she had a scan there was nothing. anyway this time it was natural and they tied 2 days apart we no she was ovulating cus we had blood work done this time she was ready in her self i think anyway ive been so so anxious worrying about this bleeding you have put my mind at rest

Just bumping this up again to ask if anyone knows please ........

Does bleeding go with lines ?? .....Incas daughter was mated nearly 2 weeks ago and is now spotting (just like her mum did :rolleyes: ).....Theres no temp and I did have her on a low dose of AB's for a week before she was mated to (hopefully) make sure she was "clean" .....

Hi, I don't personally think it runs in lines as our bithc Sammy spotted at about 3 weeks into whelp, she went ahead and produced 10 lovely puppies, her mum and half sister have bothhad litters but neither of them spotted. Mim

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back