The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Boarding And Kennels

~Helen~ said:
New FAQ topic prompted by a recent thread. Please feel free to contribute :thumbsup: FAQ boarding topic click here and add

Hi Folks,

Last year was not a good year for me Health wise which I have been critised for and stopped buying a new puppy from abroad by so called nice show people, so by the time the Winter months came around my wife and family decided I needed a holiday in the Sun. I must admit it was very good for me and this was the first time I put my boys and girls in Kennels. I checked them out first They had solid roofs on and were surrounded by 12 foot high fencing with a large paddock for them to have a run. There was one very large kennel that had heat lamps in it but the room it's self was quite large. I was not bothered about the Shepherds I left it was my Whippets. I asked all sorts of questions, and thought all was well. Right off we went to the Sun but it forgot to come those 2 weeks and even though I left their coats on when I got back home I was greeted with all sorts of problems. It got very cold at night and they just lost so much weight and one Barney had to go into the house as he couldn't stand the cold Even though they had heat lamps on I think the room was too big for the lamps to keep them warm. So just make sure if it's winter they have enough heat for the room they are in. I think I'll give the Winter months a miss in future. Usually I spend time away on my boat and take them with me. that way they are nice and warm under the blankets in the fwd berth lol. Have you ever seen a whippet stood at the bows of a Boat looking into the distance. It's a beautiful sight.

Mike

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back