The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Boots

carenza

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Anyone got any experience of/recommendations for wippitt boots?

What a great idea :D I could do with a soft pair to stop Grace scratching me with her nails at night - whippet bedsocks :lol:

made my lily a pair of these as she scratches lumps out of me in bed il get pic up later of them :D

made my lily a pair of these as she scratches lumps out of me in bed il get pic up later of them :D
Brilliant, you are clever Nicky. Do they stay on well? Any chance of you making me some whippet sized ones?

Brilliant, you are clever Nicky. Do they stay on well? Any chance of you making me some whippet sized ones?
yes they do as iv put velcro on them to keep them in place lol get some pics up soon and il make tia a pair see how a bigger pair turns out :D

I guess it depends what you want boots for. Jess has bad corns on both her front feet so I use Therapaw boots which are really hard wearing and very padded and comfortable for her.

http://www.animalrehab.co.uk/animalrehab/thera-paw.htm

Someone stopped me the other day to ask where she could get some 'designer trainers like that' for her dog :lol:

I guess it depends what you want boots for. Jess has bad corns on both her front feet so I use Therapaw boots which are really hard wearing and very padded and comfortable for her.
http://www.animalrehab.co.uk/animalrehab/thera-paw.htm
Not as bedsocks! He gets friction burns a lot on the skin between the pads and when it's icy he slices his skin open. Yesterday it was across the pad. Very frustrating for the poor lad as it's back to leash walks till it heals up.

I have a bag full of dog boots, in all different sizes, some are suede with fleece lining and others are like a kinda fake leather. Ive got loads spare if anyone wants some, i use them if any of my dogs cut their pads and need to keep the pad clean and covered.

No whippet would need boots if they were exercised correctly. My vixen was running on plough,snow and ice yesterday with no ill effects what so ever... Road walking hardens there feet.... whatever next.....

No whippet would need boots if they were exercised correctly. My vixen was running on plough,snow and ice yesterday with no ill effects what so ever... Road walking hardens there feet.... whatever next.....
I must be exercising 2 out of my 7 wrong then Mally coz Hubble my non-ped and Alby my peddie both often suffer with grazed or cut pads, sore stoppers/ toes or quicks. The other 5 , never seem to have a problem, touch wood.

I must be exercising 2 out of my 7 wrong then Mally coz Hubble my non-ped and Alby my peddie both often suffer with grazed or cut pads, sore stoppers/ toes or quicks. The other 5 , never seem to have a problem, touch wood.
I've never had a whippet suffer from sore pads, and my dogs are chasing on the plough and snow. 4-5 miles a day road walking does wonders for there feet and pads....

If you start using 'dog boots' your just going to make the dogs feet softer!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you suggest for a dog with painful corns Mally? I hull out the corns regularly but that lasts no time at all, Jess is limping again in a few days. I'd love to manage without boots, as you say they do soften the feet and mean her nails have to be trimmed about every 10 seconds, but they are the only thing I've found that keep her comfortable on hard ground.

Thanks, but I was looking for some recommendations, not criticism. My other whippet has no problems and does exactly the same exercise in the same places at the same times with no problems. None of my other previous dogs has ever had this problem either. They do road work as well as free running on grass. It just seems a specific problem for him, he injures his feet easily. Thanks everyone else though for the rather more helpful suggestions.

Eskil hurts his pads from time to time, and being an urban dog most of the time all he does is road walking. when we had snow in Feb he grazed them pretty bad when running for hours in the snow.

Thanks, but I was looking for some recommendations, not criticism. My other whippet has no problems and does exactly the same exercise in the same places at the same times with no problems. None of my other previous dogs has ever had this problem either. They do road work as well as free running on grass. It just seems a specific problem for him, he injures his feet easily. Thanks everyone else though for the rather more helpful suggestions.
does he have white feet? I know it sounds funny but all my dogs get the same exercise but its only the 2 boys with white feet that seem to have problems. My dogs get 40 minute road walk, free running or bike aswell everyday. All the dogs do the same. Oh, they have dog walker too that i use a couple of times a week on top of the other exercise.

does he have white feet? I know it sounds funny but all my dogs get the same exercise but its only the 2 boys with white feet that seem to have problems. My dogs get 40 minute road walk, free running or bike aswell everyday. All the dogs do the same. Oh, they have dog walker too that i use a couple of times a week on top of the other exercise.
Yes he does! and white nails. maybe it's like horse's feet, hadn't made the connection till you pointed it out!

Yes he does! and white nails. maybe it's like horse's feet, hadn't made the connection till you pointed it out!
If ya wanna try these boots pm me your address and i'll post you some. I only used them indoors really to stop the dog licking the wound and removing the dressing. They both seem to ignore the boot but if i leave them with just a dressing they are forever taking it off!

Last edited by a moderator:
If ya wanna try these boots pm me your address and i'll post you some. I only used them indoors really to stop the dog licking the wound and removing the dressing. They both seem to ignore the boot but if i leave them with just a dressing they are forever taking it off!
Oh thats very kind of you! I've already ordered some though, but thanks! :flowers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back