The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Border Collie Puppy - best food

Kirsti

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all,

hope you can help!

I have a 13 week old border collie puppy and am struggling to get her to eat!

she isn't un well, had her checked out, just think she's fussy!

she is currently on Harringtons kibble.

could anyone recommend what to feed her??

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8932.png
    IMG_8932.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 372
Have a look at www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk

It is an independent dog food comparison website which scores foods on a scale of 0 to 5. You can set filters for your dog's weight, age etc and choose to view only the foods scoring, say, 4 and above. Then you can show them listed according to daily feeding cost so you can see what gives you best value for money.

It includes dry, wet and raw options.

In my opinion, raw is the best diet, and even the fussiest of eaters tend to love it (there's always the odd exception). It's also MUCH easier than people think it will be!

Many years ago, probably 40, we had a border collie puppy (my husbands) who just did not like eating and was like a walking skeleton. We discovered quiet by accident that she liked whole wild rabbits, we made every effort to catch wild rabbits for her and fed these each day, in quiet a short time she was putting on weight.

Could you offer some raw meats or change to raw feeding, you can do it very quickly without any upsets.
As mentioned above it is an easy way to feed, there is no need for a balanced meal every day, just feed loads of variety, meat, and bones, various offal, chunky or minced meats with skin, fat and gristle included. This will balance itself over a period of a few weeks.

Last edited:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back