The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bournemouth

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:D Thanks everyone, its was Tillys second show, she made her first apperance at the Hound show where she was unplaced.

As you can imagine I was well pleased yesterday, she behaved pretty well, wasn't to sure about being in a tent (good old british weather) but then she is only a baby bless :wub:

Well done to all the other K9 ers who did well :cheers:

Well done to the whippet K9ers.

I have to say that that Alfie and I did absolutely nothing in the IGs, the worst ever this year I think. I was 4th out of 4 with George and both Alice and Shelley were unplaced and boy did it rain. Didnt even get a chance to redeem ourselves in the stakes classes

The only good thing is I found a way out of Lyndhurst which avoided the last and worst bit of the traffic and saw parts of the forest I havent seen before :D

Once clear of the forest had a great run home through the now opened bit of the A34 at Newbury which was great.

Just to say the Bournemouth judge for us was one of our better hopes :oops: God help us for the rest of the year then. ;)

Oh, shame it wasn't such a good day for the K9 IGs, better luck next time.

Jax, thanks for the news about Karen, I have been missing all the pictures of the delectable Polly, but hope to see her at Richmond. :wub:

Millie - Tilly looks scrumptious!! :huggles:

Wendy said:
Jax had a good day - finally got to meet her.  She got almost a full set of cards!
Is that another way of saying.........strawberry short of a punnet. Or a sandwich short of a picnic???????????????

Yes Well Done to all K9'ers :D Some pretty fab results :thumbsup:

Thanks Jax for the Karen update, I was wondering.... but thought maybe she was on a long summer holiday - obviously not that exciting! Can't wait for Richmond now - and see the lovely Polly-esther :wub:

Jan Doherty said:
The only good thing is I found a way out of Lyndhurst which avoided the last and worst bit of the traffic and saw parts of the forest I havent seen before :D
Jan,

I used to live on the New Forest boundary when I was a kid. You could queue for miles trying to get through Lyndhurst on a Sunday/Saturday in high tourist season. I remember many a day sitting in the sweltering heat of the car queing after a day out in the Forest.

Did you end up going through Minstead?

Commiserations over not winning anything this time around.

JAX said:
Good job I wasnt in post grad , cos as things were going I should have won it !!! ;)  
Why waste money entering in all those classes? :(

Just send in a entry for the CC. :oops:

Jax got a VHC in her first class, then 3rd, then 2nd - she's right - she should have won PG if she'd entered LOL.

WEndy

Zephyr said:
Oh, shame it wasn't such a good day for the K9 IGs, better luck next time.
Jax, thanks for the news about Karen, I have been missing all the pictures of the delectable Polly, but hope to see her at Richmond. :wub:

Millie - Tilly looks scrumptious!! :huggles:
Isn't that a lovely comment, I wish I'd thought of it.

Jenny

But nobody has mentioned my Hippopotawhippet, Bertha!!! Has she become invisible???

She was 4th in the huge puppy bitch class just in front of Jax' Mikkee and then she took 2nd in the Pet Plan Junior bitch stakes and won £20!!! (And beating our BPIB, I might say, who was not placed). Not bad for only her second show, methinks!!!

Sorry Dessie,

I spent ages reading the Highampress so very sorry I missed it. I was coming to watch whippets being judged but because of staffing problems I had to work.

I've bought a digital camera so I could have captured your moment for all to see.

Belated congratulations to Bertha.

Jenny

:D Well done Bertha...... She did very well and Dessie was well pleased with her £20 ...... Bertie told me she wants a brand new collar Dessie, a real strong one cos she loves to pull LOL :D

[SIZE=14pt]WELL DONE EVERYONE![/SIZE] I can't quite work out who's won what - but it sounds like you all did brilliantly!!!! :D :D :D

>and a 4th in Puppy B for Dessie whose name seemed to crop up all over the place. I bet that your journey home was a very jolly one.

I did mention her Dessie. Just your name cropped up all over the place. You must have been placed with all of your whippets.

Well done with the stakes class too. Those classes are huge.

Nicola said:
Did you end up going through Minstead?
Yep, Minstead it was on a wing and a prayer and a good sense of direction :- "

Dont mind about not being placed but not to be able to shop as well it was all too much :wacko:

Millie said:
:D Well done Bertha......  She did very well and Dessie was well pleased with her £20 ...... Bertie told me she wants a brand new collar Dessie, a real strong one cos she loves to pull LOL  :D
Bertie would probably have had a new collar except all the stalls were shut by the time we had finished at the Stakes ring!!!

That man with the GORGEOUS snakeskin etc collars was allegedly there again ......................[SIZE=21pt]DAMN![/SIZE] :rant: :rant:

Yes, Beejay, we had a very good day, all the dogs were placed, Rupert was REALLY on song, wasn't he Millie? TJ I was very, very pleased with ........ still a bit anxious but he moved well, Bertha I was chuffed with, only Aimee (who got a VHC) I was disappointed about. She is such a lovely, sound, well constructed bitch, IMO, and I get very frustrated when she is down the line. to the point when I will probably not bother to show her much longer because it annoys me so much.

dessie said:
That man with the GORGEOUS snakeskin etc collars was allegedly there again ......................[SIZE=21pt]DAMN![/SIZE] :rant:   :rant:
Yes he was :wub:

Wendy

From someone who has been told that I never have a good word to say about any dogs. :(

I will say this, read it carefully. I will only say it once. "I think Bertha, does not look all that bad. Quite good in fact"

THERE, SAID IT :teehee: :teehee:

Phew! And I bet you're exhausted after that effort too Cartman! :teehee:

BERTHA is very nice :wub:

CONGRATULATIONS DESSIE !!! :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back