The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bournemouth

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lea, where abouts in Russia do you and Olga live ?

Why will showing your next whippet be a problem ? Have you ever shown Olga ? What dogs/bitches are in her pedigree ?

Have you got another whippet lined up ?

Lyd

Lydia, I will try my best to answer to all your questions:

- I live in Moscow

- My OLGA was my 18th's birthday gift, she was bred by some friends of my parents, I only know that her mother "MICHA" came from Germany, and those friends told me she was very well bred but they moved to Germany and I have no news for ages

-I only showed her twice when OLGA was young

-I have no other whippets :(

-I think that showing seems to be difficult because it needs time ( soon I will have two children) and that you must have a very strong character to support bad critics of judges :rant: and for my who is not an expert my bitch will always ( and also the next) be the most beautifull in my heart :wub: :wub: :wub:

At the end of every show day, Lea, no matter what the results, we ALL take the best whippet home, because it's OURS. :p

It's not hard to take the good with the bad in showing - you just have to keep reminding yourself that people are HUMAN - they will make mistakes, they be will extremely competitive, some may even be nasty, some will orchestrate their wins, they will interpret standards differently, they will have different beliefs. But what matters is that you enjoy what you do and that you love your dogs, and that you enjoy the company you keep at shows. Winning is certainly wonderful but it IS true that it is not everything.

aslan said:
At the end of every show day, Lea, no matter what the results, we ALL take the best whippet home, because it's OURS.  :p
It's not hard to take the good with the bad in showing - you just have to keep reminding yourself that people are HUMAN - they will make mistakes, they be will extremely competitive,  some may even be nasty, some will orchestrate their wins, they will interpret standards differently, they will have different beliefs.  But what matters is that you enjoy what you do and that you love your dogs, and that you enjoy the company you keep at shows.  Winning is certainly wonderful but it IS true that it is not everything.
LANA: tha

:oops: I DID IT AGAIN :teehee: :teehee: :lol: :lol:

As you've certainly guessed I'm not a pro with using a computer :blink: :wacko:

Thank you very much for all your good advices LANA :thumbsup: I will really think about it :)

Maybe I will try to show my next whip :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back