Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Boycott Lush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lal

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
LUSH support the Hunt Saboteurs Association. Boycott LUSH if you believe in hunting!

Just thought that I would let you know about a company called Lush who make toiletries. They are bringing out a bubble bath this year called Fabulous Mrs Fox with proceeds going to the Hunt Sabs Association. Please do not buy this product for loved ones this Christmas!!. The letter below was written by Lush Customer Care and it just sums up their attitude.

Dear David,

Thank you for your recent email. I would like to take this opportunity to explain why we are supporting the Hunt Saboteurs Association, who will directly receive the proceeds from our Fabulous Mrs Fox bubble bar up until and including Boxing Day.

In February 2005, hunting with hounds was made illegal in England and Wales (Scotland having done so a number of years previously). Sadly, despite being supported by more than 80% of the population and after more than 5 years of this ban being in place, hunts right across the country continue to illegally cause untold suffering to animals in the name of sport.

When we first met The Hunt Saboteurs Association, we were very touched when they told us that when the legislation had been passed they had felt huge relief that they would finally be able to retire from the field now that the law would now be protecting our wildlife, but that the sad reality was that they had seen hunts continue in much the same numbers because police forces seemed reluctant to attend and enforce the ban. So they have had to continue to go out week after week, collecting evidence and filming the hunts. They tell us that as long as the Law is not enforced through the courts, they will be out on the fields of Britain, monitoring the hunts and using tried and tested non-violent tactics to get between the fox and the hounds whenever they can. They don't want to be there, but they can see that nobody else is doing the job.

We feel that it is disgraceful that the Hunt Saboteurs Association, a volunteer organisation, are the only people trying to enforce a ban that was passed into Law not just by a majority in Parliament, but with overwhelming support from the majority of the British public. We also believe that this majority think that hunting has ceased now that it is against the law. Sadly this is not the case and we believe the public should have the right to know.

Lush is proud to be associated with the Hunt Saboteurs Association who show the tenacity and bravery to uphold a law that our own police force and government seem reluctant to enforce, despite strong and continued support for the ban from the British public.

We welcome and value feedback from all our customers, so thank you for getting in touch with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Campaigns team for future consideration.

Kind regards,

Vicky Jansson

Lush Customer Care

Lush Retail Ltd

T: 01202 667830

I heard about this a while ago, outrageous really that a so-called legitimate company can openly support a terrorist organisation like the hsa. but that`s our wonderful country for you

why do you think hunt sabs are terrorists? :wacko:

wouldnt the police arrest them if they were terrorists?if you know of people who are terrorists surely its your duty to report them to the police? :thumbsup:

i think its outrageous that people are still breaking the law that was passed by the government with the support of the vast majority of the people of this country who find foxhunting totally abhorrent.

well done to LUSH for supporting this i think its wonderful of them to make a stand for what they believe in as a non animal testing company i applaud them :)

why do you think hunt sabs are terrorists? :wacko: wouldnt the police arrest them if they were terrorists?if you know of people who are terrorists surely its your duty to report them to the police? :thumbsup:

i think its outrageous that people are still breaking the law that was passed by the government with the support of the vast majority of the people of this country who find foxhunting totally abhorrent.

well done to LUSH for supporting this i think its wonderful of them to make a stand for what they believe in as a non animal testing company i applaud them :)
Hunt sabs are terrorists because they prevent people from taking part in a law-abiding activity , which the hunts now do, ie exercising the hounds

You only have to look at their website to get a taste of what these people are capable of the hunting community have never killed an anti who was protesting yet a hunt supporter was killed by an anti on a gyrocopter and he got away with it.The aniaml rights movement as a whole are terrorists funded by misguided individuals like yourself .

BTW the hunting act will son be history once the Repeal Act is passed , so it will be back to business as usual , I can almost feel the cold wind on the Withins at Altcar already, 2011 Waterloo Cup , it is a real possibility :thumbsup:

BTW the hunting act will son be history once the Repeal Act is passed , so it will be back to business as usual , I can almost feel the cold wind on the Withins at Altcar already, 2011 Waterloo Cup , it is a real possibility

ha!ha!dream on!do you honestly think the conservatives will endanger the support from the britsh majority just to please a few hooray henrys who like to ride across the country killing foxes for fun? :D wake up.it aint gonna happen!

Hunt sabs are terrorists because they prevent people from taking part in a law-abiding activity , which the hunts now do, ie exercising the hounds

the animal rights movement as a whole are terrorists funded by misguided individuals like yourself

these are false and irrational statements with no basis of fact to support it ;)

as for the so called 'murder' youre on about if it was a murder why did the murderer get away with it? :blink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/cri...-supporter.html

ive been on a few sab sites and have to say the links they post showing videos of hunt supporters attacking women,pensioners and other individuals with sticks,whips and clubs speak volumes for the so called law abiding individuals they are and the respect they have for the law :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW the hunting act will son be history once the Repeal Act is passed , so it will be back to business as usual , I can almost feel the cold wind on the Withins at Altcar already, 2011 Waterloo Cup , it is a real possibility
Lets hope.

ha!ha!dream on!do you honestly think the conservatives will endanger the support from the britsh majority just to please a few hooray henrys who like to ride across the country killing foxes for fun? :D wake up.it aint gonna happen!

the animal rights movement as a whole are terrorists funded by misguided individuals like yourself

these are false and irrational statements with no basis of fact to support it ;)

as for the so called 'murder' youre on about if it was a murder why did the murderer get away with it? :blink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/cri...-supporter.html

ive been on a few sab sites and have to say the links they post showing videos of hunt supporters attacking women,pensioners and other individuals with sticks,whips and clubs speak volumes for the so called law abiding individuals they are and the respect they have for the law :thumbsup:
I didn't start this thread to debate the rights and wrongs of foxhunting, I simply wanted to remind people that Lush have openly stated their support for the Hunt Saboteurs Association and, as per the original press release from the Countryside Alliance, then it is up to the individual to decide if they choose to boycott Lush.

As for the sab sites, there are also many 'pro-hunting' sites which also show extreme violence against hunt supporters and, on occasion, violence towards both horses and hounds. Let's not forget though, on both sides, these are often short video clips which with clever editing in some cases do not show the full story.

:thumbsup:

yes i know what you mean about 'clever editing'thats why i like to see vids that show whats going on from start to finish that way you can judge for yourself exactly who is acting in a violent and aggressive manner and who is doing the provoking. :thumbsup: i mean why would you attack people and try to take a camera from them if youre not doing anything wrong?as far as i can see the only reason people would attack someone in such an aggessive manner is if they have something to hide ;)

Thanks for alerting me to this, I will always get my toiletries from LUSH from now on. What a fab company.

Long live the ban

Thanks for alerting me to this, I will always get my toiletries from LUSH from now on. What a fab company.
Long live the ban
next year they are running a campaign to stop the cruel sport of horse racing you know defenceless horses being whipped with 8 stone on their backs 100's dying on the tracks every year i'm sure you will support them :-

Long live the ban
next year they are running a campaign to stop the cruel sport of horse racing you know defenceless horses being whipped with 8 stone on their backs 100's dying on the tracks every year i'm sure you will support them :-
Yes I will actually.

all these crackpot organisations.

I wonder how many support P.E.T.A and their aims? i wonder how many will support them when they get to the bit where they campaign to stop ANY animal being kept as a pet? fish/cage bird dogs YES DOGS

time to wake up and stop supporting these crack pots before its to late.

Long live the ban
Yes I will actually.
How can you say that when you make a living from racing, Debryshire Racing??

why do you think hunt sabs are terrorists? :wacko: wouldnt the police arrest them if they were terrorists?if you know of people who are terrorists surely its your duty to report them to the police? :thumbsup:

Meeka I am sorry to say these people are terrorists. Before the ban my freind who was whipping in to the hunt was dragged from his horse and beaten up so badly he ended up in hospital, all this for persuing a legal pastime. The hunts now hunt a drag and are also hunting within the law by using only 2 hounds and yet these people still persist in terrorising law abiding citizens. I have seen them spitting in the faces of young children and abusing women and OAP's surely it is not right. The police usually turn a blind eye to these incidents because they don't want to get involved. Lush should rightly be condemned for supporting this group.

Sharon

all these crackpot organisations.
I wonder how many support P.E.T.A and their aims? i wonder how many will support them when they get to the bit where they campaign to stop ANY animal being kept as a pet? fish/cage bird dogs YES DOGS

time to wake up and stop supporting these crack pots before its to late.
Hear Hear Mark :thumbsup:

Long live the ban
Yes I will actually.
How can you say that when you make a living from racing, Debryshire Racing??

Derbyshire Racing is nothing to do with me - anyway, who told you that the manager of DR "makes a living" out of it ?

Meeka I am sorry to say these people are terrorists. Before the ban my freind who was whipping in to the hunt was dragged from his horse and beaten up so badly he ended up in hospital, all this for persuing a legal pastime. The hunts now hunt a drag and are also hunting within the law by using only 2 hounds and yet these people still persist in terrorising law abiding citizens. I have seen them spitting in the faces of young children and abusing women and OAP's surely it is not right. The police usually turn a blind eye to these incidents because they don't want to get involved. Lush should rightly be condemned for supporting this group.

Sharon

if you can only cite one example of this sort of thing then sorry i can beat you hands down and these are cases that have actually been tried in court not just hearsay.ive thousands more if youd like to see just what nice law abiding people pro hunt supporters are,everything from terrier men to huntsmen and farmers who have been done for cruelty and are hunt supporters too.just take a look at this little lot :thumbsup:

click on VERMIN

http://www.nwhsa.org.uk/

and again ill say if these people arent doing anything wrong then why are they so violent towards people who are taking pictures of what they are up to?surely the best defence would be to let them take as many pics as they want because they arent doing anything wrong?at least thats what any normal intelligent rational person would do.

Lush arent stupid theyre a highly successful and profitable company who have their finger on the pulse of the publics opinion and any company making such a stance about this know exactly that they have the vast support of the great british public or they wouldnt dream of ruining their business by doing so. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharon

if you can only cite one example of this sort of thing then sorry i can beat you hands down and these are cases that have actually been tried in court not just hearsay.ive thousands more if youd like to see just what nice law abiding people pro hunt supporters are,everything from terrier men to huntsmen and farmers who have been done for cruelty and are hunt supporters too.just take a look at this little lot :thumbsup:

click on VERMIN

http://www.nwhsa.org.uk/

and again ill say if these people arent doing anything wrong then why are they so violent towards people who are taking pictures of what they are up to?surely the best defence would be to let them take as many pics as they want because they arent doing anything wrong?at least thats what any normal intelligent rational person would do.

Lush arent stupid theyre a highly successful and profitable company who have their finger on the pulse of the publics opinion and any company making such a stance about this know exactly that they have the vast support of the great british public or they wouldnt dream of ruining their business by doing so. ;)

Absolutely !!!

Question: what happens to foxhounds too old to keep up with the pack????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back