The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Brilliant fundraising idea

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The Lurcker Link rescue organisation recently held a fundraiser I took part in. People paid £15 and posted a photo of their dog(s). Others volunteered to create artworks of the dogs - artists and donators were matched at random. The 'artists' ranged from real professional artists to someone's 6-year-old child, and included 'good amateurs' and people with skills like mine, where you'd be lucky if the completed picture was even recognisable as a dog (no, I didn't volunteer!).

The anticiaption as you waited for your portrait to arrive was incredible - after all, we're all short of a bit of excitement right now! Today, finally, my picture arrived:

49882621497_c96c170a6a_c.jpg

I'm really pleased with it, and can't wait to get it mounted and framed. They've really caught Jasper's expression :)

@JudyN.... at last,I've been waiting to see Jasper in all his glory. It's been a brilliant way to raise funds. Must admit I've been looking every day as they have been rolling in. I bet you are well chuffed with this piece of art.
I hope they do turn them into a calendar for next year if everyone agrees.
Well done to everyone who took part and well done Lurcher Link.

That is a beautiful work of art congratulations to Lurcher Link for a fantastic and worth while cause.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back