The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra.andy Patterson And Puppy Champs.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
here is the results of the finals

BITCH FINALS

R Show girl 27

B Spiders legacy 1st

W Life on mars

DOG FINALS

R Lucky darling 1st

B Blue darling

W Up 4 north

B Hook line&tinker

VETS FINAL

R Dj darling

B Branco

W Mockachio 1st

SUP SCR

R King louis

B Stay out 1st

W Citizen Smiff

SUP PUPPY

R Whats a dream 1st

B Northern soul

SUP YEARLING

R Viv's Starlight

B Come on bess

Andy Patterson Memorial Supreme

R Lucky daring 2nd

B Spiders legacy 1st

hope this is right,

well done to all winners

jane

from what i was told there was only 17 pups eligable to race in the puppy champs so even if all 17 turned up its not what you would call a good turn out so think maybe we have to look at a change in the format for pups and yearling champs, think we also have to look at 2 / 3 years ago when this event was hold at manton club and over 100 dogs raced, not taking anything away from worcester club its so hard for them to get people to travel with the price of petrol and with the scare of shortage of fuel this week did'nt help

here is the results of the finals
BITCH FINALS

R Show girl 27

B Spiders legacy 1st

W Life on mars

DOG FINALS

R Lucky darling 1st

B Blue darling

W Up 4 north

B Hook line&tinker

VETS FINAL

R Dj darling

B Branco

W Mockachio 1st

SUP SCR

R King louis

B Stay out 1st

W Citizen Smiff

SUP PUPPY

R Whats a dream 1st

B Northern soul

SUP YEARLING

R Viv's Starlight

B Come on bess

Andy Patterson Memorial Supreme

R Lucky daring 2nd

B Spiders legacy 1st

hope this is right,

well done to all winners

jane

thanks jane has anyone got the full prog please? u know how nosey i am lol :thumbsup:

May be down to where it is held, as three years ago there was only one pup at wallsend, but with fuel cost and the amount of opens, there is going to be a lot of very poorly attended opens this year, and costs won't be covered!

I think the reason for the poor turnout was it was held too far south. All puppy & yearling champs should be held nearer the middle of the country i.e north notts , old hall, shirebrook etc. People can not afford to travel so far down the country, its time the Scottish people were taken into consideration.

agree john plus the fuel scare maybe

well done all especialy spiders legacy :thumbsup:

I think the reason for the poor turnout was it was held too far south. All puppy & yearling champs should be held nearer the middle of the country i.e north notts , old hall, shirebrook etc. People can not afford to travel so far down the country, its time the Scottish people were taken into consideration.

last year at old hall only 6 pups raced in autumn pups,it's bwra money wasted imo, i.e. exspenses ,trophy's etc

well done to all who raced .

Last edited by a moderator:

last year at old hall only 6 pups raced in autumn pups,it's bwra money wasted imo, i.e. exspenses ,trophy's etc

well done to all who raced .
good idea juniors :thumbsup: 12/18 month. dogs wouldnt be far off been set up and ready to school up. above comments :thumbsup:

A lovely day and the track looked great - thanks to Worcester WRC & the rest of the committee. Just a shame it was so poorly attended but there were some good closes racing regardless.

It's my opinion that BWRA Puppy / Yearling Champs is no longer viable.

Just because of one event poor turnout calling to scrap pup / yearling racing is crazy there may be lots reasons why location, two big opens on same weekend , big weekend event next weekend people saving there money for that but start say change ever think for one poor turn out just enjoy what we got and take rough with smooth :thumbsup:

Agree somethings got to be done John :thumbsup: BWRA cant afford to buy all these trophies and pay the expenses of workers,when just 5 or 6 dogs turn up.Just been discussing the same thing with a mate.Came up with the idea of just running one championship for the youngsters a year.Calling it a Yearling Championship,and dogs eligable to run would be between 1 and 2 years of age.That way think all the youngsters would be covered.Make it a junior yearling for dogs between 1 and 18 months and senior yearling between 18 months and 2,with the scratch only being able to run in the senior yearlings.This gets rid of pups being run too young aswell :thumbsup:
GOOD IDEA :thumbsup:

Just because of one event poor turnout calling to scrap pup / yearling racing is crazy there may be lots reasons why location, two big opens on same weekend , big weekend event next weekend people saving there money for that but start say change ever think for one poor turn out just enjoy what we got and take rough with smooth :thumbsup:
agree :thumbsup:

its to far for the scottish dogs to travel it would be a 16hr round trip to long for a pup if it was a bit closer i would have gone

Still believe BWRA could cater for the youngsters Lyndon,but in this economic climate,we've got to look at what's viable for the BWRA as a whole.Nothing stopping clubs from putting what they want on at their opens.It's not the first poor turnout at a pups and yearlings championships.The whole reason that the Andy Patterson was put on the same day,was because it would save people money.Would be great if we could financially take the rough with the smooth,but I dont think we can.I think we've got to tighten our belts where ever possible,and look to ways of doing just that.Like I put in my earlier post we could still have one championship for the youngsters a year,vary the age group slightly and all young ones can be catered for at that one championship.Just an idea,but think it could work :thumbsup:

A lovely day and the track looked great - thanks to Worcester WRC & the rest of the committee. Just a shame it was so poorly attended but there were some good closes racing regardless.
It's my opinion that BWRA Puppy / Yearling Champs is no longer viable.
i agree you cannot run a buisness like this as you would end up bankrupt

a lack of pups and yearlings is nothing new last few years there has only been a few i still say it might have been a lot better being run at oldhall ;)

I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WE SHUD BE PROMOTING WHIPPET RACING, TAKING PUPS AND YEARLINGS CHAMPIONSHIPS AWAY WOULD ONLY BE ANOTHER NAIL IN THE COFFIN. IMO

I don't under stand y they don't put pup and yearling on the Monday after the bwra champs r NF champs that would b the best for everybody because everybody there dogs

Anth

its to far for the scottish dogs to travel it would be a 16hr round trip to long for a pup if it was a bit closer i would have gone
very diffficult and EXPENSIVE FOR THE FOLKS NORTH OF THE BORDER. (w00t) THE PRICE OF FUEL + EVERYTHING ELSE KNACKING EVERYONE. FOLKS BEEN SELECTIVE WHERE THEY RUN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back