The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Bend Championships Hall Green

out by 4pm int it. who do you think will take suprime.. :sweating:

is tyrone going to be the same format, BIGUNS races while weigh in ?????

Why are none of these question been answered ....i know that the BWRA have there own website now..but theres no updates yet

Why has Mrs Hopkins come on here to tell members about the date change instead of

there been an update and proper explanation on the new bwra site, I don’t get much time to come on the internet only when at a friends house.

Who was the short discussion with because I know for a fact that some of the committee and regional reps were not aware of it until days later.

There has been a lot of question asked on your bend championship topics.

I am really disguised that not one of the bwra committee has the decency to answer any of these questions that some members have asked.

I have a life out side whippet racing and have other commitments, this change in date now means that my dogs will miss the bend championships as I am away on a business trip, which originally was changed through my work a month ago to suit my needs for having Sunday March 26th free.

Thank you for thinking of your members, from a very annoyed whippet racer.

Jackie thubron said:
just wondered does anyone know what time the weigh in is, -_-   and does anyone know if we are on a time scale now.dont want to travel and have to be told we cant finish what we all started again. :(

theres a big difference between a lure breaking down twice :( than trying to run in a set time Jackie :- " hope all goes well :luck:

mutley said:
Jackie thubron said:
just wondered does anyone know what time the weigh in is, -_-   and does anyone know if we are on a time scale now.dont want to travel and have to be told we cant finish what we all started again. :(

theres a big difference between a lure breaking down twice :( than trying to run in a set time Jackie :- " hope all goes well :luck:

I think we are very lucky to have the Tyrone first ----will give an idea how fast things can be done---- I also think that once we have been----Hall Green wont be asking us back for several reasons I will keep to myself ---not put them on here.

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
i have reservations about the championships myself . But instead of moaning about the subject why dont people try to think of way,s to help the committee by offering there help to make things go perfect,and make sure that dogs are there on time jacketed up and ready to race and if a person as a few dogs in races straight after each other surely somebody can help that racer with hes or her dogs so they are not struggling.

all i seem to hear is it can,t be done well perhaps not but some people just don,t want it to work soon our sport is going to be struggling to get stadiums to run at with the introduction of new laws flapping tracks are going to find it hard to survive,so then what do we do.so when people get us a place like hall green,we should be giving them our backing and try to find ways of making it work .hopefully i will be there and if you need any help just ask

Jeff it is nice to read something positive on K9 regarding the Bend Championships. It is just a pity there are not a few more members out their with the same attitude/consideration as yourself. :thumbsup:

I agree 100% with all your comments - people should be thinking positively and not trying to be so negative by saying "there is no chance of the racing getting finished on time" :- "

Do members realise that if the Bends Champs. were stilll held on the 26th March the clocks go forward and YOU ALL HAVE AN HOUR LESS IN BED. Also the following week with the clocks having altered the lighter nights are here. :D

jeffb said:
i have reservations about the championships myself . But instead of moaning about the subject why dont people try to think of way,s to help the committee by offering there help to make things go perfect,and make sure that dogs are there on time jacketed up and ready to race and if a person as a few dogs in races straight after each other surely somebody can help that racer with hes or her dogs so they are not struggling.                                      all i seem to hear is it can,t be done well perhaps not but some people just don,t want it to work soon our sport is going to be struggling to get stadiums to run at with the introduction of new laws flapping tracks are going to find it hard to survive,so then what do we do.so when people get us a place like hall green,we should be giving them our backing and try to find ways of making it work .hopefully i will be there and if you need any help just ask

:) what a refreshing post, I agree Jeff

DENISE BAILEY said:
Why if the vote was 7 for finding another venue and 6 to stay at Hall Green are we still running there especially with the time limit.As for swapping the dates around because of the double booking i don't think its good enough, if like some people you have yearling's running really well and want to go to the yearling championships at Worcester, but have had them running on the bends for the bend champs it would mean giving them a straight race a week before the bend champs...alot of people don't mix there dogs up when they race the bends they are kept on the bends and visa versa with the straights....why can they not hold it a week before 19th march if you need to stop at hall green ...personally i think stopping to your original dates and looking for another venue would of been a wiser action to take.

This topic was about dates not time that topic was never answered

I was never negative about hall green, just how the date change would effect others...i did post some where i did not think the time limit was a problem and i was sure things would go to plan.

jeffb said:
i have reservations about the championships myself . But instead of moaning about the subject why dont people try to think of way,s to help the committee by offering there help to make things go perfect,and make sure that dogs are there on time jacketed up and ready to race and if a person as a few dogs in races straight after each other surely somebody can help that racer with hes or her dogs so they are not struggling.                                      all i seem to hear is it can,t be done well perhaps not but some people just don,t want it to work soon our sport is going to be struggling to get stadiums to run at with the introduction of new laws flapping tracks are going to find it hard to survive,so then what do we do.so when people get us a place like hall green,we should be giving them our backing and try to find ways of making it work .hopefully i will be there and if you need any help just ask

Couldn't agree more!

There'll be absolutely no problems......

Rub yer dogs down as soon as you get there and carry a full compliment of racing jackets around with you.

Also....Jeff has offered his services

and Stevie is selling these from the back of the van....

:thumbsup: from positive Karen

Good idea Karen - if it did all go pear shaped and we ran out of time (note that's what other people have said not myself) we could do a trolly dash for the trophies !!! :lol:

:oops:

I am totoally gutted now :( , my pup out of blue goblin (mary) would of been 8 months 1 day if the puppy champs date had not been changed now i miss them by 1 week 1 day ...

not saying that she would of been ready by then but you never know

also will miss the puppy no limit by one week to with my scr bitch :rant: :rant:

Same for me with the English Derby/NNWRF Champs dates changing but hey ho, if they run they run, if not there'll be plenty other opportunities.

Yeah true but you havent got lilly savage taking the p**s and laffing at you :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back