The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Champs

aw006m7593 said:
I see the times you have quoted from Thurrock to various locations John and I would just like you to come to Thurrock and see if you could do the times.  You have stated your navigation system has calculated I am afraid these times must be when their is no other traffic on the roads in a fast car and without towing a caravan, I stated it takes us five hours to Worcester towing a caravan and that is how long it takes us, if we bought a helicopter perhaps your times would be possible or we might be able to even better them.
If you read my post it does say the maximum speed limits and not towing and the times were only intended as a guide and as the same rules applied for the times from Kirkcaldy in my opinion the results are a fair guide and I agree even not towing it would be hard to achieve these times. As a rule when I calculate a route using the route finder I reduce the maximum speed limits by 10mph for example you can tow on a motorway at 60mph by I normally use 50mph as a guide. I used the route finder on my PC to do this guide and not a sat nav system but that got me wondering so I used the map on a sat nav using the same guide e.g maximum speed limits not towing etc and the results (see below) although different in my opinion still show the same this venue cannot be classed as central. There may not be as many venues calculated by the sat nav but why bother as maybe the Scottish racers are just not wanted anymore and when membership has decreased as it has over the years I would have thought we should be trying to keep the members we have who will in turn keep clubs open and try and attract new members and this in turn might just pull this sport back from being put in the history books as in my opinion if we keep going the way we are going the Scottish region will be in the history books soon followed soon after by every other region and the whole sport.

Thurrock-Worcester 171.6 miles 2 hours 46 minutes

Thurrock-Swallowsnest 181.9 miles 3 hours 7 minutes

Kirkcaldy-Worcester 367.7 miles 5 hours 51 minutes

Kirkcaldy-Swallowsnest 324 miles 5 hours 10 minutes

rocky said:
I feel I must add TO Sheila's posting.From my home to Worcester takes me 3 hours because most of the way is in a 40 mile limit and apart from the last 20 minutes of the journey it is through villages.

It is not the distance involved but the time the journey takes.    To get the Oxford from here takes 2 hours.

Most travellers from the north have motorways to travel on which makes life a lot easier.

I don't know what the answer is but noone has mentioned the poor people that live in Cornwall.

If opens and camping hadn't sprung up we would all have been happy running in our clubs but now everyone wants an 'open' dog.    But I agree the championship days should be available to all.  Only way I can see it is a north and south divide and the winners run off at a central track on one day.

Just for the record the roads between Scotland and England are not that good either and the local roads up here are even worse I am sure those who have been up here will confirm this and as for the section of the M6 motorway between the Blackpool turn off and the M5 no matter what time of day I have driven that road it’s a nightmare. I for one do not want a north south divide as in my opinion we are stronger together. I remember the regional qualifiers when you had to qualify just to run at the Straight Championships but we don’t do that anymore why well in my opinion there are that few dogs racing nowadays we need as many as possible racing at the Straight Championships to generate the revenue through entry’s raffles etc to pay for the trophies and all the other running costs that go with racing. In my opinion with the potential loss of revenue and membership those who are left racing will have to bear the cost of this in increased membership costs and entry fees to race their dogs in years to come.

Quote In hindsight the BWRA should have bought a plot of land in the past, central of course. In fact I think this is the only way forward to the solution.

Theres money in the bank, and we should all put our hands in our pockets, and increase membership,do fund raising. I for one would be willing to give a generous donation, why you may ask, because I love the sport of running our dogs.

Remember, feet for dancing, heads for thinking

Middle for family allowance--Geoff----- :oops:

I have said this on many occasion with all the money they have had over past years they should have bought both a bend and straight track ---then they would not have any worries over tax issues that i hear they have had---How much since 1967???

STEVE---

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back