The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Champs

Id like to know who decided on Worcester for the championships.

I know that non of the northern comittee members were consulted.

I think this is totally wrong and is not the way to run a democratic organisation.

Why bother having comittee members when half of them are not consulted.

Why bother having regional reps.[they are never consulted] they are a waste of time.

This organisation is not been run democraticly and should be rectified as soon as possible for the good of the sport, otherwise it will decline further.

Im not trying to cause trouble id just like to see all its comitee members and regional reps CONSULTED. on important desicions like this.

MEMBERS FROM ALL PARTS OF THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE CATERED FOR. which is not happening at the moment.

rocky said:
I endorse everything Sheila says, Worcester is definitely a Midlands track and it takes the Thurrock crowd 5 hours and myself 3 hours to get to the track, so it seems the same distances as from Newcastle area.Unfortunately no-one would allow us camping around that area so a day event was the only fair option.  Only people to suffer are the Scottish folk.

I don't know why the discussions are still coming as everything has been arranged and a lot of people have already spent money on booking in a sites which will soon be booked up as it is a bank holiday.

Perhaps when Devon offered us camping on the week before would have been a better conclusion but of course it was too far south.

wow 3 hours or 5 hours what a luxury are'nt you the lucky ones try travelling for 12 hours for a one day event I think I might not No one in Scotland expected a championship event to be run up here so I really dont know why there would be a north to south divide going on that has nothing to do with it as I stated in my last post it was about being fair to each region but that certainly is not the case .The reason the discussion is still going on is because as a fully paid up member of the BWRA I would like an aswer to my Questions it really would have been nice for members to have had some input on

this important decision

John I agree with every thing you have said but at the end of the day no one is willing to do the job. A lot of people are not happy with the way thing's are being run but they will not put names foward to take over. To me everyone should be pulling together but at the momant all I can see is people pulling apart. Alot of people shout and complain but how many of them put names foward at the AGM to go on the comm. I for 1 wouldn't I know what its like to run a club never mind anything else. Like the meeting tomm. How many of the people who signed the form will be willing to say I'll take over and do the job. I'll be very supprised if 40 people even attend.

john this is not ment at you just answering after your post. :thumbsup:

From a very selfish point of veiw Worc would be great for me, as I could go myself. It only takes 3 hours at the most, we are only 40 minutes from Thurrock. If Ken is on his own he can get to Worc in two and a half hours :sweating:

So if there was camping and no trip home the same day I would go.

To me the champs is a chance to bring all bwra racers together, race with the best in the country and have a good time with friends and there familys.

We love Worc, but it is far from being central.

There was a venue put forward for the champs with camping witch was alot fairer on all. THE GIN PIT.

To far for me, but much better for all racers from Scotland to Portsmouth.

I know it has been very difficult this year for the top table to find a venue, but talks with the reps at least should of taken place.

gary farmer said:
Im from hastingsIt takes me 5 hours just to get up north i ive got no problem with the travelling

what i have a problem with is having no were to stay when i get there .

My own personal view would be to have it anywhere that we can camp if that is scotland then so be it.What is not fair is to except us to travel both days.

It will be the 40th anniversary this year and what a let down not even a decent presentation giving trophy's out in the car park CANT WAIT

GARY    :b   :(

'I'm from Hastings'.....

nuff said :clown:

aw006m7593 said:
A lot of members have already booked in on sites around Worcester, the national secretary informed all regional secretaries that the Championships were at Worcester last Sunday and asked them to inform their members, if you haven't been informed speak to your regional secretary.  Worcester is a good track not used by many who will be racing at the Championships which makes it fairer all round it is in the Midlands and not in the South, the distance is on parr with Ashfordby and Old Hall  Some sites are £10 a night with electric hook ups and it is a very pretty area.  I can assure you if the Championships were held in Scotland and that is no disrecpects to the Scottish Region majority of racers from the Thurrock downwards would not be able to afford the petrol money or be able travel their young children all that way.  We are not doing Amanda who runs Worcester any favours she has put herself out to do us one.
Well there you go Worcester is in the midlands so that’s final I think not I believe that Devon was an option with camping etc well if we are putting up clubs that are closed (sorry Devon as I have had may a good holiday at the opens) maybe we should ask Dingwall if they can have us. Before anyone says that it is too far north (yes I know Devon is not in the midlands )but Dingwall is in the Scottish region so if we can use one closed track why not another regardless of the region. Okay I said Dingwall why because if it was still open for racing it would have the same chance of Holding the Straight Championships as Kirkcaldy no chance, as if Kirkcaldy is too far north what about Dingwall let’s look at some other befits of tracks in the north more natural light at that time of year and more chance of rain throughout the year to keep the track in good condition the weather forecasters could be wrong about this summer (they say it’s going to be hot and dry) but it could be rainy for all and the track’s could be fine but at what cost rain clouds will make it dark even earlier north or south but then again if entry’s are down it might not matter either way as there will be plenty of time to run the event.

rocky said:
I endorse everything Sheila says, Worcester is definitely a Midlands track and it takes the Thurrock crowd 5 hours and myself 3 hours to get to the track, so it seems the same distances as from Newcastle area.Unfortunately no-one would allow us camping around that area so a day event was the only fair option.  Only people to suffer are the Scottish folk.

I don't know why the discussions are still coming as everything has been arranged and a lot of people have already spent money on booking in a sites which will soon be booked up as it is a bank holiday.

Perhaps when Devon offered us camping on the week before would have been a better conclusion but of course it was too far south.

I have done some calculations (see below) using a route finder these distances are calculated using the fastest route at the maximum speed limits for a vehicle yes I know most are towing and will be slower be the same rules are used for everyone north and south. Below I have used two tracks as a guide (not racers home towns after all we travel to our local tracks most weeks if there is not a open close by) to potential Straight Championship venues.

Thurrock-Worcester 181.8 miles 2 hours 46 minutes

Thurrock- Swallowsnest 194.1miles 2 hours 56 minutes

Thurrock-Devon 220.2 miles 3 hours 30 minutes

Thurrock-Manchester 232.8 miles 3 hours 32 minutes

Thurrock-Newton Aycliffe 267.8 miles 4 hours 23 minutes

Thurrock-Old Hall 147.9 miles 2 hours 18 minutes

Kirkcaldy-Worcester 345.2 miles 5 hours 10 minutes

Kirkcaldy- Swallowsnest 265.7 miles 4 hours 22 minutes

Kirkcaldy-Devon 461.0 miles 6 hours 48 minutes

Kirkcaldy-Manchester 245.5 miles 3 hours 46 minutes

Kirkcaldy-Newton Aycliffe 168.3 miles 2 hours 51 minutes

Kirkcaldy-Old Hall 316.4 miles 4 hours 55 minutes

Using the same guide.

Worcester-Swallowsnest 113.6 1 hour 44 minutes

Worcester-Manchester 108.4 miles 1 hours 40 minutes

Fordingbridge-Swallowsnest 200.5 miles 3 hours 17 minutes

Fordingbridge-Manchester 210.1 miles 3 hours 19 minutes

Fordingbridge-Worcester 107.3 miles 1 hours 47 minutes

In my opinion Swallowsnest or Manchester is now as close as possible the central location yes these are rough guides but I have used the same method to calculate when travelling down to events myself and they are not far away towing or not (hold ups and stops extra). Even if the Straight Championships are a one day event camping or not (as maybe for some racers) to maximise attendance they should be as central as possible. Lets make that title mean something but then again the only people to suffer are the Scottish folk.

tanyia said:
From a very selfish point of veiw Worc would be great for me, as I could go myself. It only takes 3 hours at the most, we are only 40 minutes from Thurrock. If Ken is on his own he can get to Worc in two and a half hours  :sweating: So if there was camping and no trip home the same day I would go.

To me the champs is a chance to bring all bwra racers together, race with the best in the country and have a good time with friends and there familys.

We love Worc, but it is far from being central.

There was a venue put forward for the champs with camping witch was alot fairer on all.  THE GIN PIT.

To far for me, but much better for all racers from Scotland to Portsmouth.

I know it has been very difficult this year for the top table to find a venue, but talks with the reps at least should of taken place.

totally agree and i actually HATE camping lol

It is a sad set up for any organisation who profess to be fair and equal to all their members for it to be said that the only people who are treated unfairly in a certain decision are the Scots and as this seems to be the case all the time then this is fully acceptable.

The members who are suggesting this are not being unfair they are just telling us how they see it, the unfairness comes when the rest of us realise they are right this is what seems to be happening.

To make things even worse we are expected to accept this decision without complaint because it is already been booked and people have already booked their caravan sites.

The result in this is now Scottish members are wondering whether to renew their B.W.R.A membership, maybe this would be the best idea then it would make it all so much easier, the Scottish membership could just quietly slip away and be forgotten about.

Thats if they were ever remembered in the first place

Val

aw006m7593 said:
A lot of members have already booked in on sites around Worcester, the national secretary informed all regional secretaries that the Championships were at Worcester last Sunday and asked them to inform their members,
The distance is on parr with Ashfordby and Old Hall  Some sites are £10 a night with electric hook ups and it is a very pretty area. 

Distance for us is 4 hours to Worcester ....to Oldhall & Ashfordby about 2 1/2 thats from Newton Aycliffe , Sheila i phoned all over different camp sites last sunday...99% don't want dogs or vans on there sites and a lot are already booked up for this weekend...maybe you could share some you have found for £10 night :thumbsup:

Denise in order to get sites for say £10.00 per night or less you need to be a member of either the Caravan & Camping Club or Caravan Club. They are much cheaper than the "Commercial/bigger" sites. :thumbsup: I know because we never pay above £10.00 when we use their sites - which is frequently - and that includes electric hook up awning and 7 dogs!!!!!!!! Joan.

why should we pay £10 a night or more some people havnt got that kind of money.most people like to get together on the track and chill out a bit.we have been offered the gin pit with facilities why don we use them. :rant: :rant: i also think we are getting nearer to a north south devide jmo. :oops: :oops:

think its gonna be a poor turn out loads not going :( pity as its the 40 year anniversary :( this should of been put out more for members opinion :(

Last edited by a moderator:
well we not going purley because we cant camp on track we have camped there before so why not now. :rant:

Sorry to have to say this but THIS IS THE FAULT OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ABUSED the facilities over the years and it THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST you the caravan facilities not the BWRA. i.e. Vandalising the showers/toilets/emptying porta loos in hedges/counterfeit money being passed over in the club/fighting when people are drunk etc. :rant: :rant:

I know you will all come shouting at me BUT THIS IS FACT NOT FICTION. Now you have very few facilities left that WILL take the racing and the caravans. :( Blame THOSE members.

No one has pointed the finger at the BWRA for us losing any venue, everyone will agree with what you say and we all know it is all down to the d**k heads who think of only themselves & spoil it for the rest of us, so don't see why anyone would "come shouting at you" over your comment.

yeah brilliant advert Joan :( for any would be facilities wonder why Morton on marsh was lost probably with the bad publicity its getting in k9 :rant: with posts like this

gaz not dee

why did they loose old hall then :- "

gaz

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back