The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Champs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
mutley said:
the bwra have NOT  been refused swallownest for the champs weekend , but there would be a restriction I'm sure they are doing there best but i understand peoples frustration with young families etc  the fed made allowances for two non fed members to use the  venue and they abused it last year im sure if the bwra approached the nnwrf through the right channels something could of been arranged  i didnt really see your moan john until i thought about it and understand were your coming from.

as i understand to run at any bwra event you do not have to be a member of the nnwrf, so should think lots of non fed members used the venue at last years bwra champs, you have said on more than 1 occasion that the two organization's are nothing to do with each other, so how can you put restriction on the bwra at there champs,

so what non members abused this venue at the bwra champs, ???

it seems some people have very short memory when it comes to venue being abused, as for banned members running at worcester, the club rule was anyone under a drug ban would not be allowed to race at any event on this track, not sure if this rule is still in place the committee at this club like most have changed a few time since,

sharon whincop said:
for most it's not the distance if the camping was on site. It costs people a lot of money to start with without paying upto £20 a night for camping. People with kids( who we want in the sport) find it hard when you not on site the kids get board and when your caravans away from the track they carn't go just sit in it. We know the comm. work hard looking for these places I for 1 won't knock them I know what its like to run a club. But as Gary said they have not been refused Swallownest. Why should most members suffer. Like I said earlyer they still races at a club when I couldn't run my dog. What I was told was that was the club rule and they had to stick to it. whats good for 1 should be good for another.

they still races at a club when i could'nt run my dog ( who still race at a club when you can't race your dog ) ???

rodders said:
Susan came up to Kircaldy for the first time last year and had a lovely time :thumbsup: It seems to me on reading this topic that the Scottish always get the raw end of the deal :(   Could it not be proposed at the next AGM to move the champs up and down the country each year,so that all get a chance of running in the event.Maybe this as already happened in the past,I don't know?but it seems the logical thing to do :D Karen

yes karen it was already propose and passed when it went to the vote, but by the next year agm proposal meeting another proposal was put forward for the champs to stay in the midlands and the vote came back that it stay in the midlands, if someone was to propose the champs to move around the country they have to remember that the set of block traps have to also be moved, and the proposal should be in place for at lease 3 years, so all three ends of the country get a chance to hold this event,

Not wishing to get involved in any "arguments" BUT am I correct in saying that if the BWRA are "hiring" a track from a club - club rules do not apply because the "track is being hired by a third party!!!" :thumbsup:

Joan

Last edited by a moderator:
SCILLONIAN said:
Not wishing to get involved in any "arguments" BUT am I correct in saying that if the BWRA are "hiring" a track from a club - club rules do not apply because the "track is being hired by a third party!!!" :thumbsup:
Joan

so why would they not let sasperella run

if whipeters concentrated on keeping venues as much as bickering on k9, we wouldnt be in this mess! :oops:

Unsure about that Joan this was one of my reason,s for asking ...i know a few clubs that did & did not allow banned members from running through different organizations ...also some clubs would not allow anyone from racing thats been involved in drug issues

As i did explain sarsaparella never was tested positive but was unable to run there even under new ownership etc

John said:
RealMadYid said:
Just have the champs in Scotland and be done with it. As i understand it the SNP are miles ahead in the polls, Guess you will have your own Champs soon, under the new Scottish banner, good luck to you  :)   :)   :)
At the end of the day, not everyone can be accomodated, it is a shame, a real shame, but hardly anyone want's us  :( , that is the real dilemna......

Paul

That’s a bit unfair the Scottish region already have a straight championships as does your region and that’s what they are regional championships all regions are allowed them I believe. What we are debating here is the national championships which have been debated in the past on here and yes I have put across my point of view which remains consistent to this day that all the members should be catered for north and south. I have no axe to grind with members in the south or anywhere else for that matter I just want to race at the Straight Championships at a central location which even in the past was not the case as we had members in Dingwall (in the north of Scotland about thirty miles north of Inverness) I just want the same chance as you. Why bring politics into it but to bring you up to date the Labour Party now have a slight lead in the polls so it looks like Scotland will remain part of the UK for a while yet. This is about racing and I for one would rather my dog win a title against the best dogs in it’s class and not a empty title because a dog was sitting in it’s house because the owner could not get there. I am sure a central tack could have taken the Straight Championships without the camping but good luck to the members of the Worcester club who have allowed their track to be used I am sure the racers who turn up on the day will appreciate your efforts.

It was meant to be a bit a tongue in cheek...what is wrong with this site? I added THREE smiley's to make the point...a bit of a laugh...

On a more serious note down here in Thurrock and Fordingbridge we know full we would never get a Champs due to the same problems Scotland has...And I guess we accept that...It seems the best alternative the BWRA had was Worcester...and I trust their judgement...I think they work damn hard...

Kind Regards,

Paul

Its time they split the country in half ---North /South ----and held champs same day then once finalists were sorted they could run off another day to see who won the titles---

steve

ive got no runners but think you should give scotland a try great place great people :thumbsup:

SCILLONIAN said:
Joan

Hi Joan. Don't know about now but when I couldn't run Mo At Worcester I couldn't run Old Fed. or BWRA. even though I was a member of both. Asked to run at someone elses open who was just hiring the track and I was told no. Thats why I've never been to worcester. Don't no if this applies today. Hope that answers your question.

I was under the impression that the champs could not be held at Old Hall because we were unable to camp there over the weekend this being the case why go even further south to Wocester when it could have been held at practicly any club

Sandra

I was under the same impression that the champs could not be held at old Hall beacause there was no camping, if there was another track more central that would have been able to hold champs then why did we not use that

just like to remind members there were 4 venues put forward at the AGM for the champs after a vote Old Hall was first option Moreton in Marsh came second as niether of these venues are available should the committee not be looking at the remaining two venues

i.e A/T Miners in Manchester which has plenty of space for camping and a great clubhouse

(when this venue was offered the comments from the secretary was QUOTE; its too far)

and Kirkcaldy Scotland speaks for itself great track brilliant venue great bunch of hard working members why shouldn't they have a crack at staging the champs

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not saying we should have them in scotland but do think they should be more central because if kirkcaldy is to far north surely worcester is to far south imo

and Kirkcaldy Scotland speaks for itself great track brilliant venue great bunch of hard working members why shouldn't they have a crack at staging the champs

Why? Because like I said earlier on this thread, Thurrock (which has a club house, a good track and hard working members) know full well that they wouldn't get the numbers to make it a proper championship. The best place for many championships is the midlands, a bit tough on the Scots, I agree. However how many Southern members of the BWRA are there compared to Scotland? I don't know, just guessing that there is more Southern members.... :D but, no one would ever suggest having a major championship down here, would they?

And, I personally feel the new Wembley should of gone at least to Birmingham, access to Wembley is shite....so no Southern bias on this issue from me...

Paul

i have no idea how many more southern members there are than scots but does that mean we have twelve hour jorneys every year that is what we have had to do for the last fifteen years so how fair is that i have nothing against any track having championships as long as everyone gets a fair deal over the years

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back