The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BWRA memberships

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I`ll bet that there is a far greater number of members north of Melton than there are south of it and the BWRA members to the north have furthest to travel.

To say Melton is central is nonsense.

Ignoring it`s position my main objection to running all the major events here is that the track is by far the worst I have run on for a major event. It is not level lenthways or widthways It undulates at both long and short amplitudes and the surface is uneven and hard when dry. It will take a lot more than the £5 levy to bring it anywhere near the standard of tracks we are used to at major events. Perhaps I am missing something regarding whippet racing but I though the track to be a high priority

i think we would not find a better track than newton aycliffe for the champs, good facilities and camping available for them that want to camp :D also what is wrong with old hall and many more tracks :b kircaldy is ok too :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I did hear that the people who own melton track never asked for money to do work on it so what happens now?

also when the £5 levy was voted in at the agm was it not the same person who wanted kickboards banned?

has this all come about just to cause trouble for the BWRA or maybe not

As a matter of interest I thought that I would do a milage chart to compare the distance from clubs to championship venues. I chose four one from the east coast one from the west coast one from the south east and one from the south west.

Seaham Asfordby Kinsley Highgate

Kirkcaldy 155.8 316.2 243.9 252.8

Carlisle 74.8 216.7 135.3 144.1

Stevenage 232.5 81.4 146.2 138.3

Cullompton 341.6 206.6 255.3 247.4

This was calculated using last years venues and to my knowlage these clubs were active last year. As you can see Kirkcaldy and Cullompton have the most distance to travel so in my opinion if you hold one straight championship at Seaham and the other in Asfordby this would be the fairest.

maybe you are thinking the same as pete dee....... ???

I think Steve's got a great idea!!!! Maybe something to put forward ??

As for Melton, yeh it's in a lovely place, things to do when not racing, decent club but the major factor - Our Dogs, the track is far from flat or soft & i too am not right keen on the sandpit finishes. It has improved a lot since i first ran there (I timed in 2 dogs for the Spring Classic - both couldn't compete in the main racing coz they came off with knocked up toes!!) but the last time i were there it was still not a patch on Seaham. Also like Denise said Seaham was a good track because no dogs were at an advantage.

It would be nice if Steves suggestion would be given some thought by the racers & committee of the 2 main bodies, i know IRG are keen to move around different track giving everyone a chance to compete at their events.

We live a short ride from seaham but dont mind going down to melton, after all thats where we have to go to have a say in our sport nowadays,

also we are used to traveling that way on as fed and bwra champs were until only a short time ago allways at oldhall .

Good idea to spread them about , as for newton aycliffe the fed did ask about having champs here but they put so much effort into the derby they could not hold another big avent with only a month between them... but you never no maybe another time ;)

GARY ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back