The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Racing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
we are all suppose to be on the same team here and getting whats the best for our dogs and the sport instead we have all this... i wouldnt call it a sport id call it a MESS.

Have to agree Pig its all got way too confusing.

I think that expecting one track to hold all regional BWRA meetings and the NNWRF championships weekend is too much, as for every 'bad thing' that happens within out sport this club/venue bears the brunt of all of it.

In my opinion the 2 organisations should hold there meetings at different places, this would half the amount of greif anyone venue has to deal with, and should be moved around (where possible) so that dogs running on the track each week dont get an advantage and that its closer for certain racers. For a championship weekend i personally dont see a problem with travelling a little further as its the main event of the year. Before you all jump the gun i know some of you are going to object and say racing isnt a rich mans sport and i agree, but in my opinion the weekends are worth it and being a southerner i know what it is like to travel.

I am strongly against camping away from the track as there would be very little social celebrations (i know some of you would consider this as a good thing), but this is what some racers like most and if drinking in moderation ... but if we are having to drive to the meeting this would increase costs for racers wanting to drink for taxi's and for paying for a campsite etc, or promotes drink driving.

Back bitting and bringing up past issues that have now been dealt with in my eyes is not helping our cause we should try to work together and support the organisations we run under before our sport has no where left to run and there is no racing, we are all too quick to criticise but very few (i know there are people who do help) actually offer to help!

Jade

jade scott said:
I think that expecting one track to hold all regional BWRA meetings and the NNWRF championships weekend is too much, as for every 'bad thing' that happens within out sport this club/venue bears the brunt of all of it.
In my opinion the 2 organisations should hold there meetings at different places, this would half the amount of greif anyone venue has to deal with,

Back bitting and bringing up past issues that have now been dealt with in my eyes is not helping our cause we should try to work together and support the organisations we run under before our sport has no where left to run and there is no racing, we are all too quick to criticise but very few (i know there are people who do help) actually offer to help!

Jade

well said jade

jade scott said:
Have to agree Pig its all got way too confusing.

In my opinion the 2 organisations should hold there meetings at different places, this would half the amount of greif anyone venue has to deal with, and should be moved around (where possible) so that dogs running on the track each week dont get an advantage and that its closer for certain racers. For a championship weekend i personally dont see a problem with travelling a little further as its the main event of the year. Before you all jump the gun i know some of you are going to object and say racing isnt a rich mans sport and i agree, but in my opinion the weekends are worth it and being a southerner i know what it is like to travel.

I am strongly against camping away from the track as there would be very little social celebrations (i know some of you would consider this as a good thing), but this is what some racers like most and if drinking in moderation ... but if we are having to drive to the meeting this would increase costs for racers wanting to drink for taxi's and for paying for a campsite etc, or promotes drink driving.

Jade

:thumbsup: Couldn't have put it better myself

Looks like i made the right choice of getting out of this hobbie after all. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Doreen Hopkins said:
Sadly I have to inform all BWRA members that I had a telephone call today from the chairman of Asfordby Sports Club informing me that they would no longer be able to let us use their ground for our championships.
Dave the chairman said that after their meeting on Wednesday it was decided that our event had become too big for them to manage.  None of the staff that work there get paid, they are all volunteers and give up their time to stage this event.

We can still stage one day meetings but these would have to be between the middle of May to the middle of August, no race meetings can be held outside these stated months.

I was given to understand that the N.N.W.R.F. have been given the same information so both racing bodies are being treated exactly the same.

What we need now is for club or regional secretaries to write to me if you think that a club in your area could stage our championships,this will include puppy championships if we want to stage them as a week-end event with another rave meeting.

Ideally the venue should be in the middle of the country so that every one has more or less the same distance to travel. Also there would need to be club facilities for the social evening, toilets, showers.

If anyone has any ideas please put them inwriting to me and we can discuss it at this years AGM.  This will be held on SUNDAY  NOVEMBER 27TH  AT  OLD HALL.

SORRY IT'S BAD NEWS BUT HOPEFULLY WE CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING FOR NEXT YEAR.

REGARDS  Doreen

syko said:
After a meeting with Dave Figget owener of Asfordby Sports Club yesterday,he gave me the his reasons for the canceling weekend racing at this venue.These were staff problems all the workers are family or club members and work for free, he felt he could not continue to put on them any more. He also felt that the extra work in organising these events was getting to much.THESE are dave's only reasons for his decision,nothing to do with anything that happened at any of the previous events either N.W.R.F. or B.W.R.A. hopeing this will clear this matter up once and for all.

On behalf of the N.W.R.F. committee

DON SYSON.

I would just like to say best of luck to both racing groups in finding a new venue that will suit all racers after all we all have one thing in common we just want to race our dogs.

Totally agree we just want to run our dogs also, although we have been present some moments of violence have occured, is it not about time the folk that this has concerned can now put their differences aside it is a shock for someone who is just in the sport and thinking of buying a pup. my mum says everyone seems to get on okay but already i m having doubts, I must say however I always get cussed at for being immature and fighting etc well I think Ive met my match on this site its all the old foggies that are fighting, :- "

debbie said:
spellbound said:
in answer to the fighting at asfordby, its that sort of attitude about fighting thats got us in this mess, any fighting at any race meeting should be a big deal the fact you seem to think it was just a domestic ?? something the police take alot more serious than you, and they think its a very big deal, the word DOMESTIC VIOLENCE means within the home, not in the pub or around the public, the members of the nnwrf present when this attact took place will judge for themself why we have losted asfordby, in my opinion its because you feel to act in that way  is KNOW BIG DEAL :eek:
WELL I SUPPOSE I HAD BETTER HAVE MY SAY AS SPELLBOUND HAS CERTAINLY HAD HERS, AS FOR BEEN A TROUBLE CAUSER I AIN,T,. I HAVE HAD TWO DISAGREEMENTS WHILE AT THE WHIPPETS AT ASHFORDBY, UNFORTUNATELY ONE WAS A DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN RICKY AND MYSELF WHICH WAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACING AND WAS AT OUR OWN CARAVAN, NO DRINK INVOLVED, NOT A DROP HAD BEEN CONSUMED, THIS IN MY EYES AND OTHER PEOPLES WAS A DOMESTIC, APOLOGIES WHERE MADE TO CLUB OWNERS AND THEY WERE FINE ABOUT IT, UNLESS YOU WERE THERE SHUT IT. THE OTHER INCIDENT WAS BECAUSE NO MOTHER WOULD LET ANY PERSON HIT THEIR CHILD, AS YOU SPELLBOUND MUST THINK ITS OK TO HIT OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN LIKE YOU DID MINE,. I TOOK MY BAN AND HAVE NEVER TRIED CONNING ANYBODY LIKE WHAT YOU DID AT THE BWRA CHAMPS WHEN SUPPOSSINGLY GAVE YOUR DOGS AWAY. MY DOG MASTER BLASTER HAS GONE TO NEW HOME AND IS VERY HAPPY WHERE HE IS AND WILL NOT BE RETURNING AND NEVER WAS GOING TO BE. AS FOR MASTER TORNADO THE SAME ISSUE WITH HIM, UNTIL I TOOK HIM BACK BECAUSE HE HAD A VERY INFECTED TOE AND I THOUGHT I COULD TAKE CARE OF HIM BETTER MYSELF. SO PLEASE GET ON WITH THE FUTURE OF RACING AND STOP BRINGING OLD SUBJECTS UP TRYING TO LAY BLAME AS I AM SURE THE EPISODE WITH GILL HARDY WITH YOU IS JUST AS BAD.

ENOUGH SAID DEBBIE

AS FOR NAMING AND SHAMING I NAME MYSELF GUILTY OF ABOVE FACTS

thats a very good fictional story and i'm sure you could come up with alot more like that with the practise you have had :b

but back to the topic,

so anyone got any tracks in mind the bwra could goto next year, ?? if old hall say they can't have the champs there, what about the melton track at rutland arms they had camping on site, it will need some work on the track but so did Asfordby when they went there ??

What is the point in sorting new venues just for people to spoil it for us? It's getting to the point now where there's no straight track in the country we haven't been chucked off for champs.

Valerie Haggart said:
Totally agree we just want to run our dogs also, although we have been present some moments of violence have occured, is it not about time  the folk that this has concerned can now put their differences aside it is a shock for someone  who is just in the sport and thinking of buying a pup. my mum says everyone seems to get on okay but already i m having doubts, I must say however I always get cussed at for being immature and fighting etc well I think Ive met my match on this site its all the old foggies that are fighting,  :- "
well said valerie us younger ones just sit back. werever the champs are at wats the betting they are moved again b for 2010 its a certainty.

spellbound said:
debbie said:
spellbound said:
in answer to the fighting at asfordby, its that sort of attitude about fighting thats got us in this mess, any fighting at any race meeting should be a big deal the fact you seem to think it was just a domestic ?? something the police take alot more serious than you, and they think its a very big deal, the word DOMESTIC VIOLENCE means within the home, not in the pub or around the public, the members of the nnwrf present when this attact took place will judge for themself why we have losted asfordby, in my opinion its because you feel to act in that way  is KNOW BIG DEAL :eek:

[SIZE=14pt]Actually, the words domestic violence[/SIZE] means, within the family, so wife, husband, brother, sister, uncle, grandparents, cousins etc etc..........and can happen outside the home....

Just wanted to clarify that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say Val I don't know who you are referring to as old foggies but I can assure you as things stand at this moment in time if it wasn't for the older generation holding racing together and still working hard to run the sport, the sport would wrap up altogether. I love the sport otherwise Arthur and I would not be working as hard as we do at our age for our region. The other thing that keeps us going is the great crowd we have as members of our club. Quite honestly, I haven't found when reading K9 that it is any specific age group that is responsible for all the trouble in our sport, in fact, I don't think I have ever seen a senior citizen use bad language on here either because that isn't how we were brought up.

spellbound said:
so anyone got any tracks in mind the bwra could goto next year, ?? if old hall say they can't have the champs there, what about the melton track at rutland arms they had camping on site, it will need some work on the track but so did Asfordby when they went there ??
a few suggestions

blidworth, devon, worcester, old hall, newton aycliffe to name just a few :- "

Kim and Tilly said:
[SIZE=14pt]Actually, the words domestic violence[/SIZE] means, within the family, so wife, husband, brother, sister, uncle, grandparents, cousins etc etc..........and can happen outside the home.... 

i have been to alot of social events and not in the whippets and yes there have been a few domestic,s which have been between family or partners and such which have sometimes been bad, but always sorted things out among themselves,. if the police had been informed on these occassions i,m sure that they would have been done for wasting their time as most times the situations were soon resolved, again a domestic is just that and doesn,t concern other individuals as this makes matters worse usually, i,m sure we have all had them in our time, by the sounds of all this, lets hope nobody else has domestics again through the whippet ferternity again :oops: or you also will end up getting barred, i think the forged money,( may be this is how the bar staff new who handed the money over), and the toilet waste is more of an issue which is a health hazzard to the children who play on the field week in week out is more to be concerned about, and wonder if these people will recieve a ban, lets here what the committee,s will do with them, if anything :- "

is kirkkaldy to far north for the champs.it hosts the scotish champs/derby.??good hike if you live in the south. old hall sounds good :D

Kim and Tilly said:
spellbound said:
debbie said:
spellbound said:

well from what where lead to believe none of the above apply to the two people involved in this fight, :oops: do they not tell everyone they "are just friends" :- "

I do agree with Vicky can't see any club wanting champs unless they get assurance that know fighting, damage, etc,etc will happen and lets face it who on the nnwrf committee will give that assurance :oops:

mayfair said:
Kim and Tilly said:

i have been to alot of social events and not in the whippets and yes there have been a few domestic,s which have been between family or partners and such which have sometimes been bad, but always sorted things out among themselves,. if the police had been informed on these occassions i,m sure that they would have been done for wasting their time as most times the situations were soon resolved, again a domestic is just that and doesn,t concern other individuals as this makes matters worse usually, i,m sure we have all had them in our time, by the sounds of all this, lets hope nobody else has domestics again through the whippet ferternity again :oops: or you also will end up getting barred, i think the forged scottish money,( may be this is how the bar staff new who handed the money over), and the toilet waste is more of an issue which is a health hazzard to the children who play on the field week in week out is more to be concerned about, and wonder if these people will recieve a ban, lets here what the committee,s will do with them, if anything :- "

i would say your going to the wrong social events :oops: i would think most people will disagree with you that DOMESTIC VIOLENCE doesn't concern other individuals, and the fact is it should concern everyone,

"FORGED SCOTTISH MONEY" so when did anyone say it was scottish money ?? your right toilet waste is a health hazzard, ?? but i do believe when both committee's have ask Asfordby about the above they have been told nothing about them, but we know the fighting was a big enough issue to get one member banned and the other a warning, and need an apology to the club at asfordby ( why when it took place at the caravan ) :- " , so why apologize to the management of the club if it did'nt happen in there, :b they would know nothing of the fight, :wacko:

I do agree with Vicky can't see any club wanting champs unless they get assurance that know fighting, damage, etc,etc will happen and lets face it who on the nnwrf committee will give that assurance :oops:

I cannot see any committee being able to give that assurance, you couldn't when you and your partner ran the old N.W.R.F. The B.W.R.A. could not, neither could the N.N.W.R.F.

If individuals wish to cause problems they will do so without the organisers blessings, as you and everyone well know.

Vicky said:
What is the point in sorting new venues just for people to spoil it for us?  It's getting to the point now where there's no straight track in the country we haven't been chucked off for champs.

I don't think anyone was chucked off Old hall, i think when Ashfordby was found the 2 organization decided to go there, unsure why the fed did as in my eyes it would of been wiser at the time to have the 2 venues, this is why when the old nwrf resigned and the new nwrf took over we were negotiating returning back to Old hall.

All we can hope for now is that new venues can be found.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back