The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Secretary

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have decided to post the following information in reply to Simpson posting here on K9. This is a copy of the letter I wrote to the BWRA chairman after the EGM

Dear Chairman, it is with much regret that I wish to tender my resignation as BWRA Secretary. I reached this decision following the EGM at Highgate.

We as a committee had a quick chat before going into the meeting and it was agreed by all that if there were not 40 of the signees on the petition present at the meeting, then that meeting would not go ahead. We also agreed that if there were 40 of the signees present we would agree to a full membership vote, and not let those members present vote on anything themselves.

As you are aware there were only 20 signees present but still the meeting was not drawn to a close. I have already been asked why this was allowed to happen when we quite clearly said some days ago to a few members that had asked, that the meeting would not take place if there were not the required numbers.

I am also fully aware that we took a committee vote regarding the Jack Cadman and obviously that decision must be accepted by all committee members, but in all conscience I feel I must express my concern that the members who did vote for that particular proposal have not had their views taken into consideration, and yet again a handful of people who shout the loudest have made this committee go back on it's word.

I truly believe that we lost our dignity and the respect of the members by allowing

a few agitators ( and you are aware of who they are just as I am ) to take control

of the meeting. I no longer feel that it is worthwhile trying to do the best I can for the majority of the decent people within our sport when we allow this sort of thing to go on.

I hope this now answers the question as to why I have not replied here on K9 on behalf of the BWRA

regards to you all Doreen Hopkins

I would like to thank you Doreen for all the hard work you and Bill have put in over the last ten years on behalf of BWRA members, your honesty and efficiency will be very hard to replace, you have travelled all the way from Portsmouth to run racing for the members and I know you feel extremely sad about the decision you have been forced to make, their were those that had it in for you from the very start and it's sad to think it has come down to you feeling you had to resign. I would just like to let members know you only had their interests at heart, but now just go and race Blue with Bill once he gets over his present injury I am sure you will be made most welcome by the majority of racers.

Take Care

Sheila

all the best for the future Doreen and bill :luck:

I wondered why you never answered about the champs (w00t)

Good luck for the future :luck: how long were you on the bwra committee

I do hope the rest of the commitee,take on board what has happened,when all they had to do was follow the correct procedure.What a shame that somebody who had the interests of the majority at heart,has felt the need to stand down from her position on the commitee. :( Karen

The problem was they set a president when they changed the pups back to its original format.[this was first voted on by the members, but was changed]

Whats the difference, with the Jack Cadman.

I am going to say this I DO HOPE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN PUSHING FOR CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE TO RESIGN ARE PLEASED WITH THEMSELVES and now you can get your mates in and run it just as you want. :- "

Doreen as you know we are no longer in the sport and we decided to pull out because of the discontentment amongst whippet people. You and Bill have always tried to do your best for the sport and I am sure you are going to be sadly missed. Do what most people do just go and run your dog and let somebody else "run the meetings". :thumbsup:

Joan

Last edited by a moderator:

[i am going to say this I DO HOPE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN PUSHING FOR CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE TO RESIGN ARE PLEASED WITH THEMSELVES and now you can get your mates in and run it just as you want. whistling.gif

]

the sad thing is Joan they will be pleased, you can bet they will be in there caravans at the derby talking about who's going to be the next one off,

i agree with everything Doreen said about the egm, but hope you reconsider your decision and withdraw your resignation,

if you still feel the same at the end of the year then have your say at the agm and make your decision then, when all the rep's and members can hear why you feel the need to resign

whatever you decised all the best Doreen

yvonne

Last edited by a moderator:
hellbound said:
[i am going to say this I DO HOPE THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN PUSHING FOR CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE TO RESIGN ARE PLEASED WITH THEMSELVES and now you can get your mates in and run it just as you want. whistling.gif

]

the sad thing is Joan they will be pleased, you can bet they will be in there caravans at the derby talking about who's going to be the next one off,

i agree with everything Doreen  said about the egm,  but hope you reconsider your decision and withdraw your resignation,

if you still feel the same at the end of the year then have your say at the agm and make your decision then, when all the rep's and members can hear why you feel the need to resign

whatever you decised all the best Doreen                       

yvonne

i think it is a sad day for our sport when our commitee members decide they have to give in to bully boy tactics that have been going on for some time now hope you are all real proud of youselves now .nothing else to say except all the best to doreen and bil hope to see you some time in a happier sport :rant: george

i cant see who has bullied anyone with tactic ts etc :( i dont think Doreen is the type to give in over bulling

Sorry to hear that yet another leaves the BWRA ----

but i think if ALL rules were adhered to

there would not be so much animosity and things would work as they are meant to---

after all this body has been running dogs since 1967 and to be fair if they aint got things running as they should by now

its a very sad day for all racers

Steve

My name is Lorraine and I belong to the South East Whippet Club, I have not been in the sport half as long has some of you's people, but to read some of the stuff that I have been reading is really sad. Its sad to hear that Dorren has resigned under such unhappy circumstances after given 10 years service to the sport. My partner Jimmy has been in the sport since 1970, he said there has always been a certain amount of disagreements, you get that in any sport but these days its like mob rule and kangaroo court, all the disagreement is of a personal nature and nothing to do with whippet racing.

On a much higher note GOOD LUCK to Alison and I hope she fares well .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back