The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Update *dates for 2005*

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi everyone Doreen here, I have had a couple of phone calls with regard to the dates and venues in the whippet news for some of the BWRA events so I thought I would clarify some of them.

Spring Pups/Yearling champs will be at Asfordby on March 27th 2005

Lord Byron plate will be at Dawdon on April 17th 2005

Jackcadman will be at Thurrock S.E.W.R.C. on June 12th 2005

Club Teams will be at Asfordby August 7th 2005

Straight Champs; will be at Asfordby on Aug 27th/28th 2005

ABCDE racing will be at Asfordby on Sept.11th 2005

Spring Classic/Autumn Pups will be at Asfordby Sept 25th 2005

Hope this helps any queries give me a call or e-mail me, my phone number is at the back of your BWRA membership books

Hi Debbie, some of the dates are not ideal but we had no choice but to re arrange dates and venues because unfortunately Asforby had football commitments to honour so for this year we had to change

Doreen

so is the i,b,m still ran with the puppy champs and is this still a weekend event and why could old hall not be used for the spring classic or some other track

i feel most member's would want to run on the track, we all payed £5 to make better, lol , than now go to bwra opens at old hall with no toilets ?? you would use, :b after all what in a name ( spring classic ) in october or (new fed )lol :oops:

sorry I missed the IBM off the notice, it will be run on March 27th with the spring pups at Asfordby

Doreen

justright said:
i feel most member's would want to run on the track, we all payed £5 to make better, lol , than now go to bwra opens at old hall with no toilets ?? you would use,  :b after all what in a name ( spring classic ) in october or (new fed )lol :oops:
whats this got to do with he fed -_- same grammer different user name :b not again please :- "

there was nothing done with the asfordby track the £5 extra you paid the committee have used to by a camera etc;

8) Can I just point out that alot of work has been done on Asfordby track but not at the expense of bwra members. The club did not have any money from the bwra for the track, which is looking very good and ready for the opens in 2005, thanks to the very hard work of afew club members. The money you all paid in has gone towards bwra equipment.

tanyia said:
8) Can I just point out that alot of work has been done on Asfordby track but not at the expense of bwra members. The club did not have any money from the bwra for the track, which is looking very good and ready for the opens in 2005, thanks to the very hard work of afew club members. The money you all paid in has gone towards bwra equipment.
Really Pauline? I never knew that! :unsure:

Hi Dee theres three items the committee bought up at the agm. If I have this wrong Doreen will need to correct me. As I remember the committee want to buy a digi camera, a second scanner/printer and a generator

That can only be good for whippet racing, i dont see the members having a problem with buying equipment needed with the extra £5 they paided

At the beginning of this year the Nwrf had donations from alot of members for trophies and equipment. Which we can not thank them enough.

dee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pauline, you got most of the items right, we have purchased the camera, also a new lure that has the battery combined in it and is on a small wheeled trolley ( i haven't seen it myself but Muriel tells me it is ideal for us ) and we also need to purchase a generator to operate the photo finish as the one that was handed over to the new committee only lasted for two races then seized up, mind you it was an old type, when I get the cost for all the equipment from Muriel I will put it on K9 then all the members know how their money is being spent.

While I'm on here please can all regional secretaries forward the names of their regions three reps who would attend any BWRA national committee meetings.

If we don't have names they wiil not be able to represent their region and we want as many of the regions to have a voice as possible. Also two names from each region please of people who would be willing to help out at the national events.

Please send any names to me thanks

Doreen (BWRA SEC )

im glad the money has gone towards helping our sport. will the equipment be used at all b.w.r.a events r just ashfordby.

so why is they only one bwra event held in north east after all the north east still have a lot of tracks caple of holding these events

when it was proposed to pay the £5 it was to improve the track was is not? ;)

Hi Sharon, the equipment is for the use of any BWRA national event.

Obviously we will not need to use the lure or the generator at bend events, but we will be taking the digital camera for photographs to be taken. Also if we stage a straight event at another club, if they are willing to let us use the lure that belongs to their club then that will save the need to carry the BWRA one around, but it can be done if we need to,

The lure is going to be stored at one of the committee members home so that it will only be used for the purpose it was purchased for and that is BWRA events only, and also it means it will be stored somewhere dry out of the bad weather.

Hope the members are happy with this

regards Doreen (BWRA SEC )

some people may complain they always do but as for my £5 as long as the b.w.r.a has something to show for it then im ok.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back