The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Update *dates for 2005*

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just a reminder to all members who intend to run at the BWRA bend championships on Sunday March 20th 2005. Your 2005 membership must be renewed by Feb 20th 2005 at the latest and also any new dog registrations must be in by the same date at the latest.

All memberships must go through your club secretary , then onto your regional secretary or registrar (which ever of these two deal with your membership ) they will then send them onto the BWRA registrar Lynne Rowley

If you want to run at the Tyrone you can do this on last years membership.

regards Doreen (BWRA SEC: )

Query: How does this work out for the B.W.R.A N West Open on the 20th Feb ?

Do we turn up and be taken at word that we are current members or take cards to the open and send them off in the post as soon as we have entered ?

Fleesh, you don't need to be worried about 2004 membership as I'm sure Doreen and other BWRA Committee members do know who was and who was not a member in 2004. If your card has been handed into the Club Secretary of your Region and you do not have it back for the Tyrone open you are still eligible to race providing you were a member in 2004 (and we know you were). I'm sure Doreen will confirm what I have said. :wub:

Fleesh, if the open you are going to on Feb 20th is a BWRA regional open then you will need to tell whoever is running it that your card had to be sent off to renew your membership,. YOU MUST RENEW YOUR 2005 MEMBERSHIP BY FEB 2OTH AT THE LATEST, If you are worried about having to show your cards at the N/W bend event give Linda Broome the regional secretary a ring and explain I am sure she will be of help to you.

hope this helps with your query

Doreen (BWRA SEC )

ALL EXISTING MEMBERS WILL BE O.K FOR THE NORTH WEST OPEN 20TH FEB . ANY NEW DOGS WILL HAVE TO BE REGISTERED BEFORE THEY CAN ENTER.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION; BUT AS MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATIONS ARE ACCEPTED FROM 1ST JANUARY I CANT SEE WHY EVERYONES SUBS ARE NOT PAID LYNNE ROWLEY IS VERY EFFICIENT IN HER JOB, THE NORTH WEST,S MEMBERS CARDS WERE SENT AND RECEIVED BACK WITHIN A WEEK

Joan, Doreen, Linda thankyou for your replies, will send off BWRA cards as soon as we get back from the Tyrone.

:huggles: Stars the lot of you !!!

Just back in time to edit to say that we are taking our cards to our club sec now, going from what Linda said we should have them back in plenty of time for the Tyrone and it's all sorted then ...

Not the first time we have been disorganised with our cards lol :b almost missed the Puppy Champs 15 months ago because we had completely forgotten Blaze was not registered at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know if the membership has gone up this year. We normaly rejoin at the Scottish AGM. We are waiting for the whippet new's to come out to find out how much the membership is and reg pup's and what the restult's of the postal vote was. I dont bend race but will be going to the Lord Byron and would like to be fully paid up for that.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION; BUT AS MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATIONS ARE ACCEPTED FROM 1ST JANUARY I CANT SEE WHY EVERYONES SUBS ARE NOT PAID LYNNE ROWLEY IS VERY EFFICIENT IN HER JOB, THE NORTH WEST,S MEMBERS CARDS WERE SENT AND RECEIVED BACK WITHIN A WEEK

weathergirls said:
ITS SAME AS LAST YEAR

Thanks for letting us know about the membership cost as I have egarly been awaiting the cost so that I can get mine off a.s.a.p.

Just a thought (and I know that this is how it has been done for years) but why can't we send our membership renewal direct to the registar like the feds (old and new) even if it ment sending a self addressed envelope for return as our members are scattered all over the place and it's not always that easy to meet up except on race days. I normally renew at the Regional A.G.M but I could not this year as we did not know the cost. I guess it has something to do with making sure the members club is affiliated to the B.W.R.A but surley we could find a compromise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time i think that a date is set --- say January 31st---- for all renewal memberships to be paid by -----that would then leave new members and change of ownerships only to deal with .and i would think a lot less trouble for all concerned .

steve

Fluke, I agree in an ideal world this would be great but as we all know there are some regions who do not have their agm until the end of January, or even later in some cases so members do not see it as a priority to get their membership sent off, especially as we let dogs run at the Tyrone on the previous years membership.

Perhaps if that stopped it might get the memberships in by January as you suggested .

Doreen (bwra sec )

Just wondering when the our region ny/sd meeting is, :wacko: i cannot recall one for years, :wacko: but there must be one and where is it

Anyone know?

Surely members dont need to wait till agm meetings before paying -or have i missed something / subs shouild all be paid by end of January====after that only new subs / transfers ect would be needed making life for all easier.

Well Steve I agree. We are members of Old Hall w.r.c. and we don't race there but have to join a club in order to join the BWRA. I sent my BWRA card to them a month ago to make sure our membership was in time. Surely others who don't attend the clubs can do like wise and post it to the club they go through. Afterall a postage stamp isnt that much!!!!!! :oops:

Well we paid our subs late last year :oops: and had to pay the fine first time ever and last I hope lol :clown:

Well I would prefer to leave the date as it is at present as it has worked not too bad up until now. Although it would appear to make life a bit better for the registar another way to look at it is if we all rushed the registar at once it would create a lot of work at the one time so maybe its better to spread the work load. And although £10 does not seem to be a lot of money leaving it as it is allows people how are not as well off time to get over the fetive period expences and gather a bit of money for fees for club and and racing bodies. Also regions who have later AGMs might change their regional secretarys and as all membership renewals have to go through the regional secretarys in my opinion you have to wait to see who it is just incase it changes. It also gives the present regional secretarys a chance to get feedback from the national AGM to report to the regional AGM as we had our regional AGM early for last year and did not have any basic information such as the membership renewal costs so I could not hand over my fees and card for renewal like I would normally do.

Just to let members know i managed to get in touch with stainford stadium about there Sunday cavery, and they wont open it as they would have needed to know the amount of people wanting meals well before had, but they have a café that will be doing food, with plenty variety

Thanks Doreen for the number it was worth a try.

Just to let all BWRA members know that there will be childrens and adult races organised at the BWRA straight championships, there will be medals for the winners and hopefully this sort of event will promote the good side of whippet racing that we all know exists but seems to be over shadowed by the bad side with all the bickering that is going on. it should be so simple to put four or five whippets in a trap and let the best dog on the day win, but we seem to be getting bogged down by the negative side of racing. I know from experience that there are a lot of good whippet racer owners out there and we owe it to them to give the good side of racing whenever we can. I am realy looking forward to the team event, and after that the most important event of the BWRA racing calender The BWRA Straight Championships.

Good luck to the organisers of the Scottish Derby I know how much hard work goes in to these events, and also good luck to all the owners who intend to race their whippets there.

kind regards to you all Doreen (BWRA SEC )

Hear, hear, well said Doreen.

I fully agree with all you say and I hope our sport goes from strength to strength

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back