The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Update

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dawdon is one of our favourite tracks-

Close to Dalton Park Shopping Outlet too! what more can you ask for ;)

Karen :D

I like Dawdon track and also can remember as pat says people camping there before going up to scotland ie: the Batsons

Also remember the Batson's and Lagans camping at Walsend them were the days.

The only thing about Dawdon track is it does not suit under 20lb dogs as its quite up hill...my oppinion anyway

A AGREE DENNISE DAWDON IS A HARD TRACK BEING UP HILL BUT I HAVE LITTLE DOGS AND MINE LOVE IT. IT WAS SASPARELLAS FAV. TRACK AND HER SON ZIPPARELLA LUVS IT TO.

Hi all merry xmas and a happy new year to all racers. The Lord Byron was going to come to Bigges Main who were over the moon but alas it can only do 150 yards tops. I surgested Dawdon and contacted Tanya who was over the moon that i had put Dawdon forward Tanya is going to see if camping is poosable we have all camped there in the past and good week ends were held by all. Tanya asures me the track will be in top class condition so there will be no complaints. dawdon is north Yorks not north east but im pleased to see the Lord Byron back in the North East The Jodami open is on the 16th of April so if anyone is camping that weekend i hope theyn will come and race at the Jodami open we always have a good turn out and great trophies are always there to be won. Just thourght ni would plug my open. See you all soon on the racing arena. Woody.(joyce Thoburn)

so where is the jodami to be held then joyce? bigges maine or dawdon? :wacko:

There is a fantastic caravan site at Crimdon which is about 15 mins south of Dawdon it is right on the coast and has all the facillities you could wish for including an on site club so come on up to what has to be one of the best coastlines in the country with the friendliest people(thats us Durham lads)

can you post the name ad phone number on here Im sure there will be some interested

NEAREST SITE TO DAWDON IS CRIMDON DEAN

Crimdon Dean

Blackhall Rocks

Hartlepool

Cleveland

TS27 4BN

Tel: 01429 267801

Fax: 01429 261899

Open: Open All Year

Crimdon Dene has an enviable position on sloping ground facing the North Sea a few miles North of Hartlepool on Durham's Heritage Coastline.

Most areas on the park enjoying fine views along the coast, North towards Sunderland and South towards North Yorkshire.

The parks sits alongside fabulous dunes leading onto one of the finest sandy beaches on the coast. On park you will find a club with a family bar and entertainment venue, plus an amusement arcade.

There is also a new children's play area planned for 2005.

Away from the park there is easy access to the Durham area, or Hartlepool with its reinvigourated harbour where you can find a choice of restaurants and shopping opportunities.

Directions

From the A19 just south of Peterlee, take the B1281 turning signed to Blackhall, and drive through Castle Eden, turning left after about half a mile signed towards Blackhall. After approx 3 miles turn right at T junction onto A1086, towards Crimdon. After about 1 mile the park entrance is signposted on the left, beside the Seagull public house.

Nearby Attractions

Durham City - Explore the cathedral & castle, or take a boat trip along the River Wear.

Beamish Museum - Relive the golden days of our Victorian heritage. An amazing working museum close to Chester le Street.

Newcastle Quayside - With the Baltic Arts Centre & the famous Millenium Bridge.

Metro Centre - A great days shopping & much more besides

Hartlepool - A great day out - visit the Marina & learn about tales of a famous monkey

Sunderland - Experience the National Glass Centre.

X1800Y2160S200W500H300.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
NEVER BEEN YET BUT COULD GIVE IT A GO IF YOU LIKE LOL

SORRY RICKY YOUR ON ORANGE JUICE :oops: :oops:

they reckon a drop of brandy is good for you does it mix with orange arnt we cruel

Hi everyone Happy New Year

I have heard from Linda & Les Windle who kindly went to Stainforth G/Hound

stadium and measured the inside of the greyhound traps, and they tell me that they are TEN & HALF inches, hope this is useful to those of you who will be using trap boards. we are hoping to be able to use the whippet traps from North Notts

for the handicap racing.

Doreen (BWRA sec )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back