The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have been asked by T.Cooper ( chairman of the BWRA ) to post this information.

At the BWRA EGM at Highgate today our chairman was informed by some members of Old Hall that they had been told that if we approached Old Hall Trustees committee we would be able to stage our straight championships, have caravan and tent parking and the use of the hall for the presentation.

Tony Cooper arrived home at 6.10pm after myself and Bill dropped him off

he immediately telephone Barbara Highton at Old Hall who is the whippet section

representative on the trustees committee and asked her if the information given today was correct.

She said none of it was true, there was no offer for camping, and the use of the hall has to be booked 1yr in advance,

For any inquiries regarding this post please telephone the chairman Tony Cooper

his telephone number is in the back of the BWAR membership book

Doreen Hopkins

Will the other tracks with camping available that put themselves forward at the agm be approached.

Members need to be told in concrete the track you will be using in case people need to book on sites,

Just the post sounds as if you could of got Old hall you would of moved from Worcester

:unsure: well whats the result of the egm has anything been changed

Last edited by a moderator:
DENISE BAILEY said:
Will the other tracks with camping available that put themselves forward at the agm be approached.Members need to be told in concrete the track you will be using in case people need to book on sites,

Just the post sounds as if you could of got Old hall you would of moved from Worcester

I would just like to add i am only asking this as i want to know so we can book a campsite

Unable to attend myself :( but have been told that although not enough members attended to hold the EGM,they very kindly agreed to a meeting anyway.Good on ya :thumbsup: As I wasn't there can't comment on what happened,but i'm sure someone who was there will let us know what happened :D

JACK CADMAN to revert back to how it was run in the past

everything else will be discussed later on in the year at the agm

meeting should not gone ahead if 40 of the people who signed the petition could not be bothered to turn up unlike the bwra comm.then nothing should be change

signed gary

cinnamon said:
meeting should not gone ahead if 40 of the people who signed the petition could not be bothered to turn up unlike the bwra comm.then nothing should be change

signed gary

I agree :thumbsup: but then I dont believe the meeting should have been called in the first place.Democracy to me means when a vote has been taken by members then that vote should stand untill the appropriate time for another vote,or why bother having a vote in the first place IMO :D Karen

rodders said:
cinnamon said:

signed gary

I agree :thumbsup: but then I dont believe the meeting should have been called in the first place.Democracy to me means when a vote has been taken by members then that vote should stand untill the appropriate time for another vote,or why bother having a vote in the first place IMO :D Karen

totally agree

Doreen Hopkins said:
I have been asked by T.Cooper ( chairman of the BWRA ) to post this information.
At the BWRA EGM at Highgate today our chairman was informed by some members of Old Hall that they had been told that if we approached Old Hall Trustees committee we would be able to stage our straight championships, have caravan and tent parking and the use of the hall for the presentation.

Tony Cooper arrived home at 6.10pm after myself and Bill dropped him off

he immediately telephone Barbara Highton at Old Hall who is the whippet section

representative on the trustees committee and asked her if the information given today was correct.

She said none of it was true, there was no offer for camping, and the use of the hall has to be booked 1yr in advance,

For any inquiries regarding this post please telephone the chairman Tony Cooper

his telephone number is in the back of the BWAR membership book

Doreen Hopkins

from this post it does sound like the chairman is considering changing the venue :

then surely AT miners + kirkaldy should be approached as these two clubs offered to hold the champs :wacko:

Looked on the BWRA web site this morning to see if an official report of yesterdays meeting or non meeting was recorded.

Don't see how after clearly stating this meeting will not take place if under 40 members present, they can now put on yes it did with only 20 members.

To my mind this meeting was invalid, who agreed to it taking place?

Also whoever from Old Hall gave out this wrong information were not in a position to have this discussed at this meeting. Regarding the Chairman willing to alter the agreed venue of this years championships. Nothing has been said about this and I believe A AND T miners were discussed and deemed not suitable for a championship meeting at an earlier date.

Thanks Audrey a straight answer for once...i am booking a campsite today

rocky said:
Looked on the BWRA web site this morning to see if an official report of yesterdays meeting or non meeting was recorded.Don't see how after clearly stating this meeting will not take place if under 40 members present, they can now put on yes it did with only 20 members.

To my mind this meeting was invalid, who agreed to it taking place?

Also whoever from Old Hall gave out this wrong information were not in a position to have this discussed at this meeting.     Regarding the Chairman willing to alter the agreed venue of this years championships.   Nothing has been said about this and I believe A AND T miners were discussed and deemed not suitable for a championship meeting at an earlier date.

There were 27 members present not 20 as stated and from how i took it the chairman at his discretion agreed to it taking place as those 27 people had all travelled to air their views.

Reference A & T Miners and after lots of people asking about the use of it (not just recently but for at least the last 12 months) i think it's only fair for me to explain a few things. Those who have bothered to come to our club & opens will tell you it boasts super camping facilities and a more than ample size club house with late license, function room and more importantly a welfare club who bend over backwards to help the whippet section. The track is slap bang between the M62 & the M6 so ideal for travelling from any part of the country. Two years ago when this venue was offered i explained that us as members were under no illusion that this track as it stood was no bowling green and to get it up to championship standard we (the club members NOT the BWRA) were prepared to put money and work into the track to get it to a high standard.

The fact that this track was "deemed not suitable" given that i have just said all the above and the BWRA members were at that time apparently crying out for a good venue is just beyond me. I'd also be interested to know at what meeting this occured as of yet i haven't read any minutes of an AGM stating such nor has it been brought to our regional secretary & chairmans attention.

Just setting the record straight.

very true Vicky the only comment passed up to date as far as I am aware was at the AGM when Doreen said it was too far

some people need to get their facts right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank the BWRA executive committee for agreeing to the meeting going ahead even though they would have been well within their rights to refuse it

Thats it then, lets get our heads together and give this venue some plug.

A & T for me anybody else up for it?

Picture_435.gif [SIZE=21pt]G I N P I T [/SIZE]Picture_435.gif

Vicky said:
The fact that this track was "deemed not suitable" given that i have just said all the above and the BWRA members were at that time apparently crying out for a good venue is just beyond me.  I'd also be interested to know at what meeting this occured as of yet i haven't read any minutes of an AGM stating such nor has it been brought to our regional secretary & chairmans attention.

"deemed not suitable" by whom though. I can't recall any of the current committee having ever visited Gin Pit.

The track is difficult to maintain at a high standard because of the nature of it's foundations. However we have very few injuries as the running surface is excellant. Given adequate notice the track could be good enough - it was first rate at our first open mainly due to having been rolled the weeks prior to race date.

I've run at champs events on tracks worse than what we run on week in week out.

After reading Vickys post regarding A&T reackon BWRA members are very lucky to have people who are willing to put themselves out so that a camping venue accessable to ALL can be made available for the championships.This now rules out the BWRA commitees worry that the track would not be suitable.

Well Done A&T members :thumbsup: :D

I've trialled our two pups on this track, and going back for more :thumbsup:

Hard working club members, very obliging, a very friendly crowd, nice wide traps.

What more can you ask for!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back