The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cambois Whippet Racing

DavidH

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Three whippet races on friday 18/11. light weight/ middle weight / heavy weight. races to suit all, dogs required to make 5 dog heats and reserve to alternate each week to give everybody a run contact steve bell on 01429 890770/ 07811305632. :thumbsup: Would be nice for some support and new dogs :cheers:

anybody interested in whippet racing ???? :( :thumbsup: Cambois is a good track with open bends no problems. the owners are great and bending over backwards for the whippets. getting tight as programme/news paper adverts need to be in . ENTRYS /reserve required, even if your dog has slight niggle provisional entry can be made.Steve bell is grading if you have a novice steve will make sure its mark and race will suit it. just a good night out to race school and introduce your dog to bend racing. :cheers: :luck:

Best of luck ----hope that you lot in the North East give this new venue more support than you gave Easington in the past USE IT OR LOOSE IT as the saying goes--- if i were Joe another one like the last ---would be that---get the dates sorted and dont clash with others -- common sense tells you if there is a top ten meeting the same weekend you just wont get the dogs especially with bend racing--- go for QUALITY rather than QUANTITY---

steve

the travellers was on the calendar for the 20th, whitch would of been spot on nothing else on just before the uk scratch :( didnt find out until champs it was on the12th :eek: dont know how dates got mixed up. water under the bridge now , wants putting down as a learner.we dont want to loose good tracks. stadiums round here dont need whippets since pee law went ngrc, they have full card :cheers:

dont know why the horden one got canceled,but this was not the date as planed,i got a phone call asking if we wanted to put an open on,as joe had no grayhounds on ,on the saturday night so we went ahead and put one on,all giving our spare time up,ie horden members,and as for putting opens on the same weekends as top 10,well will say nothing on that one,i dont have a dog that runs the bends,so i wont be giving anymore of my time up for them, :angry:

I was not having a go at any one Kenny --it would seem that every time Joe has an open it does not get the support it truly deserves ---and my points were valid --not intended to upset ---rather spur people into giving more support than they have in the past---- i am only sorry i could not get there myself--- as i dont think i have missed one there in the last six years--he always seems to get the shitty end of the stick -for a man who has always seemed so obliging to us whippet folk---

I would not like this new venue to get that same sort of deal if they are going out of their way to help us they need a decent level of support --- that was my point--

Sorry that you and all the others who helped put on the Easington open on-- wasted a lot of time and effort-- that is very sad in my opininion you deserve better.

steve

i know you were not having a go steve ,we can only try to put a bit sport on for our whippet racers,but if they dont turn up,its all been a waste of time for all including joe who gives his time up too,and as you say electric&staff...so anyway hope you have got rid of the trotts bet you were doing better times than flook,running to the loo (w00t) :x take care m8

having talked with joe last saturday reading between the lines IMO if the next two opens are not well attended it could be the end of racing at easington,joe as done everything possible to help the whippet racers in the past,he as had opens there that have made a loss and he as just took it on the chin but there comes a time when you say enough is enough, i know the timing of the open could have been better but i was looking through earlier whippet news ( march issue ) and the origanal date was 20/11/05 for this open that would have been a better date so don't know why it was changed, maybe someone from hordon could explain ;)

Sad as it is-- no one could blame Joe if he did say thats that with regards to whippets ----

Hes had the shitty end of the stick enough for anyone to call time on it --- its not that long since he was putting added prize money on for us--- if my memory serves me correctly --he was promised all sorts that never materialised ---and still obliged us at every given opportunity--not many would have.

steve

[

----

HEATS FOR FRI 18/11

SHE BANGS

JACK

SHANE

CHALLENGER

HEAT 2 MIDDLE WEIGHT

ROSEANNA

BEST MATES

ACCA

GYPSY QUEEN

BALLAJURA

HEAT 3 LITTLEUNS

WHITCH 5

LAURANNA

WHINNY SKIPPET

THE BUILDER :luck: :luck: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
could you get ste to put master tornado in the heat with little uns for nex week

:cheers:

:( racing tonight frozen off :rant: better luck next week :thumbsup:

:rant: 2 weeks running off long way for nothing

i bet anth was happy

never saw anth,when i got there steve and joe was there over 100 miles for me :- " :cheers: :luck:

well ive been informed that you decided to get your facts wrong as regards to steve and joe going up to cambois last week. i dont need to explain myself but i am anyway. I have tried for two days to contact steve as regards to dogs being missing in heats due to lameness and the fact it was called off. I left two voicemails and a number of texts also text was THE OTHER MANAGER of the club Michelle.Steve is a valued member of the team as he is the handicapper and he knows that i would not let him travel all that way for nothing .ITS CALLED COMMUNICATION DEAR. Try it hunny you might find it would help...................i will reply on thursday while i,m at college if you want a reply that is. TANYA CO MANAGER :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

nobody was blaiming anybody.just the hard weather.i think there will be a few phone calls made before traveling :- " :cheers: a learner a this time of the year

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back